• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe this is what undoes Trump's sit at the top of the polls, but the gun nut thing is a a bit of a stretch to all except Trump haters looking for anything negative.

I'm not a Trump "hater", per se, but I don't like him or the general attitude he puts forth. The man is clearly a statist, and has made that abundantly clear in the recent speeches and news. He wants to use the power of government to remake the country into how he thinks it should be, rather than use that power to reduce itself. He wants to control speech, to allow or disallow an entire religion, to control who should be armed... these three alone are enough to tell me he does not believe in our Constitution. He will not get my vote, but honestly, whoever is behind the scenes, pulling his strings, probably doesn't want Trump to get peoples' votes. His bombastic approach has made clear that he is out to alienate one group at a time, in turn. If enough (R)s are alienated by the presumptive candidate, just as Hillary or Bernie fans are alienated by the other candidate, people stay home and fewer people give a da*n who runs the country, leading to even more of an oligarchy than we have now... and eventually, we move to a dictatorship. One might say we'll Niemoller ourselves into it.

God help us.

Blessings,
    Bill

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    "
    I'm not a Trump "hater", per se, but I don't like him or the general attitude he puts forth. The man is clearly a statist, and has made that abundantly clear in the recent speeches and news. He wants to use the power of government to remake the country into how he thinks it should be, rather than use that power to reduce itself. He wants to control speech, to allow or disallow an entire religion, to control who should be armed... these three alone are enough to tell me he does not believe in our Constitution. He will not get my vote, but honestly, whoever is behind the scenes, pulling his strings, probably doesn't want Trump to get peoples' votes. His bombastic approach has made clear that he is out to alienate one group at a time, in turn. If enough (R)s are alienated by the presumptive candidate, just as Hillary or Bernie fans are alienated by the other candidate, people stay home and fewer people give a da*n who runs the country, leading to even more of an oligarchy than we have now... and eventually, we move to a dictatorship. One might say we'll Niemoller ourselves into it.

God help us.

Blessings,
    Bill

He is an opportunistic populist. The one good thing he's done in this cycle is to derail another Bush presidency.

swanny70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2015
    Goshen
    I have been in favor of voting for Trump since he first got in the race, He says what most of us are thinking and I like that he gives honest un-rehearsed answers! He might be brash at times but don't we all want a President that demands and gets respect? With him more country's will respect and fear us again and that is a great thing! Trump/Rubio 2016

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sorry folks. this is all well and good, but until he's POTUS and introducing legislation, this is going in general firearms.

Signed,
    Denny.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I have not picked a candidate. I think three or four could do the job. I think on the GOP debate stage would execute better than the current executive and better than any of the Democrat nominees.

Its best we all proceed with caution. Its best we all stay guarded and raise questions. Its best we remain skeptics. With that being said, never forget Trump wrote "The Art of the Deal." He is playing the media right now and the media do not know what to do. Whether one likes him or not, it is refreshing to see someone running for office on the GOP side that is media-savvy (as is Cruz) and does not take their guff.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I've said in the past I won't be voting for folks like of McCain or Romney again. I'm tired for voting for the "lesser of two evils." But that's not what's going to happen; just venting hot air in my frustration. I'm going to hold my nose and vote. Because there is a lot at stake, including SCOTUS nominations, EOs, etc. I'm not a fan of Trump, but if it comes down to it, I'll end up holding my nose and pushing the button in the booth...

-rvb

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've said in the past I won't be voting for the likes of McCain or Romney again. I'm tired for voting for the "lesser of two evils." But that's not what's going to happen; just venting hot air in my frustration. I'm going to hold my nose and vote. Because there is a lot at stake, including SCOTUS nominations, EOs, etc. I'm not a fan of Trump, but if it comes down to it, I'll end up holding my nose and pushing the button in the booth...

-rvb

The lesser of two evils is Trump? At one point, I felt reluctant to call Trump a Nazi, because then it would've been hyperbole. NOW, I'm completely comfortable calling him a Nazi, understood in the original sense. ANYBODY that thinks Trump is a viable candidate over ANY democrat, based solely on his words alone, understands nothing about the principles this nation was founded on, and I certainly don't think the word "patriot" or even "American" applies to them. At this point, people supporting the Trump candidacy, should decide which "shirt" they want to wear: brown or black.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The lesser of two evils is Trump? At one point, I felt reluctant to call Trump a Nazi, because then it would've been hyperbole. NOW, I'm completely comfortable calling him a Nazi, understood in the original sense. ANYBODY that thinks Trump is a viable candidate over ANY democrat, based solely on his words alone, understands nothing about the principles this nation was founded on, and I certainly don't think the word "patriot" or even "American" applies to them. At this point, people supporting the Trump candidacy, should decide which "shirt" they want to wear: brown or black.

Why would you consider Trump a nazi? I know next to nothing about politics, so I am genuinely curious.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

yea, that's why I don't like him. but it's rhetoric. he's not a lawmaker and such laws would (hopefully!) never make it through congress. if other's in this thread can use that argument about Hillary and gun control, it can be applied here, too. it's about executive, not legislative powers (and candidates and constituents both always loose sight of this)... who they appoint to cabinets, department heads, the AG, scotus nominees, etc...

hopefully cruz takes the lead from him soon and he fades away....

-rvb

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why would you consider Trump a nazi? I know next to nothing about politics, so I am genuinely curious.

Much of Nazi ideology was based on a strong sense of nationalism, which scapegoats certain groups as being the cause if a nation's ills. One could be a citizen/national, of the country, but if they were in the group being used as a scapegoat, then that made no difference.
    Trump has essentially blamed Mexicans, generally, as being rapists and criminal. Trump has blamed blacks, incorrectly, as being the group of people that murders 81% of white murder victims. Trump has condoned the "roughing up" of protesters at his rallies. Trump has indicated that he would shut down Mosques. Trump has indicated that he would deny Muslims, generally, entry into the United States. Trump says he's going to round up illegals, build a wall, and have Mexico pay for it.
    Trump's rhetoric is extremely concerning to me, and I've never believed I'd ever hear such stuff coming from a legitimate presidential candidate, let alone that such a person would gain traction with so many.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”
    – Yoda

Requoted again....people voting for Trump because they're scared of losing their firearms are giving in to fear and promoting hatred and bigotry.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    yea, that's why I don't like him. but it's rhetoric. he's not a lawmaker and such laws would (hopefully!) never make it through congress. if other's in this thread can use that argument about Hillary and gun control, it can be applied here, too. it's about executive, not legislative powers (and candidates and constituents both always loose sight of this)... who they appoint to cabinets, department heads, the AG, scotus nominees, etc...

hopefully cruz takes the lead from him soon and he fades away....

-rvb

I agree, it rhetoric, but c'mon! There's some things that just shouldn't be said.... at least not by a guy vying for the most important office in the world.
    I'm currently in Germany, and even my German friends are starting to whisper the word. It's ABSOLUTELY ridiculous. I tried to tell them it was "rhetoric" too, and the response I get is "that's what Germans thought too, at first."
    I've been in Berlin less than 48 hours, and Trump is the first topic of discussion, and it's a lot of what I've seen on TV.

Top Bottom