• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No I don't think he profiled but law enforcement should and this court was wrong.
    If he would have profiled I'd still support him.
    I hope this emboldened law enforcement down there and they start rounding these donkeys up.
    The courts are out of control and need reined in. Time to put some judges in prison

You should look into some of the actions his department engaged while he was running things. In one particular case, I think in 2008, they raided a home with illegals. They then went next door and made contact with a Latino father and son, and got permission to enter. They then searched the home, without consent, finding nothing. Thinking the father and son were illegals (they weren't) they were then placed in handcuffs, and sat on a curb, for hours until they figured out they were legal residents. This is one instance amongst many. Do you support that type of profiling, especially when it affects those whom the 4th Amendment should protect most?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Hs contempt was based on his department's continued use of profiling, which he said that he would continue to do. I view that as intentionally violating the 4th Amendment. And while he is old, that's not a defense to avoid punishment.

I'm glad they did it and I hope Leo's less doing it. Just find them and follow them long enough to stop them for something else if they have to in order to cover their asses

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    How do you legally profile an illegal immigrant, justifying detaining them, and that doesn't infringe upon the protections 4th Amendment?

I guess I would pose the opposite - why would you not profile an illegal immigrant ? Since the illegal immigrant is, by definition, illegal - why are they to receive the distinction and benefit of the 4th Amendment when they aren't legal citizens of this country.

Where is the line drawn that an illegal alien should receive the benefit ? I don't have an answer to my own question. However, I do know how I feel about illegal aliens using our court system against us via the pro bono efforts of attorneys who believe in transforming immigration laws without benefit of enacting legislation.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do you legally profile an illegal immigrant, justifying detaining them, and that doesn't infringe upon the protections 4th Amendment?

I don't know how you do it or if it's legal or not but I'm pretty sure all arrests made by ICE are based on profiling.

A bunch of "Mexican-looking" people are walking, from south to north, in the desert in Arizona one mile away from the US border ...
    Is it profiling if they get stopped by ICE or Border Patrol?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't know how you do it or if it's legal or not but I'm pretty sure all arrests made by ICE are based on profiling.

A bunch of "Mexican-looking" people are walking, from south to north, in the desert in Arizona one mile away from the US border ...

Exactly. You have to profile.
    Am Leo's need to do it. Let the courts try to contempt them all

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    #winning

#MAGA

#let'sround'emup

1608201311-Sheriff-Joe-Arpaio-Could-Face-Prosecution.jpg

#let'smove'emout

sheriff-joe2.jpg

[video=youtube;UILqxAt6-n8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UILqxAt6-n8[/video]

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And while he is old, that's not a defense to avoid punishment.

His age, the fact he's not a threat to society, and the fact he's no longer in a position of authority to re-offend seem very relevant to me when compared to releasing drug dealers serving life sentences for their role in ongoing criminal enterprises.

Man freed early from life sentence by Obama back in jail - San Antonio Express-News

A San Antonio man who was freed from life* in prison by President Barack Obama is back behind bars after allegedly crashing his vehicle into another motorist and undercover police cars while fleeing from a drug deal Thursday...Gill is charged with possession with intent to distribute 500 grams or more of cocaine.

* for cocaine and heroin distribution

So, once again, yes, it's a better use of the pardon power.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    His age, the fact he's not a threat to society, and the fact he's no longer in a position of authority to re-offend seem very relevant to me when compared to releasing drug dealers serving life sentences for their role in ongoing criminal enterprises.

Man freed early from life sentence by Obama back in jail - San Antonio Express-News

They probably profiled him. The poor guy.
    Lol insert purple

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

So just so I'm getting this straight, a guy who instructed his organization to flout the Constitution, should avoid being handed punishment for a criminal decisions he was held in contempt of? A contempt charge with a maximum penalty of 6 months, which people figured that (due to his age) would be 30 days of house arrest. And further, it makes sense that the president would pardon such a person, who again disregard the Constitution he was sworn to abide, quibbling over at most a 6 month sentence? Let me ask you this question. Regardless of what you think of other president's use of the pardon authority, do you think this pardon was based on Arpaio's age, or to win political points with his base. And if you view it as the latter, do you think this is a good or bad thing?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It is if you wouldn't stop a bunch of black, white, or asian people walking "south to north, in the desert in Arizona, one mile away from the border." Would you stop those groups? What you're not getting, Sylvian, is that you've already justified stopping them based on reasonable suspicion. It is reasonable, upon seeing a group of people (regardless of their color) walking in the desert, north, one mile away from the US border to be suspicious of them violating immigration law. But back to my first question... would you stop a group of black, white, or asian people under the same circumstances?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pretty sure we know Flynn nor Manafort will ever have anything to worry about either.

They haven't been charged. And the president isn't privy to the details of the investigation. If he went ahead and pardoned them (which maybe he can, maybe he can't... Nixon kinda screws it up) then that's almost an admission of their guilt, and if not, could be seen tampering with an investigation. Given his relationship with the GOP right now, I'd expect they'd love to impeach Trump, and get GOP loyalist Pence in office.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    They haven't been charged. And the president isn't privy to the details of the investigation. If he went ahead and pardoned them (which maybe he can, maybe he can't... Nixon kinda screws it up) then that's almost an admission of their guilt, and if not, could be seen tampering with an investigation. Given his relationship with the GOP right now, I'd expect they'd love to impeach Trump, and get GOP loyalist Pence in office.

Well I guess the first sign the pardons are coming is when he brags about it during one of his please clap for me rally's.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

If they tried to impeach him they wouuld lose everything. I would never vote for another Republican again . But I don't think we'd have to worry about voting for a long time anyways if they tried that

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If they tried to impeach him they wouuld lose everything. I would never vote for another Republican again . But I don't think we'd have to worry about voting for a long time anyways if they tried that

Not by a longshot. Trump is toxic to the future of the party. You might not vote Republican again, but you're not... let's just say... the average person, lol. You would be an outlier. Sure people in his base would be upset... for a time, but they'd get back to voting as regularly as they always have.

Top Bottom