• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Classifying that as abuse I think is a little hyperbolic. But I think it’s fair for the union to negotiate for them. I also think the contract GM offered is fair. But if the union is going to hold everyone hostage on parts over the temp workers, I have a hard time sympathizing with he union on that.
    It goes a little further than that. Temps can be forced to work 12-14 hours a day. They can be forced seven days a week for weeks on end and then sent home for weeks on end. Rinse and repeat. No profit sharing, no bonuses, moved from shift to shift without notice. None of this can be done to seniority employees. I'm willing to label it something else. Got any suggestions?

United Auto Workers, it's in the name. How can we claim to be united if we are okay with people getting paid less and treated differently while doing the same job?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm reminded of the boy who cried wolf. Maybe they have reached their limit, but it's not the first time they've hinted that they can't do any better.
    What if the companies just don’t care anymore? After all they are no more than government pawns after the last downturn taking orders from government rather than building what consumers want…

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    What if the companies just don’t care anymore? After all they are no more than government pawns after the last downturn taking orders from government rather than building what consumers want…
    Wow. If consumers don't want what they're building, can you explain why all three companies have made record profits in the last ten years?

drugs-are-bad-mkay.gif

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It goes a little further than that. Temps can be forced to work 12-14 hours a day. They can be forced seven days a week for weeks on end and then sent home for weeks on end. Rinse and repeat. No profit sharing, no bonuses, moved from shift to shift without notice. None of this can be done to seniority employees. I'm willing to label it something else. Got any suggestions?

United Auto Workers, it's in the name. How can we claim to be united if we are okay with people getting paid less and treated differently while doing the same job?
    Do they pay dues? They took a temp job. Now if the company made false claims leading them on to believe that they’d eventually be hired on as FT union workers, then that’s pretty ****ty.

Speaking about “united”. I kinda wrote that off when the union voted to **** their future brothers. They took a big hike in pay and benefits and voted to **** new hires. They were like, meh. **** them. I got my raise.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Do they pay dues? They took a temp job. Now if the company made false claims leading them on to believe that they’d eventually be hired on as FT union workers, then that’s pretty ****ty.

Speaking about “united”. I kinda wrote that off when the union voted to **** their future brothers. They took a big hike in pay and benefits and voted to **** new hires. They were like, meh. **** them. I got my raise.
    The only way to full time is starting as a temp. Again, six years as a temp working full-time is pretty ******.

I'm curious about this big hike in pay and benefits. When did we get it?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. If consumers don't want what they're building, can you explain why all three companies have made record profits in the last ten years?

View attachment 304953
    Because they’re making their money selling more upscale stuff. See Harley Davidson discussion. This is why Stellantis is trying to make Wranglers more luxurious. They took a working class purpose built SUV and putting hi end infotainment in it. It’s to make what they sell more profitable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The only way to full time is starting as a temp. Again, six years as a temp working full-time is pretty ******.

I'm curious about this big hike in pay and benefits. When did we get it?
    I’m talking about were I used to work. It wasn’t UAW.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Because they’re making their money selling more upscale stuff. See Harley Davidson discussion. This is why Stellantis is trying to make Wranglers more luxurious. They took a working class purpose built SUV and putting hi end infotainment in it. It’s to make what they sell more profitable.
    Obviously, people want them since they're selling a lot of them.

Top Bottom