Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    16l0n75.jpg

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have been away from here for a good while and things have changed. Now I have a minute and I want to tell a story. This belongs in the break room, but I want to risk the ban hammer so as to fill this thread out a wee bit.

My fourth of July adventure........ Actually I didn't do ANYTHING for independence day, But independence day did me!I l spent the whole day in my chair streaming black-n-white tv shows on netflix. The usual fourth of July racket was resounding from every side as I huddled indoors until it started to get dark.

One particular neighbor looked like they were having a reunion and was presenting quite a fireworks show for the extended family. I ignored it for the most part, even as the light flashed around the room and the windows rattled. There came a time when smoke was infiltrating into the house, and shortly after that it looked and sounded like the Tet offensive was taking place across the street, so I decided to go out and watch the carnage.

Now everybody understand this, I am an old fat crippled up hippie who can barely walk at all and then with the help of a stick or on some days with a walker. With that in mind, make a mental picture of what happens next, I hobble outside to my porch and close the door behind me so as to not let the dogs get out. The smoke is so thick that I cannot see the street, The only thing visible was flashing colors illuminating the smoke from across the street. It seems to be a fairly impressive end-of-show barrage. Unfortunately there has been a misfire, knocking all manner of rockets and roman candles every which way. Now what to my wondering eyes should appear? A mortar ball, one that later turned out to be a 3 inch mortar ball, came streaking out of the clouds and bounces around my feet. Of course it then proceeds to go off!

Now, this thing didn't explode........ Firecrackers explode. This thing DETONATED! HOLY CRAP!!!....... We are talking about a shockwave like a true high explosive charge! Oddly enough I never heard the sound. I felt the impact, my eyes hurt and all of my hair flew straight up (all 2 feet of it) but I don't remember hearing anything. As a matter of fact I don't remember hearing anything for about 10 minutes.

So here I am, standing propped up by my stick. My glasses are all sideways and my hair is pointing all directions at once. I have smoke curling out of my hair and beard. Smoke it oozing out of my jeans and t shirt. I have little bits of paper in my hair, in my mouth, my ears, my pockets and sticking all over me. As the smoke clears I begin to see the neighbors and they can see me. The neighbors are laughing so hard that they cannot contain themselves. they cannot come to see if I am catatonic or shell shocked, they cannot stomp out the grass fire that is slowly spreading from the launching area. They are falling all about paralyzed with the humor of me in my disarray! GEE.... THANKS..... My pals! One kid laughed so hard that he got asthma and his mother rushed him off to the hospital.

Ok, so I know that s**t happens..... When people are having fun with high explosives there is some element of risk and I am as juvenile and reckless as the next guy, but I can't let this go unanswered. I am thinking about a gallon jug full of oxy/acetylene torch mix, maybe with a pull string party popper to set it off. Probably with a whole bottle of smurf blue chalk-line chalk in the jug, just to make a nice blue cloud around an unsuspecting guy. Sort of an early morning running-out-to-work wake up call....... I don't know, I am studying on it........

Anyway, that's what I did over the holiday!
    Haha well I'm the sob who would have called the police and reported an incident. Sorry but I'm on the fire dept and I can tell you that these 3 inchers are not firecrackers, they're as good as RPGs lol but I'm serious, I would have called the cops just to see the looks on their stupid faces. I bet they wouldn't have been laughing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Haha well I'm the sob who would have called the police and reported an incident. Sorry but I'm on the fire dept and I can tell you that these 3 inchers are not firecrackers, they're as good as RPGs lol but I'm serious, I would have called the cops just to see the looks on their stupid faces. I bet they wouldn't have been laughing.

Call the police? Hell, I am lucky that I didn't get arrested myself! The old lady (92 years old) that lives to the east, cursed us ALL out for a bunch of reckless punks. (punks....... I am 54) I was trying to tell her that I wasn't involved at all, but she called me a G*d d*mn liar! She said " just look at you! I can smell the sulfur right off of your skin! You were in the thick of it for sure!!!" While not entirely accurate, everything that she said was indeed true. I certainly reeked of sulfur, and at least for an instant I was indeed in the thick of it! She wasn't taking "NO" for an answer.

It's been my experience that when somebody calls the police, they take EVERYBODY to jail. Their universal advise is always "Tell it to the judge!". I already got blown up, I didn't need to get locked up!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have been away from here for a good while and things have changed. Now I have a minute and I want to tell a story. This belongs in the break room, but I want to risk the ban hammer so as to fill this thread out a wee bit.

My fourth of July adventure........ Actually I didn't do ANYTHING for independence day, But independence day did me!I l spent the whole day in my chair streaming black-n-white tv shows on netflix. The usual fourth of July racket was resounding from every side as I huddled indoors until it started to get dark.

One particular neighbor looked like they were having a reunion and was presenting quite a fireworks show for the extended family. I ignored it for the most part, even as the light flashed around the room and the windows rattled. There came a time when smoke was infiltrating into the house, and shortly after that it looked and sounded like the Tet offensive was taking place across the street, so I decided to go out and watch the carnage.

Now everybody understand this, I am an old fat crippled up hippie who can barely walk at all and then with the help of a stick or on some days with a walker. With that in mind, make a mental picture of what happens next, I hobble outside to my porch and close the door behind me so as to not let the dogs get out. The smoke is so thick that I cannot see the street, The only thing visible was flashing colors illuminating the smoke from across the street. It seems to be a fairly impressive end-of-show barrage. Unfortunately there has been a misfire, knocking all manner of rockets and roman candles every which way. Now what to my wondering eyes should appear? A mortar ball, one that later turned out to be a 3 inch mortar ball, came streaking out of the clouds and bounces around my feet. Of course it then proceeds to go off!

Now, this thing didn't explode........ Firecrackers explode. This thing DETONATED! HOLY CRAP!!!....... We are talking about a shockwave like a true high explosive charge! Oddly enough I never heard the sound. I felt the impact, my eyes hurt and all of my hair flew straight up (all 2 feet of it) but I don't remember hearing anything. As a matter of fact I don't remember hearing anything for about 10 minutes.

So here I am, standing propped up by my stick. My glasses are all sideways and my hair is pointing all directions at once. I have smoke curling out of my hair and beard. Smoke it oozing out of my jeans and t shirt. I have little bits of paper in my hair, in my mouth, my ears, my pockets and sticking all over me. As the smoke clears I begin to see the neighbors and they can see me. The neighbors are laughing so hard that they cannot contain themselves. they cannot come to see if I am catatonic or shell shocked, they cannot stomp out the grass fire that is slowly spreading from the launching area. They are falling all about paralyzed with the humor of me in my disarray! GEE.... THANKS..... My pals! One kid laughed so hard that he got asthma and his mother rushed him off to the hospital.

Ok, so I know that s**t happens..... When people are having fun with high explosives there is some element of risk and I am as juvenile and reckless as the next guy, but I can't let this go unanswered. I am thinking about a gallon jug full of oxy/acetylene torch mix, maybe with a pull string party popper to set it off. Probably with a whole bottle of smurf blue chalk-line chalk in the jug, just to make a nice blue cloud around an unsuspecting guy. Sort of an early morning running-out-to-work wake up call....... I don't know, I am studying on it........

Anyway, that's what I did over the holiday!

Call the police? Hell, I am lucky that I didn't get arrested myself! The old lady (92 years old) that lives to the east, cursed us ALL out for a bunch of reckless punks. (punks....... I am 54) I was trying to tell her that I wasn't involved at all, but she called me a G*d d*mn liar! She said " just look at you! I can smell the sulfur right off of your skin! You were in the thick of it for sure!!!" While not entirely accurate, everything that she said was indeed true. I certainly reeked of sulfur, and at least for an instant I was indeed in the thick of it! She wasn't taking "NO" for an answer.

It's been my experience that when somebody calls the police, they take EVERYBODY to jail. Their universal advise is always "Tell it to the judge!". I already got blown up, I didn't need to get locked up!

OK, I am too ignorant (or more likely too lazy) to know how to set up a poll, so somebody could do it for me;

1- Should I have taken it like a b**ch and slunk back inside without a word? (my wife's advise)

2- Should I have called johnny law? (Redhorse's advise)

3- Should I act nonchalant, then strike with vengeance when the time is ripe? (my advise)

4- Should I grow up, stop playing with fire and act like a responsible adult just once before I die? (the old lady's advise)

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK, I am too ignorant (or more likely too lazy) to know how to set up a poll, so somebody could do it for me;

1- Should I have taken it like a b**ch and slunk back inside without a word? (my wife's advise)

3- Should I act nonchalant, then strike with vengeance when the time is ripe? (my advise)

4- Should I grow up, stop playing with fire and act like a responsible adult just once before I die? (the old lady's advise)

I vote option 3.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013

Hey, you never brought up number 3 haha I like this plan. You're right about the cops thing though, I only suggested that because I'm on a fire dept and we use these 3 inch shells in our displays and I know how bad they can be. We have to be extremely careful and for that guy to have been that irresponsible would have made me mad. But I vote 3, you never suggested that before now haha

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Wow. JetGirl...... I am glad for you getting to see your pop. I hope all is well and that you guys get all caught up. I just want to ask, did you getting to see pop Kill this thread? With everything going on in here, i would have thought that Jetgirl and her pop were welcome here. Two days have gone by without meaningless drivel. I have been scarce because of the Java Exploit Virus that's hanging
    around...........But where is our leader?

edit - Woops-Tthere is that java exploit bug, it's still here. My antivirus is giving me hell, I'm outta here!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom