• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I guess I would pose the opposite - why would you not profile an illegal immigrant ? Since the illegal immigrant is, by definition, illegal - why are they to receive the distinction and benefit of the 4th Amendment when they aren't legal citizens of this country.

Where is the line drawn that an illegal alien should receive the benefit ? I don't have an answer to my own question. However, I do know how I feel about illegal aliens using our court system against us via the pro bono efforts of attorneys who believe in transforming immigration laws without benefit of enacting legislation.
    How do you profile an illegal immigrant? Do illegals dress a certain way?

It is not OK to go around and stop every person that looks Mexican to see if they are illegal or not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is not OK to go around and stop every person that looks Mexican to see if they are illegal or not.

Profiling is part of the process.
    Heck I got profiled constantly as a youth.
    I fit a profile. Jacked up car, loud pipes, visible gauges on the dash, long haired kid behind the wheel.....something had to be wrong here. Yup, I fit a profile. I got pulled over all the time. If you look hinky you might just be hinky.

Is it right......all in how you look at it I guess.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I disagree. I think it's just fine. We have a problem and to fix it we have to get serious and stop being stupid

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    What does Sen Obama think about illegals?

[video=youtube;T7LGoHV3aKs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7LGoHV3aKs[/video]

Exactly. I wonder who was paying him under the table back then? I guess it wasn't his buddies he's find later. The first "black" president and probably the last in my lifetime because everyone will remember his shenanigans and what it started

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Is it? I mean (assuming you think [(s)he] was guilty of what [(s)he] was [STRIKE]convicted[/STRIKE] [accused]) [STRIKE]Arpaio[/STRIKE] [Obama,Lynch] was the leader of a large LE, and intentionally encouraged violating the Constitution. [(S)He] then gets a pass from the [STRIKE]president[/STRIKE] [congress,DoJ], because while [his/her] means were undesirable, the results were acceptable [to the left]. Why shouldn't other govt officials also violate the Constitution, if the president will give a "ends justify the means" [STRIKE]pardon[/STRIKE] [turning of a blind eye]? We're not talking about the bad behavior of individuals, here, but institutions.

Not even ironic (nor wrong)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    He probably would have been under house arrest for 30 days or so. But, I'd amend the idea that this was gesture, and instead call it a dog whistle.

I was so hoping I would never see that stupid phrase again during my remaining time on the planet. I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    He has stated in effect in another thread that he had no reason to pay attention to Obama.

My opinion, he didin't hate Obama.

I would bet that he doesn't even know about Fast and Furious. I know that is way off target, but sometimes I feel like he just woke up. Kind of like Rip VanWinkle.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I fit a profile. Jacked up car, loud pipes, visible gauges on the dash, long haired kid behind the wheel.....something had to be wrong here. Yup, I fit a profile. I got pulled over all the time. If you look hinky you might just be hinky.

When I was young,and fit this profile,the cop once said to me," I looked like a whole lot of trouble".I disagreed.He then wrote me 3 tickets.As I looked back,I kinda was.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My theory is it is an attempt to oust Republicans that don't support his agenda starting with the 2018 election. If he keeps HIS base fired up and hammers home those who counter him (McCain types), he hopes to better his chances in the second half of his first term. Sure the Republicans are gonna lose some seats as usual for a mid term but if he can net gain supporters, well who knows??

We have a president who is actually holding re-election rallies and his first year in office isn't even completed. That's crazy, but I have a theory as to why. He knows his administration is in trouble, and should there be a legitimate effort to remove him, he's going to need his staunchest supporters to help him out.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I disagree. I think it's just fine. We have a problem and to fix it we have to get serious and stop being stupid
    I disagree totally. American citizens should not be burdened with having to prove they are citizens just because of the color of their skin. Just as they should not have to prove they are doing anything else illegal because of the color of their skin.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You weren't profiled simply because you were white though. There were other indicators that led the police to profile you. IN this instance we are talking about profiling people based totally on the color of their skin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because it's impossible to do without infringing on the rights of other Americans? For instance, every cop knows that most cars with a Latino-looking person with plates that come back to Latino sounding business is probably an illegal. You stop them, and you have an easy ONL arrest. I know of people that rack up arrests on people like this over crappy "license plate lights out" stops. The problem, they aren't applying stops based on license plate lights equally. They see a Latino, then look for a reason (they typically don't employ) to make the stop, and go from there. The "legal" stop, is more of a CYA if there's a problem later on. This is called a pre-contexual stop, because the officer isn't really pulling the person over for the infraction, but to investigate something else of which no proof. The problem, is that sometimes you run into a legal real life Latino-looking American citizen... and have just violated his rights.

Because I often work with my clients on their production floor, I am regularly driving to a workday in the wee hours of the morning. I am stopped several times per year for the slightest little thing (the reason why is usually articulated early in the stop) - I have been stopped because one of the TWO lights that illuminate my rear plate was burned out (plate still adequately illuminated lolz). I know and the officers know that I am being stopped because they are looking for drunks. I assume I am being profiled based on the time I am out driving. For the record I am white, late middle aged and drive a moderately priced vehicle.

I don't really have a problem with this and it almost always results in a quick check and then release with a verbal caution related to the given reason for stopping. I support the mission of removing drunks from the road by any legal means. I assume the drunks arrested by this policy have different feelings about it, as would the illegals caught up in Arpaio's program. It seems to me if LEO really wants to stop someone that they wouldn't have to follow them for very long in order to come up with a legal probable cause and could stop them just like they do me, with an articulation of a reason for stopping to check them out. I think the rank and file LEO should be able to stop in this manner and if those so stopped wish to argue that their stop/arrest violates the 4th or 14th, that that should be hashed out on a case by case basis in court. I think broad restriction of this by a court is unwise and possibly illegal, we just lacked a DoJ interested in backstopping LEO in supporting all tools not forbidden by the Constitution. The prosecution IMO was political.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was so hoping I would never see that stupid phrase again during my remaining time on the planet. I guess I'm not surprised by anything anymore...

When's the NASA Launch? I'll try to hold off 'til then if it's close. "Close," of course, being at my discretion.

Top Bottom