• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    The show Jericho made me think of Dick Cheney and Halliburton. Haliburton is a monster company with civilian, military, and infrastructure interests all over the world. Dick Cheney was a shot caller in Haliburton just as the new president was in that TV series.

What's the difference between Haliburton and Xe?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I am not going to dispute that. Also, I do believe that many people who are against the grain of government flow will be forced into bad situations.

I have a question for your Ranger since you did serve....Do you think that U.S. troops would come into American neighborhoods and round up people at will? I am being serious as I do think some will and some will resist.

Also, what do you view of your former brethren if they do attempt to come round people up? I am not a former soldier but to me that is not an issue as if ANYBODY comes to take my family or my friends then they are no longer MY countrymen.

well im just one man, and some agree with my opinions and some dont. Also I am in no position to speak for what other soldiers would do. All that being said, here is my personal opinion, without breaking forum rules or getting out of line (ill try hard):

Do you think that U.S. troops would come into American neighborhoods and round up people at will? MY ANSWER: they already did it after hurricane Katrina, and some where interviewed as saying they couldnt believe they were doing this on U.S. soil, but they still continued to do it. So yes I know they will do it if ordered to. The key will be how the government disquises it to make it seem constitutional. Keep in Mind, there are different levels of "professional soldiers" IF its a blatent Un-Constitutional order then yes I believe certain units would stand down, and refuse the order. BUT, remember The president can declare marshall law, and in that case it would be a cluster Buck.

Also, what do you view of your former brethren if they do attempt to come round people up? I am not a former soldier but to me that is not an issue as if ANYBODY comes to take my family or my friends OR MY GUNS then they are no longer MY countrymen. MY ANSWER: I will simply say I agree with you. I added something in red to your question. I would still hope EVERYDAY that they would see the error in their decision and once again become my countrymen, and i would welcome them with open arms.

They key indicator in an illegal or un-constitutional order will be if the government tries to disarm the citizen population. If that occurs then theres no turning back from what will happen. Im not inciting.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    What's the difference between Haliburton and Xe?

Haliburton was a larger company overall but I do not know about now. Also, in the show the new president was a "rising star" of Jennings and Rall just like Dick Cheney was the VPOTUS and a former big shot in Haliburton.

well im just one man, and some agree with my opinions and some dont. Also I am in no position to speak for what other soldiers would do. All that being said, here is my personal opinion, without breaking forum rules or getting out of line (ill try hard):

Do you think that U.S. troops would come into American neighborhoods and round up people at will? MY ANSWER: they already did it after hurricane Katrina, and some where interviewed as saying they couldnt believe they were doing this on U.S. soil, but they still continued to do it. So yes I know they will do it if ordered to. The key will be how the government disquises it to make it seem constitutional. Keep in Mind, there are different levels of "professional soldiers" IF its a blatent Un-Constitutional order then yes I believe certain units would stand down, and refuse the order. BUT, remember The president can declare marshall law, and in that case it would be a cluster Buck.

Also, what do you view of your former brethren if they do attempt to come round people up? I am not a former soldier but to me that is not an issue as if ANYBODY comes to take my family or my friends OR MY GUNS then they are no longer MY countrymen. MY ANSWER: I will simply say I agree with you. I added something in red to your question.

They key indicator in an illegal or un-constitutional order will be if the government tries to disarm the citizen population. If that occurs then theres no turning back from what will happen. Im not inciting.

I know that National Guard helped out during Katrina but I did not know that any were actually involved in the confiscation of weapons part. Also, I do agree with the part you added in red to my question. I don't believe these questions are inciting but to me are stating fact. Once the line is crossed where you threaten my safety and my family in a crisis situation then you become a threat.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Haliburton was a larger company overall but I do not know about now. Also, in the show the new president was a "rising star" of Jennings and Rall just like Dick Cheney was the VPOTUS and a former big shot in Haliburton.

I know that National Guard helped out during Katrina but I did not know that any were actually involved in the confiscation of weapons part. Also, I do agree with the part you added in red to my question. I don't believe these questions are inciting but to me are stating fact. Once the line is crossed where you threaten my safety and my family in a crisis situation then you become a threat.

yes they were involved in it all as were private contractors. most police agencies werent strong enough to do it alone. they're officers deserted their post. thats why every trigger happy cops from around the country was in a hurry to go "volunteer" down there. Im not saying that every cop that went was trigger happy, but there sure were a lot that were!!! and they enjoyed dis-arming the public and had no issue with it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Halliburton isn't a Merc company like Xe is. Halliburton is more into the energy field than defense. Sure, they had defense contracts, but nothing like what Blackwater had. Halliburton was in the Middle East for Oil. Pure and simple. That's what the company REALLY cared about.

