• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PhilB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2010
    Randolph Co.
    That's a shame. I live in Randolph Co. and didn't have any trouble. I went into the Sheriff's office talked to a nice lady who took me thru the paperwork pricess, fingerprinting and even packaged my paperwork to send the state police. All I had to do was put a money order in and mail it out. Maybe it is because I live in a rural county but all the law enforcement people I've dealt with have been courteous and professional. After reading what some INGO members go thru, I'm glad I live out in the sticks.:D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    That's a shame. I live in Randolph Co. and didn't have any trouble. I went into the Sheriff's office talked to a nice lady who took me thru the paperwork pricess, fingerprinting and even packaged my paperwork to send the state police. All I had to do was put a money order in and mail it out. Maybe it is because I live in a rural county but all the law enforcement people I've dealt with have been courteous and professional. After reading what some INGO members go thru, I'm glad I live out in the sticks.:D
    The same thing happened with me in Hammond when I got mine. The only difference was I had to call to make an appointment. I'm not sure of the process now, though.

Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    The same thing happened with me in Hammond when I got mine. The only difference was I had to call to make an appointment. I'm not sure of the process now, though.

I just got mine a few months ago in Hammond. I didnt call or anything. After i did the L1 stuff i just went to the PD and signed off on my app and gave them the money order. The whole process from getting printed to walking in my house took about 20 mins.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Seriously, for those wanted to know. I called the State Police back. They the girl at L1 was wrong, it is 60 not 30 days. Also, as long as I've got my ID number from L1 for the printing, my application can be accessed even longer (though he wasn't certain how long). I'm still taking the 8th off and bringing a good book to the Whiting PD!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Maybe if I said I needed it for a derringer in my cleavage ... Mae West style.
    :postpics:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously, for those wanted to know. I called the State Police back. They the girl at L1 was wrong, it is 60 not 30 days. Also, as long as I've got my ID number from L1 for the printing, my application can be accessed even longer (though he wasn't certain how long). I'm still taking the 8th off and bringing a good book to the Whiting PD!

Good luck & let us know how it turns out.

BTW don't forget we have several events occurring in NWI.
    Next weekend is the MEET & SHOOT bring the family for some great times: food, guns, and putting faces to names. :rockwoot:

more info here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._and_shoot_sat_28_may_2011_a.html#post1898541

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    When I renewed mine (went with the lifetime this time) I had to go see the local police. The cheif reviewed my app, signed off on it and that was it took maybe 10 mins.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I don't know? I called the general PD #, told them I had completed everything online and was printed last night. They said I needed to come in and see the chief but he is on vacation. See above.

Guess he needs to check if I have crazy eyes? I don't know.
    Wear DARK sunglasses so he can't see your eyes:D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    A while back, the Evansville PD was requiring a photo from LTCH applicants. Residents didn't think that was right, so they contacted a guy who had some contacts to check on it. He called ISP and told them what was happening and ISP cracked the whip. EPD then said that the photo was voluntary, though the person at EPD that the guy contacted to ask about it was reportedly rude and belligerent about the point that if you didn't submit to the photo, you wouldn't get a LTCH.

EPD no longer requires that photo. Kitty, I'd suggest a phone call back to ISP to tell them that WPD is making the process difficult for residents and you'd really appreciate if they'd get in touch with the department and tell them that "shall issue" means what it says. No interviews with the chief, no "you have to wait for his convenience", no "only he can do it".

The guy I was talking about did exactly that. He just happened to know who to call and was willing to do it when none of the residents of Evansville who were having the problem did. You might have heard his name...

Jim Tomes.

And now you know.... the rest of the story.

Bill of Rights... Good day.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    A while back, the Evansville PD was requiring a photo from LTCH applicants. bla, bla, bal...
    You might have heard his name...

Jim Tomes.

BoR why are you bring in facts into the problem? This is a "you people" (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2024-saint_john_indiana_not_gun_friendly.html) issue and we don't need the help of our southern wanna-be hoosier cousins to help. We got this under control. :rolleyes:
    Besides we wanna see Kitty post pics of her in a dress doing a dance and song for da chief. :laugh:;)

On a serious note. Thanks for the history lesson. Did not know that of Mr. Tomes. :rockwoot:

Now I'll wait for the update from Kitty and how well it goes on Monday. :popcorn:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    North-west Indiana. :rolleyes:

If you make the process hard enough, then no one will try.
    that aint no ****. i live in nwi, and it took me a lot longer to get it than i had hoped. and no one was courteous at all, i drove down to the station three seperate times and called several times before they even told me what was required and what hours.

for example. i asked how much it cost over the phone. (this is before i found INGO:rockwoot:) and the response was "you have to bring the required amount of money for state and local" yeah but how much is that was what i was getting at. she said "the same as it always is" then hung up.

also highland for example has a 2-3 hour window on wednesdays, mid mornings, and i thought it was only twice a month.
    yeah because nobody is at work at 10.00 wednesday mornings.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    In Porter Co. I did my app. on line took the money orders to the Porter Co. Sheriffs office they did my finger prints with no appointment (there might have been certain days of the week) and what seemed like a year later(4 weeks or so) I got mine in the mail. What I found amazing is how a pink piece of paper can make a grown man so happy.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    June 8th - he is out of the office until Wednesday June 8th and I was told there is NO ONE else that can help me. I already have the day off work to sit at the station.

Once I have the LTCH - I'll post pictures ;)

Top Bottom