• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    So this "nation-building" to make these countries much more inhospitable to the radicals like the Taliban and Al Queda is a bad thing? To keep the nutcases on the run, and not settled and able to plan more attacks like 9/11 here, or any of the other terror attacks scattered across the globe is not worth our time?

You know, :facepalm: :wallbash: sometimes, ignorance is no excuse. :rolleyes:

Man, seriously. How much of your money has gone to help fund the killing of our own troops? How much of your money has gone to build schools and roads that just get destroyed by the Taliban? How much of your money gets sent to these terrorist's posing as police officers and politicians and what have you only to be used against us?

It's not our job to make these Countries safe. It's not our job to make the Countries what WE think THEY should be. If they want to kill each other, let them be. Our Founding Fathers warned against this very thing, Nation Building. They predicted our trials and tribulations of doing what we are doing right now. Seriously.

We have no business being there doing what we're doing. We went over there to secure our stake in the oil market. Everything else is just cannon fodder.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    SE, I think that's a bit simplistic.

Our original purpose to go to Afghanistan was to crush the Taliban who were providing a safe haven for terrorists like Bin Laden.

Long term, I'm not sure what we can expect.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Our original purpose to go to Afghanistan was to crush the Taliban who were providing a safe haven for terrorists like Bin Laden.

We see that isn't exactly working too well...where is that Bin Laden anyway???

I'll tell you what we can expect...more US soldier casualties while they will always continue to recruit more radicals for their cause...as long as we are over there, this will be an open ended battle.

We took out the German regime in just a couple of years...how many more years must we sacrifice our brave young men and women's lives in an attempt to kill something that will never die?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Not exactly, but I wasn't refering to Afgan anyway. I was talking about Iraq in that post. Afganistan was with a REAL purpose.

I'll tell you what we can expect...more US soldier casualties while they will always continue to recruit more radicals for their cause...as long as we are over there, this will be an open ended battle.

We took out the German regime in just a couple of years...how many more years must we sacrifice our brave young men and women's lives in an attempt to kill something that will never die?

Unfortunately, we're pandering to the Muslim world and trying not to **** off Pakistan who DOES have Nukes. We know it wouldn't take much for them to give them to the Taliban or whatever tribe wants to use it on use or give them to Iran or whatever. All our action revolved around not pissing off Saudi Arabia because of their oil. It really is that simple. Sure there's more reasons, but that is numero uno.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Man, seriously. How much of your money has gone to help fund the killing of our own troops? How much of your money has gone to build schools and roads that just get destroyed by the Taliban? How much of your money gets sent to these terrorist's posing as police officers and politicians and what have you only to be used against us?

It's not our job to make these Countries safe. It's not our job to make the Countries what WE think THEY should be. If they want to kill each other, let them be. Our Founding Fathers warned against this very thing, Nation Building. They predicted our trials and tribulations of doing what we are doing right now. Seriously.

We have no business being there doing what we're doing. We went over there to secure our stake in the oil market. Everything else is just cannon fodder.

You realize, the United States gets very little oil from the Mid-East, right? We get more oil from Canada than from all the countries of the Mid-East. Less than 5% product comes from Saudi Arabia. 2% from Iraq (now).

http://www.api.org/aboutoilgas/gasoline/upload/US_Imports.pdf

Read Michael Yon. Read Michael Totten. Read someone other than Alex Jones.

The Founding Fathers had more important things to worry about than nation-building elsewhere. They had their own nation to build. Care to point out a reliable text that gives quotes of the Founding Fathers warning against nation building? I don't remember any.

Do you understand the use of the term "cannon fodder" and just what it means?

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

So you'd rather do it here? You'd rather fight a defensive war here? Are you willing to shut off all travel to and from outside the US? How else would you stop any infiltration? The Germans used an army, mostly, and used European ways to fight wars. I haven't seen a picture of a Jihadi in military uniform yet. The old metric of fighting a war is no longer valid. Isolation, complete isolation, just isn't a viable solution. Even Israel has flights in and out and roads leaving the country.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Not exactly, but I wasn't refering to Afgan anyway. I was talking about Iraq in that post. Afganistan was with a REAL purpose.

Unfortunately, we're pandering to the Muslim world and trying not to **** off Pakistan who DOES have Nukes. We know it wouldn't take much for them to give them to the Taliban or whatever tribe wants to use it on use or give them to Iran or whatever. All our action revolved around not pissing off Saudi Arabia because of their oil. It really is that simple. Sure there's more reasons, but that is numero uno.

