Unfair voting restrictions in Indiana. Wait! What?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I see a lot of comments taken out of context to make a point, such as;
    "Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.”

“I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine.” - you mean he wanted the ability to vote to be applied fairly, and with no one demographic being given an advantage over another? For shame

But lets not forget the important distinction on when it is racist to ask for ID;
    9750_890960324297431_4851738919983164431_n_zps5ek8phh6.jpg

We are discussing voting. Your strawman is irrelevant.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    How many?

Golly hero, I don't know. I reckon that's why it's so popular and activity. I don't know anyone who has the time to peel through every "voter" who showed up to see if they're actually still living. I suppose that's what makes it so popular and why the screams from the democrats are so loud to end it.

I suppose the country could sit around and wait for six months after every election for someone to comb through the records and weed out the fraudulent votes. Something tells me we aren't that patient however.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Golly hero, I don't know. I reckon that's why it's so popular and activity. I don't know anyone who has the time to peel through every "voter" who showed up to see if they're actually still living. I suppose that's what makes it so popular and why the screams from the democrats are so loud to end it.

You don't know the number but you know the number is so high that it is popular?

Please explain this position. Your current reason is that your political adversary opposes it. That ceartainly isn't the reason to which you speak.

Oh, poll wokers "peel" through who can and can't vote. So do parties. So do lawyers.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Its quite relevant. Why isnt anything in the left hand column racist or even challenged as unfair? Why doesnt anyone get their panties in a bunch for anything on the left hand side needing ID? And If you cant afford one, One will be given to you free of charge:

"If you do not possess an ID that is acceptable for voting purposes, Public Law 109-2005 requires the BMV to issue an Indiana State ID Card for free." (Secretary of State : Election Division: Obtaining a Photo ID)

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You don't know the number but you know the number is so high that it is popular?

Please explain this position.

I've seen the evidence. Provide some that it isn't happening.

Better yet, provide some evidence on how voter ID is racist. Prove your position, maybe you'll change mine. Otherwise I'll stick with what I know about democrats and their willingness to do whatever it takes to get what they want.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Its quite relevant. Why isnt anything in the left hand column racist or even challenged as unfair? Why doesnt anyone get their panties in a bunch for anything on the left hand side needing ID? And If you cant afford one, One will be given to you free of charge:

"If you do not possess an ID that is acceptable for voting purposes, Public Law 109-2005 requires the BMV to issue an Indiana State ID Card for free." (Secretary of State : Election Division: Obtaining a Photo ID)

Cause racism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And what have you signed? There were no details that I could see. I expect better of you than to sign a blank petition.

Kut should read what he signs. (Actually everybody should)

...you'd be wrong if you assumed I didn't look further into the issue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You guys are pulling a Sharpton, and leaning on the "racism" crutch, despite it not being mentioned by any of the proponents.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

I don't understand how that is a strawman.

The poor receive all kinds of "benefits" that they had ti have ID to sign up for, why can't they find their ID on election day?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You guys are pulling a Sharpton, and leaning on the "racism" crutch, despite it not being mentioned by any of the proponents.

"It is past time for us to recommit to free and fair elections by repealing these restrictive laws that disproportionately target poor, elderly, and minority voters."

It's BS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I see a lot of comments taken out of context to make a point, such as;
    "Is it possible church buses will be used to transport people directly to the mall since the poll will open when the mall opens? If this happens, so much for the accepted principle of separation of church and state.”

“I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban — read African-American — voter-turnout machine.” - you mean he wanted the ability to vote to be applied fairly, and with no one demographic being given an advantage over another? For shame

But lets not forget the important distinction on when it is racist to ask for ID;
    9750_890960324297431_4851738919983164431_n_zps5ek8phh6.jpg

You essentially posted a list of things that shouldn't exist, shouldn't be regulated, or should be in the realm of private interests. Ergo, you're not helping yourself.... .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "It is past time for us to recommit to free and fair elections by repealing these restrictive laws that disproportionately target poor, elderly, and minority voters."

It's BS.

That doesn't imply racism. It implies limited access to people who are members of those groups.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You essentially posted a list of things that shouldn't exist, shouldn't be regulated, or should be in the realm of private interests. Ergo, you're not helping yourself.... .

Actually it is simply showing the current state of affairs. Quit with your strawman arguments.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It doesn't limit access to anyone of any particular group. It applies to everyone across the board regardless of race, color, religion or ethnicity.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This landed in my Inbox today.

Thanks to some of the most restrictive voting laws in the country, Indiana had one of the lowest voter-participation rates in the nation in 2014. These restrictive voting laws disproportionately target poor, elderly, and minority voters, and stand in the way of completely free and fair elections in Indiana.

1. Baron Hill is one of the dumber members of Congress, and he has plenty of competition.

2. Baron, who is running for United States Senator, thinks that Congress passes laws for Indiana. He's just that stupid.

3. Indiana's voter ID statute is not subject to the VRA as it is not subject to §5 review.

4. Indiana's statute was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States finding that is was necessary to combat voter fraud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_v._Marion_County_Election_Board

5. If people do not vote, then that is on them. I don't mind people not voting as it increases the power of my vote.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

But it is a list of stuff that more people do than vote and why is there no petition to end the discrimination there.

Top Bottom