• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    You should listen to the smart fellow who told you to use Sevin. It's safe.

Using harsh and flammable chemicals may give some physiological satisfaction, but maybe you should go look in the mirror and count to ten?
    Fool around and let Darwin get the better of you with a bic lighter in your hand?

Last edited:

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    You should listen to the smart fellow who told you to use Sevin. It's safe.

Using harsh and flammable chemicals may give some physiological satisfaction, but maybe you should go look in the mirror and count to ten?
    Fool around and let Darwin get the better of you with a bic lighter in your hand?
    In my hand? You're underestimating me.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Not sure if this was mentioned earlier as I haven't read the whole thread, but get a large wet/dry shop-vac, plug in and turn it on, and set the hose right next to the hole so that they get sucked up whenever they fly in/out. Might take a day or so to suck them all in. They get beat up on the way through the hose and vacuum, so they're easy to dispose of afterwards.

This is especially useful if they're in your house somewhere, and gas/fumes/chemicals aren't an option...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    TB did round 2 with the gas solve it?? Last time I dealt with them I threw Sevin on the hole and then later poured gas down and set it on fire... You know just to be sure! I had to be working around it the next day and didn't want to wonder.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Had a small cone built up in my eve near the roof. Found my almost flat wasp spray, checked for windage, elevation, adjusted aim. Let her rip for a 15 ft spray. They were falling out of the cone. A few survivors came toward me, I kicked in my Jesse Owens 50 yd dash, did a little girl scream to open the door, got away unscathed. They did a orbit or two around the door... No way was I going out there. Later I refired carb cleaner, but saw no more activity. I covered my nose and eyes. Took the ice chipper and destroyed the cone. Haven't seen anymore for the last couple weeks. Restocked wasp spray, was the easiest to work with. Yellow Jackets for sure.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    TB did round 2 with the gas solve it?? Last time I dealt with them I threw Sevin on the hole and then later poured gas down and set it on fire... You know just to be sure! I had to be working around it the next day and didn't want to wonder.
    Yes. It appears I am bee free.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I have sprayed brake cleaner in the hive opening for the past two nights = 0 yellow jackets. Going to fix the hole in the motar tomorrow. Stupid flippin scourge of the sky...next to starlings and Madonna nothing is worse.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    I have sprayed brake cleaner in the hive opening for the past two nights = 0 yellow jackets. Going to fix the hole in the motar tomorrow. Stupid flippin scourge of the sky...next to starlings and Madonna nothing is worse.

No! don't fix the hole..... How are you going to fight bees next year if you do that? It's cheaper than paint-ball and more satisfying when (if) you win! Wholesome family entertainment from nature itself! No, you plainly are not in communion with mother earth.

embmtxatl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2015
    Hendricks County
    We recently had a tree removed and in the process, uncovered a large underground bee hive. The tree guy put some additional dirt on it, hoping it would take care of the bees. Well, it didnt. Those little bastards just made themselves a hole in the dirt to go in/out. I saw a few things online, such as a slow drip of gasoline or emptying a can of bee/wasp spray down the hole. Any :ingo:ers have some advice?

We had this same issue and I went out in the evening after the sun set and just poured Sevin down the hole. Came out the next morning and they had all died.

Top Bottom