• Status
    Not open for further replies.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I think they're supposed to pee their pants.
    Actually, in Colorado they recommend:
    1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself. :stickpoke:
    2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.:blahblah:
    3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.:runaway:
    4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.:rofl:
    5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.:faint:
    6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.:gheyhi:
    7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.:puke::poop:
    8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!:nono::boxing:
    9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.:abused:
    10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.:scratch:

University of Colorado Removes Safety Tip Sheet Advising Rape Victims to Thwart Attack by ?Vomiting or Urinating? | Video | TheBlaze.com

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So basically they tell you to panic. Do not keep a level head, no need for good SA, do not asses everyone you see as a potential threat and what level of risk they may pose to you, no need to avoid known dangerous areas when possible.

Nope, Panic, squirm, spit, pee, poop, vomit, scratch, bite, run.

Anyone else find it ironic that, that is exactly what any wild animal would do right before it gets eaten by a larger, stronger, faster, better equipped, predator?

It totally denies that fact that we humans enjoy the "top" of the food chain now because we adapted and learned to used tools to even the playing field. We have no natural defenses except our situational awareness and mindset. So we learned to cheat. And it worked. So why would we deny ourselves the same advantage when walking the modern streets that we gave ourselves walking through the jungle?

Last edited:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.:abused:
    You know... One of my cop-type acquaintances was telling a mutual gun-less gal acquaintance that in the event of an attack or abduction, she should do whatever the guy says because things will be worse if she didn't.
    I stopped him right there and said, "the way I see it, I believe you are already dead. You might as well do your damnedest to do what damage you can and if it plays in your favor, get away."
    I figure I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in somebody else's blood...I got no problem leaving it the same way.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    You know... One of my cop-type acquaintances was telling a mutual gun-less gal acquaintance that in the event of an attack or abduction, she should do whatever the guy says because things will be worse if she didn't.
    I stopped him right there and said, "the way I see it, I believe you are already dead. You might as well do your damnedest to do what damage you can and if it plays in your favor, get away."
    I figure I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in somebody else's blood...I got no problem leaving it the same way.
    I like your way of thinking.

JaCobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Warsaw
    The way judges and juries determine things any more with gun related self-defense is beyond me. But if you make sure the criminal is all the way in your home, not half way thru your window and you shoot him causing him to fall outside, and armed with some sort of weapon, and his facing you, and coming towards, and gonna hurt you, at least you think he's gonna hurt you...... You might, just might be able to get away with shooting him once in the leg, but heaven forbid you kill someone protecting your family. And then most robbers are out of jail in 3 months, plus while they're there, they get to eat free food and watch free cable tv. $80 million of our tax money annually goes for supporting criminals in prisons. Yep, that's reward our criminals

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    The way judges and juries determine things any more with gun related self-defense is beyond me. But if you make sure the criminal is all the way in your home, not half way thru your window and you shoot him causing him to fall outside, and armed with some sort of weapon, and his facing you, and coming towards, and gonna hurt you, at least you think he's gonna hurt you...... You might, just might be able to get away with shooting him once in the leg, but heaven forbid you kill someone protecting your family. And then most robbers are out of jail in 3 months, plus while they're there, they get to eat free food and watch free cable tv. $80 million of our tax money annually goes for supporting criminals in prisons. Yep, that's reward our criminals
    Newb, read the other 200+ pages before commenting and tell me what you notice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom