• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought a Glock 22 for my first hand gun. I had to sell it last year due to hard times. Now I am looking to get a new gun. I want to conceal and carry. I am a fan of 40 cal, would go as low as 9mm. I don't want to break the bank. I am looking for good advice and opinions. Thank you in advance.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Maybe a Glock 22 again? If you liked it, then why not? Especially with the price for police trade ins, would be a no brainer?

A Glock 23 or 27 would be a great concealable gun (as would the G22, but you have to be a bit more cautious about concealment).

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    If you liked the G22 an 40 cal, and are now interested in concealed carry, the G23 may fit the bill. It and the G19 (9mm) are excellent all around guns.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Handle as many guns as you can, either at a local gun shop or thru some INGO friends, and let your personal taste on firearms take over. What feels good in one person's hand might feel awful in someone else's hand. Might also be helpful to then take your "short list" to a gun range where you can rent some of these handguns and put some rounds downrange.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    As others have said so far it is a personal preference. If you can test a buddies or rent one you are thinking about that is the way to go.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    Compare a M&P compact to a Glock 26/27 and tell me what feels better. I have both and hands down the M&P is the way to go. Much less felt recoil and more ergos. Also if you get a .40 you can get aftermarket conversion barrels that can shoot 9mm or .357. So 3 guns in 1

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The best advice I can give you is this. Figure out what your budget is. Lets just say $500 and go from there. Fondle and shoot as many guns as you can in your price range. Then make your decision from there. I can suggest certain guns that I may like, but they may not fit you.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Walther PPS for me.

I love the size, sights, and feel of the PPS. I carry a 9mm but it's made in a 40cal. I have limited time with Glocks but the Walther was the right choice for me. Good luck!

Top Bottom