• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Dupnik gave an interview on the shooting.
    Calls Guerena part of a 'very violent organization,' claims 'the only reason none of us were shot, is because he forgot the safety was on,' and other things..

We've all watched the raid, we've read statements by police an lawyers involved, we've read the affidavit and seen the weight of evidence seized. We've seen the level of professionalism involved. We've seen the official story change multiple times. We've seen the doublespeak that translates a hat embroidered with the words Border Patrol into a law enforcement uniform. I'm going to go ahead and call this a hamfisted attempt to make the shooting look justified by painting Jose Guerena as an evil criminal, without much basis in reality.

The sheriff made the startling revelation that he believes Guerena greeted the SWAT team with a rifle because Guerena thought he was about to be arrested on a charge of murder.

Guerena has family ties to two people who were shot to death in a double homicide last year. The murders of Cynthia and Manuel Orozco remain unsolved. Someone shot the couple to death in their home on Tucson's west side March 29 of last year, leaving the victims' two children orphaned.

Sheriff Dupnik declined to say whether his office's investigation has connected Guerena directly or indirectly to that or any other specific murder case.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttttt. A Combat Marine Rifleman "forgot" to take his rifle off safety in the midst of a situation in which he had more experience than that entire "tac-team" combined, i.e. live fire exchanges.

God, Dupnik is such a sh**bag.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggghhhhttttt. A Combat Marine Rifleman "forgot" to take his rifle off safety in the midst of a situation in which he had more experience than that entire "tac-team" combined, i.e. live fire exchanges.

Of course, had the safety been off, he would have been some manner of cold-blooded, military trained, baby-killing, blood-drinking psychopath on the order of Charles Manson. This is why you kill the people who can speak for themselves: history is written by the guy who can still hold the pen.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Ummm... you mean wheeled vehicle mechanic. That was his job.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Not putting you down, but I spent nearly half of my time in the Marine corps serving as a rifleman in one way or another. My MOS was 3521 (light wheeled vehicle mechanic). I am sure that any other unit in the Corps is no different, likely not any different with any of the other branches either. Any service member in a combat zone has likely seen as much or more actual firefights than the average LEO that has never been in a combat zone.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Ummm you mean "two combat tour veteran" wheeled vehicle mechanic
    I think if you'll read up on a little history you'll find that not every hero from any war was a stone cold, billy BA, spec ops, ranger, LRP, infantry soldier.
    I am a bit offended by the tone of "he was just a grease monkey" in your post, Sir. Every man/woman under arms has a duty that supports a mission and without it the mission would suffer.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not putting you down, but I spent nearly half of my time in the Marine corps serving as a rifleman in one way or another. My MOS was 3521 (light wheeled vehicle mechanic). I am sure that any other unit in the Corps is no different, likely not any different with any of the other branches either. Any service member in a combat zone has likely seen as much or more actual firefights than the average LEO that has never been in a combat zone.

There are many,many LEO's with multiple combat zone tours my friend. Matter of fact the two sort of go hand in hand. Many veterans gravitate towards the LE profession. I actually work with a infantry LTCOL. with three afgan tours.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    There are many,many LEO's with multiple combat zone tours my friend. Matter of fact the two sort of go hand in hand. Many veterans gravitate towards the LE profession. I actually work with a infantry LTCOL. with three afgan tours.

You ever seen combat? firefight? swat team raids?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I believe if you re-read the post you are referring to the poster dd'nt say anything about LEOs not serving in the military. I believe he said" Average LEO's that have not been in a combat zone" I'm pretty sure we are all aware that alot of LEO's have a military background.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

How does keeping the peace and waging war go hand in hand? Perhaps I am being overly naive, but they seem like polar opposites to me. Jobs that require entirely different skill sets.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How does keeping the peace and waging war go hand in hand? Perhaps I am being overly naive, but they seem like polar opposites to me. Jobs that require entirely different skill sets.
    Agree with this and to take it a step further in the other direction I think that much of the military today are used as "World Cops" in a policeing capacity. That in my opinion is the wrong application. Either way the two do not go hand in hand. Just because someone in the military has decided to become a LEO does'nt mean that eveything they learned in the military is applicable to being a Cop. There is a distinction.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I think thats some of the problem. being an LEO isnt like being a soldier and those of you who think it it and wanna march like the army and dress like the army and bark like drill sgts, and interject your personal opinions to citizens you stop, need to fins a new line of work. your PUBLIC SERVANTS!!! Peace officers. why are innocent people afraid of the cops? that right there tells you there is a problem. when grandma has to be terrified when she is stopped for speeding because sh isnt sure she wont be drug out of the car and beat like the little old lady after huricane katrina who was beat by cops for wanting to stay in her own home. or maybe we are afraid they are gonna take our LEGALY OWNED and CARRIED guns from us and leave us on the street helpless and vulnerable to attack, just because they can get away with it.
    Theres a reason THE PEOPLE (INNOCENT AND GOOD PEOPLE) FEAR POLICE, and that reason is because as a whole the police organizations have forgotten what it means to be a peace officer and have gravitated to a paramilitary branch of the govt. the only hope we have at peace is for the good cops who know this behavior is wrong to stand up. once they do it in mass, WE THE PEOPLE will stand up beside them! but until then, I dont trust cops as a whole. and im not sorry about it. the cops who further this behavior are the ones who should be sorry and apologize. The police need to fear the people! just like our founders intended it through our form of govt. if your a cop and you step out of line then you should be in big trouble and held accountible, not PRIVATELY disciplined by your chief and sent to secret drug or alcohol rehabilitation while your still patroling our street! NO!!! FIRED!!!! thats what you should get. yeah, we need tougher hiring standards, but that doesnt address the scum that have already slithered through and who are being protected by their inner circle. many of you cops who read this will shake your head and atleast know what Im meaning and realize there ARE big problems in law enforcement today and they arent just isolated incidents anymore. another group of you cops will laugh at my comments and judge me as a dangerous thinker, because you have been so brainwashed in your line of work you have forgotten reality and the true meaning and interpretation of the constitution. you think you are the law, but your not. one day it will come back and bite you.

Last edited:

orange

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Gary! Not cool.
    Seems to me that military moving to law enforcement en masse would only promote the us-vs-them, officers-vs-civilians attitude that's part of the problem.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Disagree further with the hand in hand aspect. Another point of order is a combat veteran can not conduct themseleves as if they were in a combat zone when they choose to become a LEO. Although as pointed out by others and storys of recent incedences concerning the use of heavy handed tactics with applying SWAT teams in situations where they are not warranted (example Dept. of ED. raid conducted for a student loan default :n00b:) Then i'm not so sure the distintion between Military and LE has not been blurred.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

I'm sorry, but the two don't belong in the same hemisphere. They are vastly different skill sets, with vastly different missions, capabilities, and outcomes.

Grunts kill people for a living. Have a problem on a patrol? Call for indirect fire or close air support. 30 seconds later, building / town / country leveled. Problem solved. See someone with a gun? Bad hajji, boom go dead. 8 year old kid keeps walking toward you after being told to stop? Pregnant woman? Kill them and anyone that shows up to complain about it. No judge. No jury. Just executioner.

Police protect those that are unable to protect themselves. They stop crimes. Arrest criminals. Investigate. Prepare a case for trial. They don't pass judgment. They don't (or shouldn't) execute anyone.

I generally fall on the side of showing deference to law enforcement. Honestly the thought that the two go hand in hand is a little scary.

Top Bottom