• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I just popped back in to clarify the "EMTs/Cops wait until it's safe" fallacy. You can all go back to your angry outbursts now.

It's been the standard practice police / EMT's have operated under in cities nationwide for decades. I'm not hearing any protests or complaints......Except for here of course. That should tell you something right there. Enjoy....

[video=youtube;T4BlDZjnLXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BlDZjnLXs[/video]

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    first i wish the best for the the sick doctors but wouldn't they have a better chance of surviving if sent to Cuba? i watched a michael moore movie that said cuba has a much better socialized system than the american capitalists.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Yes it is. Police will not let EMT's roll into an unsecure area where they could possibly be in danger.

What if the ambulance is the first on scene? Wishard EMS frequently beats police (or at least used to) to a scene. When I did a ride along we got there before police and grabbed a dude and headed to Methodist. We weren't there sixty seconds. 30 people standing around, two guys had started shooting at them dozens of times. Three bullets found targets.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    What if the ambulance is the first on scene?

What about it? Nothing changes. EMT's are instructed, (usually on the radio by the dispatcher), if there is violence involved, to stay back a specified distance until police arrive and secure the area. This "rule" is as old as dirt, and has been in place for decades. In many cities it's much the same for the fire dept. during riots. I can't believe you guys actually think these guys can arrive on a crime scene, and go roam wherever, whenever. They are treated as citizens because police are just as responsible for their safety as they are yours. What do you think happens during a shooting or violent criminal act, if you pass a police barricade, "to get a better look"? EMT's are treated no different.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Look at the now infamous North Hollywood Bank Of America shootout. They had shot people all over the place. Cops as well as citizens. 2 cops almost bled to death before they could get them medical assistance. It's a miracle no one died. Did you see paramedics anywhere while all of this was going on? The whole thing lasted over 45 minutes, and there wasn't a EMT in sight, because the police had the entire area sealed off. It was simply too dangerous for them to enter.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It's a dangerous disease and the medical talking heads need to be a little less smug about all their precautions. A few weeks ago they were back pedaling about the smallpox virus somebody stumbled over in the basement and the mistakes made by moving things around from the hot labs. Focus on the job and not looking sharp on TV.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    You are using an incident that is almost two decades old to bolster your argument about Emergency Response Policies and Procedures to an active shooter incident in 2014?

What circumstances would change if the exact same incident happened the same way today? NOTHING. The exact same thing would happen. They would not be allowed in until the area was secure...period. If you think ANY police force would send EMT's into a shooting gallery like that, you've got a lot to learn. Not to mention you need a good dose of common sense. I'm done with listening to you talk out your ass. You don't even make sense because you possess none.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    billt - what background or experience or credentials do you have to counter wild deuce's ? I'm not challenging your "authoritah" , I just don't know your background - and as such have no basis to determine how much weight to give your comments.

likewise - wild deuce - are you an active EMT/First responder/whatever?

Lastly - while I understand why these things are PARTIALLY relevant. There is a difference between a humanitarian crisis and a live shooter scenario. There are similarities , but they are not completely the same.

Bottom line - bill - you seem to be of the opinion that we are nuts for even THINKING of going over to the Ebola zone to help out. Much less bring anyone back that goes over and gets infected. Is that accurate? I can see that as a valid point of view.

I personally may disagree with it, but hey, it's valid.

Top Bottom