• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I agree that the 5 billion is nothing in the big picture, bu the Dems are not going to give Trump a win no matter what. I agree the workers have to get paid. If he goes with emergency it will be immediately challenged. As usual republicans gave in. They don't know how to fight. Why haven't there ben ads with hilary, obama and schumer when they were saying we need a wall? I hope I am wrong and Trump pulls something out. I really like him from dy one.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    OP says it all.

Trump loses. Pelosi wins, for now. t least in the eyes of the TDS/Never Trump/Progressive crowd.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    pelosiproperty-S.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I recognize the beaker of virgin's blood that Pelosi is likely injecting into he grizzled old carcass to maintain appearances, but soaking her lunch (the two hard boiled eggs) in it seems a bit over the top. You'd think virgin's blood would be tough enough to find within her own party that she wouldn't want to risk diluting it's efficacy

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My biggest pet peeve about this shutdown, back pay.

If you worked during this shutdown, you should get it. If you didn’t work, you shouldn’t. If you wanted a chance at getting back pay, you should’ve had the option to continue to work knowing you could or couldn’t get it. This really is nothing against the workers as everyone else who is a normal person wouldn’t get back pay if they didn’t work. I know my opinion might not be popular but if you take a job as a government worker you should know this is a possibility.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The bad thing about being the POTUS is that so many people have no idea how our government works. Thus the Pres gets blame/credit for everything that happens. even though he has no control over most of it. Obama gets credit/blame for Obamacare but many people consider it an unmitigated disaster. IIRC, the government was shut down to leverage that deal, too. He gets credit for fulfilling a campaign promise but blame for "we have to pass this bill so we can find out what's in it". That was Congress. Candidates make promises they know they can't fulfill but don't care because they know the promises will be forgotten after the election is over. Most of us have only the media's version upon which to base an opinion and zero clue as to the real reason something happened in any legislative body. So here we are stating this guy or that guy was the worst ever. I have no doubt, the worst is yet to come.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    That's because you libtards can't understand Trump's 12D chess. He rejected an offer from the House causing the government to shut down then held out a month only to agree to the exact same offer. If you were as smart as Trump you'd see how that's a win.

But.but... You don't understand that the President is stupid and not very smart...
    I've never seen a high rise named kut towers....

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    But.but... You don't understand that the President is stupid and not very smart...
    I've never seen a high rise named kut towers....
    That's my point - he's smarter than any of us can imagine. Maybe Kut has heard of a little book called The Art of the Deal? It's been translated to 263 languages and is used as a textbook in the top MBA programs around the world. Can Kut say that? I didn't think so. I have faith that the wall will be built and Mexico will pay for it, just like Trump promised. Because Trump is a man of his word and a brilliant negotiator, as we all saw yesterday. He's in it for the long game and he's playing above the libtards' level.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    What I want to know is where did all the money go that Obama got for the SECURE FENCE ACT OF 2006?
    Democrats gladly voted for it then!
    Also why dont we use the 18 billion dollars that we seized from Elchapo to build this wall.
    I dont think we need a wall per say,how about more border security like drones with bombs and more feet on the ground.
    We need daily deportations asap!

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    That's my point - he's smarter than any of us can imagine. Maybe Kut has heard of a little book called The Art of the Deal? It's been translated to 263 languages and is used as a textbook in the top MBA programs around the world. Can Kut say that? I didn't think so. I have faith that the wall will be built and Mexico will pay for it, just like Trump promised. Because Trump is a man of his word and a brilliant negotiator, as we all saw yesterday. He's in it for the long game and he's playing above the libtards' level.

I agree....

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    First of all no matter what happens going forward Trumps biggest blunder was not getting this done when he controlled both houses.

It was preposterous to think that this shutdown was going to work from the get go and I am very sure Trump new it. I think it was a part in a larger strategy to get the wall and/or make the Dems look like clowns down the line.

I work in Chicago and am in my 50's. I am dismayed as to how 99 percent of everyone I come across is against every idea Trump comes up with no matter what it is. If he proposed paying off all the credit card debt of everyone in Illinois they would be *****ing about it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I believe Trump is doing his best.

There's too many people profiting from open borders.
    That's why they've DUG IN and will scratch, claw and resist with every trick they can think of to stop a secure border.

And when/if Trump tries to use his National Emergency powers, there are already people prepared to go to court to stop it.

By the time it ever makes it through the Supreme Court, it'll either be 2020 Election time, and/or the open borders crowd will have closed off EVERY source of funding they can think of for him to use his Emergency powers.
    And if he finds any funding, they'll be back in court again.

There's just too much money in open borders it to be otherwise.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom