Not open for further replies.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    That is weird.

I don't know why but it depends a lot on the time of day for me. If I drink it in the morning it works fine. But if I drink it in the afternoon it usually makes me want to take a nap. But in the evening time it wakes me up again. I don't get it.

I hate energy drinks. I wont touch those things ever again.
    I used to drink several red bulls a day when I was hanging drywall, 2-12oz cans to start the day, one day it felt like my heart was pounding and skipping beats or something weird like that... That was the last time I drank that stuff! I can drink half a pot in the morning and not even notice, but 2 cups after 6 and I'll be up half the night!?!? My mom has restless leg syndrome and she drinks a large cup of half caffeinated coffee in the evening, she said it helps her sleep better at night and makes her legs feel better?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I used to drink several red bulls a day when I was hanging drywall, 2-12oz cans to start the day, one day it felt like my heart was pounding and skipping beats or something weird like that... That was the last time I drank that stuff! I can drink half a pot in the morning and not even notice, but 2 cups after 6 and I'll be up half the night!?!? My mom has restless leg syndrome and she drinks a large cup of half caffeinated coffee in the evening, she said it helps her sleep better at night and makes her legs feel better?

Same thing happened to me but it was Rockstar energy drinks that did it to me. I used to work for Office Depot at the supply warehouse in Orlando, Fl while I was going to MMI. We used to clock in at 7am which meant I had to get up at 5:30 to eat breakfast and get ready and then drive a half hour to get there. On the way I would stop by the 7/11 and get a couple Rockstars. Usually I would drink one on the drive than put one in the fridge in the break room to drink at lunch. One day after lunch and my second Rockstar I stated sweating really badly and felt flush and light headed. I had to sit down, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. So I cut those things out after that. I found out later that what I had was a reaction to the niacin. Basically an overdose of it.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Same thing happened to me but it was Rockstar energy drinks that did it to me. I used to work for Office Depot at the supply warehouse in Orlando, Fl while I was going to MMI. We used to clock in at 7am which meant I had to get up at 5:30 to eat breakfast and get ready and then drive a half hour to get there. On the way I would stop by the 7/11 and get a couple Rockstars. Usually I would drink one on the drive than put one in the fridge in the break room to drink at lunch. One day after lunch and my second Rockstar I stated sweating really badly and felt flush and light headed. I had to sit down, my heart was pounding out of my chest and I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. So I cut those things out after that. I found out later that what I had was a reaction to the niacin. Basically an overdose of it.
    that feeling sucks. Kinda makes you just want to lay down somewhere cool and close your eyes doesn't it? That's about how mine was, i didn't have any problem catching my breath though. Scary as hell regardless!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Now. I know what Scutter was talking about.

:popcorn:

bunny-eating-popcorn-o.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom