• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm sure Chip will correct me if I'm wrong. But I think he was referring to going with to observe the rally, not to observe what may or may not happen to you.
    I'll provide the protection I can, which for the most part in a crowd will be trying to keep between you and any hostiles. That is, unless you whip out banner with Trump with a hitler stash and a swastika on it. Or start throwing the black power salute while screaming obscenities about trump and yelling black lives matter. Then you're on your own.

Trust me, that wouldn't happen. I'd wear my best Urkel Gear.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    @Kut - see if you can work security. :D That's what I'm really curious about: who really calls the shots on what vocalizations are allowed and what aren't.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Who would I protect ya'll from?
    BLM? Really, I wouldn't worry about violence befalling you. The black guy who kicked the **** out of the protester seemed to be well received by the Trumpers. So I think most of the violence on the part of Trumpers is more an issue of ideology than race.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Who would I protect ya'll from?

I'm pretty sure that if I went, there would come a point, where I would feel compelled to call BS on something. Loudly.

I'm usually not inclined to that kind of thing.

Now, what would be super-awesome sauce would be if he holds a private meeting in Carmel. Pretty sure I know who would sponsor it, and how I could arrange entry. THAT would be a better environment.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Almost daily Trump shoots himself in the foot. He lost a ton of women on the Meghan Kelly, Carly Fiorino comments. He can't undo that. Why he, or any POTUS candidate would get into an abortion discussion with the press is beyond me. There was a SCOTUS decision on this 43 years ago, let it go! It has nothing to do with running the country. I'm sick of candidates who fall for this sucker punch crap from the press. One who didn't was Gingrich. When he was asked a stupid question, he took the questioner to task. Trump should be smart enough to do the same.

In the end, I think Tump will lose by being his own worse enemy. Had he taken the high road day one I think he would be the sole remaining candidate. All this liberal press coverage, which he seems to indulge in, will do is give Clinton the White House where her and Bubba can resume renting out the Lincoln bedroom.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm pretty sure that if I went, there would come a point, where I would feel compelled to call BS on something. Loudly.

I'm usually not inclined to that kind of thing.

Now, what would be super-awesome sauce would be if he holds a private meeting in Carmel. Pretty sure I know who would sponsor it, and how I could arrange entry. THAT would be a better environment.

You better be careful, a snappy dressed, well heeled, dashing man like you would be assumed to be a liberal. So if they come for me, I'm going to point and yell "look at that guy, he has to be liberal, and he just told me he wished Hilary would have his babies!"

Kut (would then exit stage left, with a quickness)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Almost daily Trump shoots himself in the foot. He lost a ton of women on the Meghan Kelly, Carly Fiorino comments. He can't undo that. Why he, or any POTUS candidate would get into an abortion discussion with the press is beyond me. There was a SCOTUS decision on this 43 years ago, let it go! It has nothing to do with running the country. I'm sick of candidates who fall for this sucker punch crap from the press. One who didn't was Gingrich. When he was asked a stupid question, he took the questioner to task. Trump should be smart enough to do the same.

In the end, I think Tump will lose by being his own worse enemy. Had he taken the high road day one I think he would be the sole remaining candidate. All this liberal press coverage, which he seems to indulge in, will do is give Clinton the White House where her and Bubba can resume renting out the Lincoln bedroom.

To be fair to Trump, he was goaded into making that statement.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You better be careful, a snappy dressed, well heeled, dashing man like you would be assumed to be a liberal. So if they come for me, I'm going to point and yell "look at that guy, he has to be liberal, and he just told me he wished Hilary would have his babies!"

Kut (would then exit stage left, with a quickness)

Even better, I can feign either a Russian or French accent (with appropriate cuss words mixed in) - thus marking me as notAmerican. Hilarity would almost instantly ensue. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When the latest polls show both Clinton and Sanders crushing Trump in the general election, you know the GOP has the wrong candidate representing them. :twocents:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Sanders

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

yeah but in this one election a long time ago, early polls weren't accurate.

so that doesn't count. until it does. which will be slightly embarrassing for those that kept saying it didn't.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    yeah but in this one election a long time ago, early polls weren't accurate.

so that doesn't count. until it does. which will be slightly embarrassing for those that kept saying it didn't.

I understand what you are referring to....1980 Reagan, but these are different times and demographics. When you currently have 73% of the women's vote hating you, and you don't have the Black, Hispanic, or the youth vote....... not to mention that 30% to 40% of your own party have said they won't vote you in the general.....that's a lot of ground to make up between now and November.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I understand what you are referring to....1980 Reagan, but these are different times and demographics. When you currently have 73% of the women's vote hating you, and you don't have the Black, Hispanic, or the youth vote....... not to mention that 30% to 40% of your own party have said they won't vote you in the general.....that's a lot of ground to make up between now and November.

Oh I know. I don't think I worded my sarcastic response in a sarcastic enough manner to make it clear that I think today's polls are probably accurate, and Trump is going to be trounced.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom