• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Wow. If consumers don't want what they're building, can you explain why all three companies have made record profits in the last ten years?
    The current situation is an example of this disconnect. The big three have committed to 100% EV. Few consumers want them. They have sucked up to the government teat most my life. Agreeing to ever increasing CAFE standards and pushing the cost to consumers.

As for profits they are putting the chips they have in upscale vehicles, with fewer options, to get the profits…

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The current situation is an example of this disconnect. The big three have committed to 100% EV. Few consumers want them. They have sucked up to the government teat most my life. Agreeing to ever increasing CAFE standards and pushing the cost to consumers.

As for profits they are putting the chips they have in upscale vehicles, with fewer options, to get the profits…
    They had, recent stories seem to indicate they are backing off that 100% thing. At least near term.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

The current situation is ICE vehicles and hybrids. Both are selling well. The future situation is EV and, judging by the pace, they're not really that excited to dive into the market.

As for profits, Ram has probably 10 different models with all kinds of options. Jeep wrangler has at least five. Yes, they are getting stupid expensive which is why I'm not in line to buy another any time soon. However, you still can't look at the number of units sold and claim that sales are dropping. I think this quarter is the first that we didn't set a new benchmark on units sold.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, they are getting stupid expensive which is why I'm not in line to buy another any time soon.
    I've definitely been priced out of the new truck market, and damn near priced out of the used truck market if I want something even 5-10 years old with less than 200K miles on them. Call me crazy, but I'd like to have my car payment be less than my mortgage payment.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Obviously, people want them since they're selling a lot of them.
    Jeeps are in more markets now where they were not before. Japan is a huge market for Jeep right now, the largest growing segment. The high end luxury models are new and selling well to people with too much money. Who need something the size of a mini van without being a minivan. You can't even get a low end Challenger or Wrangler now. The new low end is the mid end from 10 years ago.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Pretty close in prices...
    If they were 10 cents, and all I had in my pocket was a nickel, it would be the same situation. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's record sales, not just profits. Again, people obviously want them.
    Record sales? It’s certainly better than it was last year. There wasn’t much inventory because of the lockdowns. New vehicle inventory has improved a lot this year, and in the last several months sales have been near 20%, year over year higher. I think we can say that this year, car sales have recovered. Stabilized. Record units sold? Not even close.

Record average sales price? Oh yeah.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

"Our offer includes unprecedented improvements in wages," Kumar Galhotra, president of Ford Blue, said during a news conference Thursday afternoon. "This offer would put employees among the top 25% of all U.S. jobs, hourly and salaried. Provides great benefits. We provided product commitments for every UAW factory and provided job security commitments. It would change the lives of our employees for the better. All things considered, it's an incredibly positive offer."

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Let's see if the rest of the big three have the stones to draw the line in the sand. Honestly I'd turn it around and start decreasing offers every week, and start making plans on relocating things outside the US. It is time they did their financial duties for those that invested their hard earned money into their companies. They negotiated in good faith, now it is time to plan on a financially successful future without the UAW.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Let's see if the rest of the big three have the stones to draw the line in the sand. Honestly I'd turn it around and start decreasing offers every week, and start making plans on relocating things outside the US. It is time they did their financial duties for those that invested their hard earned money into their companies. They negotiated in good faith, now it is time to plan on a financially successful future without the UAW.
    Exactly this!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I wouldn't trust a company statement that says they've negotiated 100% in good faith.
    GM set up the scam that was Delphi.
    They also lied about a deadly fault with some of their cars.
    But sure, believe the gal if ya want, she's gotta be honest compared to a grizzled old guy w a cigar.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom