• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I don't blame you, the guy was only sorry when you popped up.
    I wouldn't make a habit out of it though, if the fuzz saw you do that you would have some splainin to do.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If I'm close to a car in a parking lot, I make my daughter wait while I open the door for her and block it so it won't hit the other vehicle.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    The wife and I went to get some dinner tonight, she drove us in my truck. She said she wanted to run in a store in a little strip mall for a couple minutes, I said cool...i'll just sit in the truck and wait. I relined the seat back a bit and was just relaxing when a car pulled in next to my truck on my side. It was some young kid, music pounding, in a small Honda that he has all suped up. Im looking at this young punk kid through the ext-cab window and he opens his door and nails my truck. He didnt even flinch, he just assumed the truck was empty. I raised up and he saw me. Oh how the apologies poured in. He said there was no scratch or dent. I was mad but said no problem. He went in the store. I got out and looked myself. Yep, theres a scratch. I opened his door and it lined up perfect. I got back in my truck and was fuming. I kept thinking about his face when he thought nobody was around. My wife gets back and gets in the truck. She starts it and is about to put it in reverse and I tell her to hold on a second. I unlatch my door and slam it open about 5 times into his door. I shut my door and smile at my wife and tell her that we can go now. I very rarely lose my temper but this guy hit a nerve. I told my wife what happened and she gave me a speach on how it should have been handled but I think I did the right thing.

:rockwoot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You handled it better than my uncle did. :): He waited for the punk to put his face close to see the scratch and WHAM! Opened the door right on his "O" face! :D

Always treat other's vehicles as you would wish them to treat yours.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I am probably going to get neg rep here form some of you but.....Are you serious?

Ok some punk kid put a scratch in your truck...its a truck. Maybe it was an accident or maybe it was on purpose but it really shows your true character knowing what you did.

Anyone can stoop down, it takes someone with character to take the high road.:twocents:

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    you just got repped for that one. I wouldn't have done it with my own door but i would have done it.:laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Nice dude. The loud music drives me nuts. I thought it went of style in 2001-2002. Soooo annoying.

Try this: Next time you are at a stoplight where someone is jamming with their windows down, just lean on your horn for 20-30 seconds. That is an amazingly long time to blare your horn. It works, they will turn their radio down- I am 2 for 2.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I am probably going to get neg rep here form some of you but.....Are you serious?

Ok some punk kid put a scratch in your truck...its a truck. Maybe it was an accident or maybe it was on purpose but it really shows your true character knowing what you did.

Anyone can stoop down, it takes someone with character to take the high road.:twocents:

My only regret is that I didn't have a bat. Whats the high road in this situation...just let it be so he can ding people his whole life?

This guy had an expensive paint job. Im sure when he pays the bill his lesson will be learned.

What would you have done?

By the way, NEG REP...never. I respect your opinion even if its wrong.:yesway:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    What get's me mad is the people that see they do that and don't even care not to mention when they see you in the car......

It happend to me again a few week's back and it was some mom and her kid's in a newer BMW 745Li.......... her kid did it and she was like all well.

If kid does it or something and there parent get's on them then I don't mind, both the car's are beater's.....

He was mad and I think did what he did because the kid said his truck was fine/no damage when it was not.... :facepalm:

Would I have done that, no but I think he did it because the kid lied or did not see the obvious.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    You handled it better than my uncle did. :): He waited for the punk to put his face close to see the scratch and WHAM! Opened the door right on his "O" face! :D

Always treat other's vehicles as you would wish them to treat yours.

Dang, somebody dinged his door on accident, looked down to see if he hurt it and before your uncle let him react, he hit him in the face with his door? I'd say that is a bit harsh, considering if he was looking to see if he hurt the truck, there's a chance he was going to make the situation right.

If that would have been me, your uncle would have received the *** beating of his life.:twocents:

He was mad and I think did what he did because the kid said his truck was fine/no damage when it was not.... :facepalm:

Would I have done that, no but I think he did it because the kid lied or did not see the obvious.

I would have agreed with colt45er if the kid hadn't have lied about there being no damage...But he did.

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    its all a respect thing, or how you were raised?

i totally agree with what fordman08 did. so tired of people not having any respect for others property. he got off light as fr as im concerned. i probably would have caved in a panel with my foot. most of the people with no respect like this are leasing, payments, so why worry about it until its theirs? this kid obviously didnt pay for his car, mommy and daddy got it for him. nothing wrong with leasing or buying i guess? im just not a fan of being taxed anmore than i already am by uncle sam, let alone some crazy juice rate on car.
    when i got my first car, i worked very hard for the money to buy it, i sure as hell didnt tear it up! or anyones elses for that matter. i was raised around custom cars/bikes. i learned to respect them early or got whoopin. i have always looked at cars and bikes as my investments, maybe for resale later? why tear up your invetment? its the same people that have trashy houses ect. if i accidentally door-dinged someones car, even if it was a clunker, i would leave note and my number.

so someone dings your car that you take care of, do regular maintenance and some jagoff dings it scratches it ect. now you will be out of pocket since deductable is $500-$1000 and the repair is gonna be $400 for 1 panel to be repaired. car is gone for couple days to a week, just a lose/lose scenario. i think fordman08 let the dude off easily.

oh, i like my music really loud too. could be anything from johnny cash to old notorious to sublime. honking your horn for 30 seconds would be funny. you thought the music was loud, get some trainhorns back at you....lol or if your window is down, some diesel smoke thrown toward you...lol

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    So what's the INGO policy in respect to crime confessions by members in threads?

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    What's disappointing is that so many members agree with your act of vandalism. The kid, punk or not, accidentally hit your truck. He assumed no one was there so to whom did you want him to apologize? You, in return, intentionally damaged his property and brag about it.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Back when I lived in Indy this happened in a Osco parking lot.

BMW parking in two spaces right by the front door. Guy runs in to get stuff. I'm leaving so I place the little Osco shopping cart right by his door, but fix the wheels so it won't roll into his car.

He comes out and says what the "heck" you doing. I answer, just leaving my cart in the open space you have left.....

He says " I'm going to kill you and your family" and he gestures his finger like a gun. He takes off, runs a light and heads home. I got his plate, it was something like "little richard" and call it into the Cops.

Cops call back about an hour later. They sent several cars to the guys home to talk to him, he had only been home about 2 minutes when the law showed up. They informed him, the guy he threatened had a permit and almost pulled and shot him. I told dispatch I was about 1/4 a second from drawing. He admited what he did, and I never heard anything else about it.

Bet he doesn't take up two spaces again......

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A lot of people don't have much respect for other's property. Hence him hitting your door and not flinching until he saw you. But there are good people out there from time to time.

I was talking to dad the other night and he mentioned his truck got hit at Wal-Mart. He got the dreaded page on the radio, would the owner of a_____ liscense plate # _________ please come to the customer service desk.

A guy literally smoked the corner of his truck, dented the talgate and popped out the tail light. Definitely something you'd notice if you were the one that backed into it.

The guy pulled off after a brief pause (I.e. he knew he hit dad's truck, then left anyway), but a few high school kids sidding in their car near by saw it, and got the guys plate # and then called the cops and notified the store .

It stinks the guy drove off, but it was very mature of the high school students to act in the way that they did. They didn't know my dad from anyone else, but still took the time to get involved.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What's disappointing is that so many members agree with your act of vandalism. The kid, punk or not, accidentally hit your truck. He assumed no one was there so to whom did you want him to apologize? You, in return, intentionally damaged his property and brag about it.

Was it accidental or Negligent?

Top Bottom