• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm with you on this one!
    a couple of months ago I was sitting in my car in a parking lot trying to open something for my daughter,when all of the sudden the car moves and I hear this "BANG" I looked an and a shopping cart was rite up against my passenger side front fender...I scanned the lot and see this lady flinging shopping carts away from where shad parked her brand new looking truck..any cart that was near her she would run up to it and push it with no regard to what it was going to hit.
    I stepped out of my car and said "HEY!! WTF! LADY!!!" she had the gonads to tell me I shouldnt of been parked there:dunno: and she quickly walked into the store...I gathered up a couple of carts and put them in the back of her truck upside down. she was a little lady too so Im sure she couldnt get those carts out by her self.:dunno::D

You've got to be kidding me.:rolleyes:

Without a doubt, I'd have sent every one of those carts back in the direction they came from, except they'd have been traveling faster...A LOT faster.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I gotta agree with Colt and Abnk, VERY low road and didn't fix the situation. You just enranged a young guy, who will either let it fester as a mental illness or ill harbor towards someone else. I am a firm believer in karma, this will come back to you man, sorry to say. If not that way, in a way that the kid will come up with. I look at everything as a delicate balance of action. I could flip off everyone in traffic, only to have a few consequences, such as a tail gater, anger, maybe someone shooting me in a road rage incident, or that person could bottle it up and take it out on someone else or their FAMILY. Most spousal abuse stems from either bad upbringing, alcohol or pent up rage when they have their nuts stomped in the world.

The plus side with the internet is that we can all agree with anger fueled actions. We enjoy listening to others play out our little boy fantasies of unlimited ammo, loose women, inordinate fear of us from other people, god on our side, etc... the list goes on and on. Further fueling that same idea of what we do is always and unrefutably right are things like this. That kid could now file a report on you bud. Who then is the "adult' in that situation? The kid who apologized (whether they meant it or not, could have been an accident, you really do not know due to lowered vantage point) or the enraged, destructive individual with a burden to bear against the world as he sees the world's respect "being destroyed all around him" and runs off to get the backpatting and support of similar individuals?

Honestly, "some people" is right. We have met the enemy, they are us. Guns do not cause crime, people do. Trucks and worldly respect diminishment do not cause damage or crime, WE do. Suck it up, grow some skin and realize that if you carry all that hate inside you against what you see as a horrible world, it will burn you alive and you will see it's effects in your children and family.

My two cents, adjusted for inflation. I used to be an angry individual and still try to cope with that here and there, but I COPE, I do not play out revenge fantasies in my day to day actions...

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Ever seen Michael DOuglas in "Falling Down". Thar was carrying it too far.

Hooray for the OP. Much Bacon to ya!!!

Relic - Dude, that is awesome.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    I'm not sure getting the police involved for insurance reasons would have helped anything. My wife was rear ended in a parking lot a few years back (knocked out her tail light). The police showed up, made a report, and told her since it happened on private property it would be a no fault accident. She later contacted the insurance company and they told her the same thing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    My only regret is that I didn't have a bat. Whats the high road in this situation...just let it be so he can ding people his whole life?

I gotta agree with Colt45er and Abnk,...the high road in this situation is to calmly ask for the clown's insurance information and file a claim against his insurance company, not dishing out tit-for-tat revenge for perceived slights. As soon as you vandalized his property, regardless of the reason, you became as equally guilty of bad/criminal behavior as the other guy.

As gun owners, we should be painfully aware that *ANY* dispute/confrontation has the potential to turn violent, and thus we should do NOTHING that makes us look like the bad guy. Think of the possible consequences of your actions. Had someone watching from afar only seen you getting your "payback", and the kid driver witnessed you doing this as well and decided to violently confronted you about the damage you caused to his "expensive paint job", the witness, not having seen the initial ding the kid put in your car, would report to the police that you were the one that started the confrontation by damaging his paint job. Is the risk of possible violence/lethal force/jail time really worth a little bit of payback for a tiny ding in your car's paint??!? :dunno: :dunno:

If maintaining such a pristine paint job is so important, the smartest move is to never drive the vehicle, because any use on a public road/parking lot IS going to result in some sort of damage to the car's finish from small rocks, sand, etc. that is constantly being thrown about by other cars...

Call me what you will :popcorn: , but I'll take being out a few hundred bucks for a new paint job, versus having to pay tens of thousands of dollars for legal bills, and/or the loss of my freedom due to escalating a confrontation that could have easily been avoided... Asking for the kid's insurance info may not be the uber-manly :mallninja:tacti-cool hurt-ego-gratifying thing to do, but the prisons are filled with macho men who let their ego write checks that their :moon: is currently serving time for...

IMHO, as gun owners/carriers, we owe it to everyone, even the selfish idiots in this world, to hold ourselves to a higher standard of mature, ego-less conduct, even when wronged.

:ingo:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    There are a bunch of people on this web site that wouldnt stand up for themselves if they had too.:rolleyes:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have chuckled all the way through this thread. Not sure what I would have done at the time...it just depends on the mood I am in at the time. BUT, I am all for the OP due to the circumstances he mentioned.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned how small parking spaces are (or how large cars are). Many places I visit, I can barely get my F150 into a space without doing a 21-point turnaround. Seems lots are designed for sub-compacts anymore. If you drive a Civic or a Prius, you are in business.

To jack the thread a bit, my wife and I routinely call people out in public. Many times we get applause, or compliments for speaking up to the dumbass in question.

The last time, there was a lady in front of us paying for her grocery cart full of stuff with a food stamp debit card. When the cashier told her she couldn't purchase dog food, she became irate and demanded the sack boy go back to the meat department and get her 10 lbs of ground beef to feed her dog. He took off to go get it, and everyone around was aghast. My wife immediately starting in on her about how we have to WORK for our money, and our dogs don't eat ground beef, and maybe the contents of her cart were the reason she had to use the motorized cart to check out (this woman was at least 400 lbs). The people in line behind started clapping, and the cashier said she wished she could say stuff like that, but she would be fired. She said she sees that kind of stuff every day.

/jack

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I'm with you on this one!
    a couple of months ago I was sitting in my car in a parking lot trying to open something for my daughter,when all of the sudden the car moves and I hear this "BANG" I looked an and a shopping cart was rite up against my passenger side front fender...I scanned the lot and see this lady flinging shopping carts away from where shad parked her brand new looking truck..any cart that was near her she would run up to it and push it with no regard to what it was going to hit.
    I stepped out of my car and said "HEY!! WTF! LADY!!!" she had the gonads to tell me I shouldnt of been parked there:dunno: and she quickly walked into the store...I gathered up a couple of carts and put them in the back of her truck upside down. she was a little lady too so Im sure she couldnt get those carts out by her self.:dunno::D

Freaking amazing, I can hardly believe someone is that nuts, good job with the carts in the bed.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    What the guy did was an accident & rude to say the least! but what you did was a crime!! MDOP. That is the only difference.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    But, according to the the monkey guy, you're not standing up for yourself if you don't retaliate.:rolleyes:

Yea but according to other people you should turn the other cheek and pay for the damage out of your pocket for the negligent door ding.

Top Bottom