It doesn't take an army to keep an eye on the Pakastani nukes...a small team of CIA could handle that.
    Our men and women are sacrificing their lives for our selfish foreign interest. It is sad when we look to a repressive nation for supplies when we have a massive supply under our very own feet.:dunno:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    So you'd rather do it here? You'd rather fight a defensive war here? Are you willing to shut off all travel to and from outside the US? How else would you stop any infiltration? The Germans used an army, mostly, and used European ways to fight wars. I haven't seen a picture of a Jihadi in military uniform yet. The old metric of fighting a war is no longer valid. Isolation, complete isolation, just isn't a viable solution. Even Israel has flights in and out and roads leaving the country.

What??? Our borders are wide open...where are the attacks? Just because we are over there killing some of them, isn't keeping them all there. They have plenty of opportunity to infiltrate our country and attack us...

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

About 15% of the oil we import comes from the entire middle east. This blood for oil mantra doesn't hold much weight. As has been stated if we wanted to be independent of forgien oil we simply need to drill our own, use the shale oil and liquidfy coal.
    You understand which Party is against those things? America would be stronger and well they just can't let that happen now could they? Especially since they won the election in such a large majority(cough cough).

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    About 15% of the oil we import comes from the entire middle east. This blood for oil mantra doesn't hold much weight. As has been stated if we wanted to be independent of forgien oil we simply need to drill our own, use the shale oil and liquidfy coal.
    You understand which Party is against those things? America would be stronger and well they just can't let that happen now could they? Especially since they won the election in such a large majority(cough cough).

A very rep worthy post!:rockwoot:

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    What??? Our borders are wide open...where are the attacks? Just because we are over there killing some of them, isn't keeping them all there. They have plenty of opportunity to infiltrate our country and attack us...

Michael Yon mentioned that even in Afghanistan many if not most of the Taliban fighters were foreigners. The fight is drawing a majority there, and not here. But, as the news report today mentioned the raid in Queens, the group arrested last month for training and planning on going overseas to make attacks, and the reports of the Islamic training camps here in the US that are known about and monitored as best they can legally, they're here. Remember we have to be right all the time to catch the threats. They just need us to miss once.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You realize, the United States gets very little oil from the Mid-East, right? We get more oil from Canada than from all the countries of the Mid-East. Less than 5% product comes from Saudi Arabia. 2% from Iraq (now).

http://www.api.org/aboutoilgas/gasoline/upload/US_Imports.pdf

Read Michael Yon. Read Michael Totten. Read someone other than Alex Jones.

The Founding Fathers had more important things to worry about than nation-building elsewhere. They had their own nation to build. Care to point out a reliable text that gives quotes of the Founding Fathers warning against nation building? I don't remember any.

Do you understand the use of the term "cannon fodder" and just what it means?

You guys do know that all the oil from Iraq went to the Bush and Cheney family businesses, right? The whole, Saddam/Bush Sr. oil deal? The reason we went after Iraq the first and second time around? You don't really think we cared about their WMD's do you?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    You guys do know that all the oil from Iraq went to the Bush and Cheney family businesses, right? The whole, Saddam/Bush Sr. oil deal? The reason we went after Iraq the first and second time around? You don't really think we cared about their WMD's do you?

I hope you are being sarcastic SE.
    The second time around was nothing more than a continuation of hostilities. You see after the first one Saddam signed a ceasefire agreement. He then went about violating it time and again. Any actual violation was reason enough to resume hostilities.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO

Oh, Good grief. How many beers are you down now? :rolleyes:

And what Saddam/Bush Sr. oil deal?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

You sound like Keith Olbermann.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, Good grief. How many beers are you down now? :rolleyes:

And what Saddam/Bush Sr. oil deal?

Follow the money. Bush had a deal with saddam for oil. You don't really think they pumped all their oil in TX do you? I have all the links and proof on my HDD but there's one small problem. The motor failed and I can't extract the info on my own. I'd track it all back down, but I'm sure what remains of the proof would come from sites you would consider too "Tinfoilish" to be true.

I do have the AP articles and other reputable sources, but like I said, I can't get to them. Unless you pay for the HDD data extraction that is.

Maybe not so much the second Iraq war, but certainly the first.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Meh, it's ok. I didn't figure anyone would believe me anyway. They never do. Especially when it's about Bush sr or jr.

Top Bottom