• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The world has changed a lot since those days.....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” — Thomas Jefferson​

The idea of freedom holds no water because we have nukes, cars, and the internet? Our founders had plenty of problems to deal with. England and the natives to name a couple.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I am not a sheep but, I am willing to compromise some of my civil liberties for the greater good, being the safety of my family and the rest of the American people. Yes there is a line that shall not be crossed. However, for the American people, the line varies in location.

So you want the line to be waaay more invasive than I do. We only get to live by one system, not one for each of us. Who gets to decide? You are on the side of more control. "Safety" at the cost of Liberty. Control at the cost of our Freedom.

We have a bigger, more intrusive, more expensive, more controlling, more indebted government than ever before. We don't need new laws and new wars to fight! Leave us alone! We don't want to be controlled, and we CANNOT afford it!! People who want to line me up at a ****ing X-ray checkpoint, are no friend to the constitution. I'm sorry but its the honest truth.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    So you want the line to be waaay more invasive than I do. We only get to live by one system, not one for each of us. Who gets to decide? You are on the side of more control. "Safety" at the cost of Liberty. Control at the cost of our Freedom.

We have a bigger, more intrusive, more expensive, more controlling, more indebted government than ever before. We don't need new laws and new wars to fight! Leave us alone! We don't want to be controlled, and we CANNOT afford it!! People who want to line me up at a ****ing X-ray checkpoint, are no friend to the constitution. I'm sorry but its the honest truth.

Ok, I seriously doubt that the scanners are ever going to be used on passenger vehicles.

As far as the scanners being used at airports. That is 1 of the 2 reasons I will not fly.

I am not a fan of the federal government. If it were up to me, it would be ********.

However, out of all the things that it does, scanning semi-trucks is one of the few that I agree with.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ok rambone...I give

Do you understand? Or do you really think I rant and rave because I hate America?

The biggest thing you need to differentiate>>>

Loving government =/= Loving country

Supporting government =/= Supporting country

YES there needs to be a government. But it needs to be a limited government. MUCH more limited than we have. Following the constitution.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    So to get this straight, you are "challenging" the OP to deliberately go out and attempt to cause trouble, then make a video of it?
    No. I'm challenging people to stand up for what they believe. They rant and rave about injustice and wrong doing...and do nothing about it.

What if Rosa Parks had taken this line of thinking and have never stepped onto that bus?

Sometimes you have to make a decision. Somethings are worth raising hell about. Actions speak louder than words.

I cannot hardly see the founding fathers sitting around a table chatting amongst themselves..."We better not cause too much trouble. We might upset someone".

I personally don't see examining commercial haulers as an infringement. I see it no different than weigh stations or inspections at points of entry.

If it were private vehicles...then I'd have another opinion.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No. I'm challenging people to stand up for what they believe. They rant and rave about injustice and wrong doing...and do nothing about it.

What if Rosa Parks had taken this line of thinking and have never stepped onto that bus?

Sometimes you have to make a decision. Somethings are worth raising hell about. Actions speak louder than words.

I cannot hardly see the founding fathers sitting around a table chatting amongst themselves..."We better not cause too much trouble. We might upset someone".

I personally don't see examining commercial haulers as an infringement. I see it no different than weigh stations or inspections at points of entry.

All changes in society come from rational discussions, not irrational action.

The civil rights bill wasn't passed because of random action, it was passed as the result of tireless deliberation. People sitting around just talking and not doing anything.

The American Revolution happened in taverns, churches, and around dinner tables, not on the battlefield.

Without discussion of this topic, his actions would constitute just another crazy nutjob with something to hide being arrested.

What better forum to use for discussion than the internet? You have a very large audience, and the ability to speak clearly without interruption.

If we only advocate action and not rhetoric, then we get the French Revolution, not the American Revolution.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0

The civil rights bill wasn't passed because of random action, it was passed as the result of tireless deliberation. People sitting around just talking and not doing anything.

The American Revolution happened in taverns, churches, and around dinner tables, not on the battlefield.

Without discussion of this topic, his actions would constitute just another crazy nutjob with something to hide being arrested.

What better forum to use for discussion than the internet? You have a very large audience, and the ability to speak clearly without interruption.

If we only advocate action and not rhetoric, then we get the French Revolution, not the American Revolution.
    Those who can...do.

Those who can't...post about it on the internet. ;)

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Can you see the "founding fathers" letting their wagons be searched at any time, their wagon driver , wagon and horse being the subject of 1000's of regulations all because their wagon carried products across state lines?

Plenty of private companies that haul thier own products are subject to the massive amount of federal regulations.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Those who can...do.

Those who can't...post about it on the internet. ;)

Those who do in the wrong context of history are labeled as criminals and traitors.

There's a season for everything. Now is the season for discussion. The season for violence and/or "action" will be here sooner than any of us want, because as soon as it happens, we'll wish it hadn't.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Okay... I finished writing my last will and testament. Today I began private lessons to get a rush on receiving my Commercial Driver's License. Just yesterday I was reading about X-ray checkpoints -- today I am finalizing preparations before I get murdered by the State. Maybe I'll get a "sticky" thread in memory of me.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Okay... I finished writing my last will and testament. Today I began private lessons to get a rush on receiving my Commercial Driver's License. Just yesterday I was reading about X-ray checkpoints -- today I am finalizing preparations before I get murdered by the State. Maybe I'll get a "sticky" thread in memory of me.

:dunno: WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! :dunno:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I will lobby until it happens. You will be an internet hero dude!:alright:

That's what you've always dreamed about, right?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    American history is full of aggitators, lauded as heros, that published books and pamphlets long before they ever took up arms or organized demonstrations in the street.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    :dunno: WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! :dunno:

I've been challenged to learn how to drive a commercial semi-truck, obtain said truck, and drive up to an X-ray checkpoint in Georgia -- then resist the counter-terrorism team that tries to violate my rights.

I've seen enough videos of government murders to know that I better have my Last Will written before I pretend that freedom exists in this country.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I've been challenged to learn how to drive a commercial semi-truck, obtain said truck, and drive up to an X-ray checkpoint in Georgia -- then resist the counter-terrorism team that tries to violate my rights.

I've seen enough videos of government murders to know that I better have my Last Will written before I pretend that freedom exists in this country.

Wow. You are going to do all of that based on a challenge from the internet? Or were you planning on quitting your job and learning to drive a truck?

Top Bottom