Two Louisville Gun Shops hit in two days.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Dang - I'm late to the party... been out of town - and look what happens. By the amount of joking going on, I trust that all is well. Stay safe, sir. And yell if I can help. (even if the J,K,L, and N's are already claimed! errr... I mean relocated temporarily :D )

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    These burglaries are bad enough but when I worked in a gun shop for 2 1/2 years my greatest fear was a concerted attack at the beginning or end of the day by several serious killers. It would be easy for 2-3 people to come in separately so as not to raise suspicion and check out which clerks are carrying and which are not. On a signal they pop the carriers then quickly murder the rest. Another member in a van backs up and they could clean out tens of thousands of dollars worth of ARs and handguns in just a couple minutes and be gone before the cops could respond. I feared that could happen if someone felt they couldn't get in and out with alarms going off after hours.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Looks like these thieves may have moved up to bigger targets....

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/07/29/world/europe/ap-eu-germany-us-weapons-stolen.html?_r=0

BERLIN — U.S. military authorities are investigating the theft of several weapons from an Army arms room at a base in Germany.

Chris Grey, spokesman for the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command in Quantico, Virginia, said in an emailed statement Friday that the items stolen at the facility in Stuttgart included several semi-automatic pistols, a small-caliber automatic rifle and a shotgun.

While that one seams like an inside job at first read, I think it goes to show that you can't ever completely harden an armory. Someone will find a way to get in, even if it is an "inside" job.

Top Bottom