Xe/Blackwater was in the Middle East for combat experience. Most of their Defense employees were already combat soldiers, but those that were not got their experience there.

That's the biggest difference.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Another things about Halliburton... Dick Cheney and Bush Jr didn't become POTUS/VPOTUS by sheer luck and elimination. Bush family had oil contracts with the Hussein family. Bush and Cheney also had dealings within the oil business. When things went south during the first Bush Admin, their business dealings also went south. The Bush Jr. administration, in an attempt to save their oil dealings tried to use Blackwater AND Halliburton to secure the oil fields and in their desperation made the new Iraqi government agree to pay us back in oil. It fell through when the Sunni's said HECK NO to the deal. That's when Halliburton started getting "in trouble" with civilian killings, etc.

Don't believe me. Go look at the time lines. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who knows to look for it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would think that if the US Military is sent after the American people, our only hope will be if a sufficient number of the top Generals with the support of mid-level officers decide to prevent it from happening. Unfortunately it seems at times like those Generals have become the political toadies their civilian masters want them to be. Doing and saying whatever they believe they should to curry favor. There are a few exceptions that step up every now and then and speak their piece. But they know their career is over when they do it.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So taking the tin foil off, and praying that they are actually preparing to seal the southern boarder of this country. Hey, I can dream can't I???

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    I am not going to dispute that. Also, I do believe that many people who are against the grain of government flow will be forced into bad situations.

I have a question for your Ranger since you did serve....Do you think that U.S. troops would come into American neighborhoods and round up people at will? I am being serious as I do think some will and some will resist.

Also, what do you view of your former brethren if they do attempt to come round people up? I am not a former soldier but to me that is not an issue as if ANYBODY comes to take my family or my friends then they are no longer MY countrymen.

Yes some but not all US troops will, it is the Stupid ones that will... We the US are training foreign troops to Disarm Citizens right now on our soil. AND IM NOT JOKING IM DEAD SERIOUS :xmad:

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I would think that if the US Military is sent after the American people, our only hope will be if a sufficient number of the top Generals with the support of mid-level officers decide to prevent it from happening. Unfortunately it seems at times like those Generals have become the political toadies their civilian masters want them to be. Doing and saying whatever they believe they should to curry favor. There are a few exceptions that step up every now and then and speak their piece. But they know their career is over when they do it.
    Everybody needs a good coup every hundred years or so:rockwoot:
    Yes some but not all US troops will, it is the Stupid ones that will... We the US are training foreign troops to Disarm Citizens right now on our soil. AND IM NOT JOKING IM DEAD SERIOUS :xmad:

I have heard about this before...hopefully they at least wear the blue helmets so they are easier to spot.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ORI1.jpg

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    So, I was talking about this exact same topic a few weeks ago with my dad and a thought came up. Isn't training the military to be effective against civilians what we've been doing for a while now? Look at the urban warfare tactics that have been practiced over and again for use overseas, ie the middle east. The only real difference is the terrain surrounding the towns, and the types/materials of buildings, and the mindset of the civilians. After this conversation I called up one of my buddies, a National Guard member, and asked him what he would do. He simply said that he would in fact follow the orders as given until a point he felt that it was in violation of his beliefs (not a real direct answer but I generally know his beliefs so I was somewhat comfortable with that). He said, basically that they were more concerned with those inciting riots, and more obvious threats than attempting to disarm the general population. He did say that he would not hesitate to fire upon any person (civilian or military) who raised a weapon against him (can't say that I blame him or disagree here).

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :dunno:

And shoosh you ex-mod! You don't scare me! :D

Annnnnnd.... I'm out! :runaway:

Yeah, like superman when he gave up his powers... :fogey:

But if Scutter or any other mod sees anyone talking about shooting troops, well, let's say I warned yah!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yeah, like superman when he gave up his powers... :fogey:

But if Scutter or any other mod sees anyone talking about shooting troops, well, let's say I warned yah!

No worries here. I only discuss the process, events, and policies leading up to the actions of which could lead to said shooting. I will not discuss "the restricted subject". ;)

Top Bottom