• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    ...Shut down all retail commerce because people are afraid to go shopping at a mall because they could be shot dead in the parking lot in a random attack by a terrorist? That's what will start happening if we don't keep them preoccupied.

Which is where I think the home-grown versions start to become a issue. They are under the radar so to speak.

I owe you some rep for your last posts, but I'm out for now.

On the subject of the OP, I say let the military guys deal with the issue. They know how to rectify the original source, wink, wink.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yes, we do. There hasn't been a successful attack, of any size, on our soil for nine years.
    And what about before then...is Jihad somehow a new push for them?

Let there be no doubt. I would kill every single enemy America has in the world to protect a single innocent citizen of this country.
    Killing enemies and killing those who attack us are two completely different categories...on that note...with your line of thinking, I believe we should kill most of the world then.

In ancient times a Roman citizen was free to travel anywhere in the empire, because the conquered know that if any harm came to that citizen, the wrath of Rome would rain down on the land. There were no measured responses. There was only the unmitigated wrath of Rome. They would send in legions to kill thousands over one dead Roman. Yeah, I'm good with that.
    And one day, Rome fell! :patriot:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    And what about before then...is Jihad somehow a new push for them?

We weren't the declared ememy. until we "invaded" Saudi Arabia in 1991.

Killing enemies and killing those who attack us are two completely different categories...on that note...with your line of thinking, I believe we should kill most of the world then.

If that's what's necessary to protect American lives, then so be it. Again, they don't let me be in charge of national security, or there would be some. I don't hate or dislike other countries, but I'm not going to apologize because I love my country more than I love any other.

When they became "civilized", weak and lost their moral compass, the empire fell.

straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    Seving in the military should be a priveledge, they need to make the entry standards higher to weed out the whackos. Also they need to cut the nuts off of these retards so no one else even thinks about doing this again

Not saying it is ok. But i dont think that serving in the military is a priveledge!! some have no choice, some do it because they want to help out !!. but i dont think no one has went at a reward for eating all there supper.

and some may be wackos but you got to remember those wackos are still helping give you the freedom you have right now.

You will never see me talk bad about and service member FOR ANY REASON !!

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Seving in the military should be a priveledge, they need to make the entry standards higher to weed out the whackos. Also they need to cut the nuts off of these retards so no one else even thinks about doing this again

Not saying it is ok. But i dont think that serving in the military is a priveledge!! some have no choice, some do it because they want to help out !!. but i dont think no one has went at a reward for eating all there supper.

and some may be wackos but you got to remember those wackos are still helping give you the freedom you have right now.

You will never see me talk bad about and service member FOR ANY REASON !!
    When I served, I recall several individuals that were told if they did not join, they'd be serving time behind bars. I really felt comfortable having them as fellow shipmates.:rolleyes:
    They are still criminals, just have a different theater to play in.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Sickening! :xmad:

Our children, brothers, fathers, mothers, etc. are over there risking their very lives every day while at home the keyboard strategists sit here and show nothing but disrespect.

I don't see or read about successful terrorist attacks here in the US, US embassy's, territories, etc. any more so I'd say what they are doing over there is indeed having an impact on our daily lives here!

Son of Liberty

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    We weren't the declared ememy. until we "invaded" Saudi Arabia in 1991.

If that's what's necessary to protect American lives, then so be it. Again, they don't let me be in charge of national security, or there would be some. I don't hate or dislike other countries, but I'm not going to apologize because I love my country more than I love any other.

When they became "civilized", weak and lost their moral compass, the empire fell.

They fell from over reaching with their power and money, they got too, full of themselves and their power. And paid for it. As we will if we continue to follow the same path.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Originally Posted by ATF Consumer

They fell from over reaching with their power and money, they got too, full of themselves and their power. And paid for it. As we will if we continue to follow the same path.

Wow, this sounds like... Um.. The stuff I heard in Public School.

How shotty it sounds. Rome didnt "fall" from being civilized, weak or moral compass (Come on, brother... These are people who had zero problems with war games and vices).

Rome, simply became too Big, too big to self-sustain, Rome also, through conquest made enemies, far and wide, and had to compete with other Empires. When you get so big, it's only a matter of time before you fall.

The money issues, could rightly be attributed to the banking dynasties, which suggested the same crap we see, today, a failed "Gold backed money" which if we research, was backed ONLY BY ELITES, since they had the power.

And lastly, Multiculturalism. You have Germanics, various Celtic peoples, various Mediterrianians, North Africans, Greeks, Middle eastern...

Society has proven that this is very unsustaining.

In short, Rome fell from the inside, long before it did on the Outside; HOWEVER, Rome, truly NEVER EVER fell; Power was simply transfered to the Germano-Celtic peoples. Hence, Spain, France, Great Britain, and lastly America.
    The power of transfer came through 1). Christanity but 2). perhaps more specifically, Roman Catholic Church.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Jay, I usually agree with you on most things. Yes a "jury of one's peers" does sound familiar. IMO it means that you have the right to be not be convicted by the Govt alone you have the right to a trial by other citizens. It does not mean that your "peers" have to have the same experiences/background as you.

Peer: a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status. Peer | Define Peer at Dictionary.com

Hmm...

radical_pursuit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    I think we need to revisit the issue of the draft. It will remove the need to provide $20k to $100k enlistment bonuses, provide a greater cross section of society, and remove the need to institute "stop loss" to maintain the end strength to required to fight a two front war.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I think we need to revisit the issue of the draft. It will remove the need to provide $20k to $100k enlistment bonuses, provide a greater cross section of society, and remove the need to institute "stop loss" to maintain the end strength to required to fight a two front war.

So you're against stop-loss but you support the draft? I guess you don't have to pay a soldier when you force him to serve huh?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Peer: a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status. Peer | Define Peer at Dictionary.com

Hmm...

I remember the peer thing being an issue when they were going to put Lt. Col. Oliver North on trial for some of the Iran Contra scandal. Most conservatives were concerned that he was going to face a DC jury, who said they had never read about the case. Which means they had never read a newspaper, hardly any magazines and never watched the news. People of that type would hardly be considered his peers.:patriot:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I remember the peer thing being an issue when they were going to put Lt. Col. Oliver North on trial for some of the Iran Contra scandal. Most conservatives were concerned that he was going to face a DC jury, who said they had never read about the case. Which means they had never read a newspaper, hardly any magazines and never watched the news. People of that type would hardly be considered his peers.:patriot:

I don't think I'd ever want to face a jury of any kind if I were accused of something.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Peer: a member of any of the five degrees of the nobility in Great Britain and Ireland (duke, marquis, earl, viscount, and baron).

Hmm...

:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom