• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I find it hilarious that you think something that is obvious on its face, and a provable fact through simple logic, is trolling.

To use your words, "so much prejudice it's bordering on funny."

You certainly should never have opened a thread with "Union" in the title if your skin is so thin that I offend you through civil discussion.

Someone needs to go through the reeducation camp again, I see...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Probably so.............but I feel good about only paying $30-$35 per credit hour when I went, and I went to real universities, away from home, and met my professors in person..............as opposed to these ever popular .com degree schools. :D

I got that going for me. ;)

Go ahead and be proud of your degree. If you are typical of the college grads I've met, you know your Major subject pretty well, but you aren't particularly well-educated in anything else. I've worked for very intelligent and ambitious folks with Masters' Degrees who can't spell or put a coherent sentence together - and this in an atmosphere that places a very high value on "education". I went to one year of college 40 years ago and have had a couple college courses since, incidental to my work over the years, yet, my high school education was more broad-based and useful than my son's college educaton; and my step-mother, who attended the same grade- and high schools as I (20 years apart) got a better high school education than I did. In general, education standards have been on a downward trend since the 50's, as near as I can tell.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My aunt just passed away and my non union employer doesn't give bereavement for aunts and uncles. I think that's understandable because how many employees could possibly have 10-20 aunts and uncles? Think of your mom or dad having 10 brothers and sisters.

My wife works in the cafeteria at the local school (she's non union though) and gets 2 paid days off for my aunt.

The difference here isn't so much of the union is as it's the difference of my employer is geared towards making a profit. In the school's case, there's zero profit motive. I'm sure the NEA can absorb some of the blame though.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm way past that. I'm already tapped to be one of the first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

You may not have to worry about that. Instead, you may want to keep in mind of something that's happened in America before: 70 years ago today FDR, the progressives most admired president, began the Japanese round up. It's happened before (in WWI also), it may well happen again...God forbid.

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/san-leandro-ca/TVOPPBVE0ITJ699CP

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You may not have to worry about that. Instead, you may want to keep in mind of something that's happened in America before: 70 years ago today FDR, the progressives most admired president, began the Japanese round up. It's happened before (in WWI also), it may well happen again...God forbid.

Except that for the time being, the ones they would round up are still a pretty big group. That may change in another generation or so, but for now well armed, right thinking, Christian Americans are just too many for them to round up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Except that for the time being, the ones they would round up are still a pretty big group. That may change in another generation or so, but for now well armed, right thinking, Christian Americans are just too many for them to round up.

Right...Im not saying it's an imminent threat or anything tin-foil-hat like, just heard about the anniversary on the radio today.

Never underestimate a progressive, though.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Right...Im not saying it's an imminent threat or anything tin-foil-hat like, just heard about the anniversary on the radio today.

Never underestimate a progressive, though.

Oh I agree.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." -Ben Franklin

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh I agree.

"We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately." -Ben Franklin

I like this one too:

First they came for the communists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
    and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Martin Niemöller

Top Bottom