• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Brakleen will drop any flying bug on sight. We had ground hornets years ago and no wasp killer spray would even slow them down. I remembered an old trick a coworker had taught me and went and found the Brakleen in the garage. They look like little fighter jets crashing. They die instantly and glide to the ground .

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Here's this: Brakleen is doing the SAME THING to you...just slower.

Good stuff, but letting it wash all over ungloved hands and aerosolize into your lungs is--despite many having done so--a really bad idea.

-Nate

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    If you hit a mouse in the face with brakeen, it will be dead within 2 minutes. The warnings of using in a well ventilated area are there for a reason.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Bingo!

Your myelin sheath is not to be trifled with unless you just feel like you need to meet that cute local neurologist.

-Nate

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Don't get any ideas of lighting that brake cleaner.Some still can create Phosgene gas.......[h=3]Chemical warfare[edit][/h]Further information: Use of poison gas in World War I and Second Italo-Abyssinian War
    Following the extensive use of phosgene gas in combat during World War I, it was stockpiled by various countries as part of their secret chemical weapons programs.[SUP][14][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP][SUP][16][/SUP]
    In May 1928, eleven tons of phosgene escaped from a war surplus store in central Hamburg.[SUP][17][/SUP] 300 people were poisoned of whom 10 died.[SUP][17][/SUP]

US Army phosgene identification poster from World War II

Phosgene was then only frequently used by theImperial Japanese Army against the Chinese during theSecond Sino-Japanese War.[SUP][18][/SUP] Gas weapons, such as phosgene, were produced by Unit 731 and authorized by specific orders given by Hirohito (Emperor Showa) himself, transmitted by the chief of staff of the army. For example, the Emperor authorized the use of toxic gas on 375 separate occasions during the Battle of Wuhan from August to October 1938.
    955366.jpg
    [SUP][19][/SUP]

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Well I'll be darned. Didn't know that...not that I burn brake cleaner, but that's still news to me.

-Nate

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you can't really light the brake cleaner. It's not that flamable. The kicker is when people use it to degrease a part and then heat or weld on that part. That's where you run into trouble.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I have to use alot at my job,clean,weld...the older stuff had Tetrachloroethelene and it is bad news. The new stuff is almost straight Acetone,and it does burn...POW.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    you can't really light the brake cleaner. It's not that flamable. The kicker is when people use it to degrease a part and then heat or weld on that part. That's where you run into trouble.

I have to use alot at my job,clean,weld...the older stuff had Tetrachloroethelene and it is bad news. The new stuff is almost straight Acetone,and it does burn...POW.

Yep. Chlorinated vs non-chlorinated. I just learned the difference myself a couple weeks ago.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    yeah, I still use the chlorinated at home because it works so much better than non-chlorinated. It doesn't burn ;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    They are some freak of nature from Asia. They kill kids.

Makes me glad I live in the relative safety of Indiana. Few crazy things like bears, scorpions, venomous snakes and the like to kill you.

ETA: Lucky for us this is as big as we get here... And dont kill them if you see them. They are scary looking, but relatively docile and harmless to humans. I sat outside one's nest in front of our house watching him try to drag a cicada into his nest. Fascinating.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2013/07/the-cicada-killers-are-coming/277688/

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I learn so much important stuff here! The idea of flaming, brake cleaner breathing , toxic bees is now going to replace Sharknado... but this morning I found a yellow jacket nest on my house.. (limestone) I emptied a can of wasp and hornet killer in it and they must be physic because within 10 seconds there was about 50 coming to the hive entrance.. that was when I left.. going to do battle tonight.. so in my pump sprayer I will mix: carb cleaner, brake cleaner, some burnt refrigerant, 7 dust , gas and kerosene and apply it at midnight.. is there anything else I should put in ??? ( I really do have yellow jackets )

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    I learn so much important stuff here! The idea of flaming, brake cleaner breathing , toxic bees is now going to replace Sharknado... but this morning I found a yellow jacket nest on my house.. (limestone) I emptied a can of wasp and hornet killer in it and they must be physic because within 10 seconds there was about 50 coming to the hive entrance.. that was when I left.. going to do battle tonight.. so in my pump sprayer I will mix: carb cleaner, brake cleaner, some burnt refrigerant, 7 dust , gas and kerosene and apply it at midnight.. is there anything else I should put in ??? ( I really do have yellow jackets )
    You'll need some sort if ignition on the end of your sprayer. (I'm assuming you just forgot to mention you are making a flamethrower. )

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The best Killer i have ever used was Calcium Carbide.It was a can of the gravel crystals used in the old miners hats.If anybody knows where I could pick up a can,let me know.You would take a handful of the gravel crystals,put them in a soda can,tape a homemade paper funnel to it,add water and the gas would start to pour out. Shove it in to a hole,and the Jackets would drop out DEAD.They would last mabye 2-3 seconds. It worked great on moles,muskrats, chipmunks.... Caution,HIGHLY FLAMMABLE. It is the same gas as Acetylene....which is too hard to carry around.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Thanks 17.For 16.00,I am going to take care of some nuisance critters. If I can figure out how to pipe it into the Martin houses to get them pesky pack rat sparrows,I'll take care of em next spring.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Word has it we'll be fighting off these soon:

View attachment 40784

Seems like I saw a smaller version of that today. Looked like a honey bee but rather than yellow, it was gray..and very aggressive. Regular bee size though. Was just one but I couldn't stomp him because it was so fast. It stood between me and the front door for 5 minutes. I practice fist fighting flies on the regular but I couldn't even land a jab on this guy.

Top Bottom