• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    the rough equivalent of posting on a gun owner site something like, "Gunmen robbing stores with assault banana clips." :twocents:
    :)

This analogy is not even close.

A better one would be "Gunmen robbing stores with gun".

"WHAT!? He used a Glock 19, not just a GUN! What IDIOT wrote this!?"

"A 'GUN'??? Obviously this guy doesn't know ANYTHING about journalism!"

Get over yourselves.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The real point here is that many of us don't think that members of any military branch should be officially allowed to police U.S. citizens. I don't particularly care if it's "legal", and I don't care when this agency was formed.

This investigation should have been conducted as if it was a theft from any other person in the nation. A search warrant should have been issued, local law enforcement should have confiscated the items, and the air force should have then been allowed to identity the items.

None of you have provided a single good reason why this essential boundary between military and local law should have been breached unnecessarily.

The point here is that the AFOSI Agents were doing nothing illegal. They were doing the Job that they are REQUIRED to do by Federal Mandate, and Military Regulations.

I have asked Lashicon to point out what exactly illegal that the AFOSI has done, perhaps you would like to field the answer to this question?! I am still waiting for any of you to to explain to me what exactly was done illegally. Instead you have persons on your side that want to Curse Members here, and avoid answering the question. How about just one of you tell us what was done illegally. Anyone...

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The point here is that the AFOSI Agents were doing nothing illegal. They were doing the Job that they are REQUIRED to do by Federal Mandate, and Military Regulations.

I have asked Lashicon to point out what exactly illegal that the AFOSI has done, perhaps you would like to field the answer to this question?! I am still waiting for any of you to to explain to me what exactly was done illegally. Instead you have persons on your side that want to Curse Members here, and avoid answering the question. How about just one of you tell us what was done illegally. Anyone...

It's apparently not illegal.

It should be.

That's the point being made.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    :yesway:

Beat me to it. The Nazis got away with so much of what they did because so few had the guts to speak out/stand up against it.
    I suppose you are a Scholar on Germany and the Nazi Movement?! :dunno:
    Can't attack the message, so let's attack the messenger.

Nope I am just trying to understand how much of the History of the Germany that you are schooled in to establish whether you are indeed capable of making your original claim...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Are you really going to come post on a forum that I should stop posting on a forum?

LOL...

No what I am telling you is to do a little research before you post and think, do not make yourself look like ocsdor by jumping straight into a you must be a Nazi if you disagree with me argument. Discussion through debate is how you change minds. Not insulting the Majority of the Members, all that does is set the everyone on both sides into an aggressive mindset...

But WTF do I know...

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I was pointing out the hypocrisy of participating in a discussion forum and then belittling someone for discussing something.

LOL...

No what I am telling you is to do a little research before you post and think, do not make yourself look like ocsdor by jumping straight into a you must be a Nazi if you disagree with me argument. Discussion through debate is how you change minds. Not insulting the Majority of the Members, all that does is set the everyone on both sides into an aggressive mindset...

But WTF do I know...

The use of the word "soldier" is neither ignorant nor insulting. The word means what it means. The U.S. military did not invent the word. If its usage insults you, then that is your issue, not mine.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was pointing out the hypocrisy of participating in a discussion forum and then belittling someone for discussing something.

I don't think he is belittling you for discussing something, in fact Jeremy seems unusually reserved today (I hope everything is okay). He is just trying to point out how some of your comments appear ignorant (remember there is a difference in ignorance and stupidity) and then tries to educate you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I don't think he is belittling you for discussing something, in fact Jeremy seems unusually reserved today (I hope everything is okay). He is just trying to point out how some of your comments appear ignorant (remember there is a difference in ignorance and stupidity) and then tries to educate you.

You know, I don't mind learning new things. I appreciate the new information. If it had been presented as that, then I would be totally fine with it.

Instead it was presented as a way to discredit the entire argument and insult the OP. That is why I take issue with it. There should have been one post to point out the intricacies of military jargon as an FYI and then it should have been dropped.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

The use of the word "soldier" is neither ignorant nor insulting. The word means what it means. The U.S. military did not invent the word. If its usage insults you, then that is your issue, not mine.

And yet you are the one continues along the same tired line of thought in this discussion. Way to have a non-debate on something that might have allowed several Members to adjust their mindsets...

Pssstttt...

Reading is truly fundamental...

A Soldier is traditionally been used to designate a member of an Army back to the 14th Century, with possible Roots going back to the Romans and the Byzantine Empires. Whereas Marine has been reserved for those whom have Infantry Duties from a Seaboard Service dating back to the 16th Century, with the Oldest marine Force in exhistance belonging to the Spanish, Spanish Naval Infantry (Infantería de Marina) founded in 1537...

If you can not make it through an entire sentence how are we to have good faith in your ability to read something as trivial as the Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation, or the Constitution...

Definition of SOLDIER from steveh_131 earlier posted in thread

a : one engaged in military service and especially in the army

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    It's apparently not illegal.

It should be.

That's the point being made.

You are saying that it should be illegal for members of a military branch, tasked with investigating criminal matters that occur within that branch, to employ police powers with regards to an investigation that began with a theft of military property from a military facility, simply because that military property now resides outside a military facility?

Really...:laugh:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

I am, feeling especially considerate today...

I think today will be an early day so I can start pounding the Bourbon due to the fact that I am feeling compassionate... :(

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    This analogy is not even close.
    ... Get over yourselves.

It most certainly is, or I would not have offered it. That's one problem with analogies, though; someone will take issue with them. Not interested in playing "yes it is"-"no it isn't", or the old thinking you're winning an argument by getting in the last word.

Read the post again in its entirety. Strike that line if you have to. That was as mild and diplomatic as I know how to make it. Any further arguing will only dig your hole deeper.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    If you can not make it through an entire sentence how are we to have good faith in your ability to read something as trivial as the Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation, or the Constitution...

One engaged in military service. That's what it says. A person engaged in military service. That's the definition. It may especially refer to those in the "army", but it certainly does NOT exclude other areas of the military, by definition.

Top Bottom