• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The trading cards were not the best move, nor were they timed well.

Serious question, why are you fixated on them? There are probably over 12 posts from you bringing them up.

I'm not disputing your right to talk about whatever you want. Curious about why this seems to be an issue that overrides everything else (trade, defense, jobs, etc.).

Again, no offense is intended.
    Because it's a slap in the face to his base. Well, I mean...most of his base. There are always those with a bottle of Jergens lotion on standby for whatever Trump does next, as aptly demonstrated in this thread. 4d chess, indeed.

"Fox News breaking-news editor Chris Pandolfo tweeted: "Sure, inflation is wrecking the economy, Russia and China are on the move, the culture war wages at home, but at least presidential candidate Donald Trump is offering voters Trump Digital Trading Cards they can buy for $99 each. Get your NFT today."

"Daniel Bostic, one of the lead organizers of the "Stop the Steal" movement, tweeted: "If this is the #MAJORANNOUNCEMENT it is embarrassing and a slap in the face to Trump's base. People are struggling and losing their country. They're begging for real action—not childish stunts like this."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How can anyone say this other than the most superficial of opinions? Today it costs a billion to run for President win or lose. Where is this money going to come from? I do not think that folks realize that Trump does not have that much cash, his money is in real estate holdings. That and he is not that rich, for perspective, he cannot buy an NFL team outright because his entire wealth is likely not enough.

Would it be better if Trump were fundraising from fat-cat donors or giving his supporters a little something for donations? Trump raised $4.5 million in a couple of days from supporters and good folk on INGO are buying the elite narrative that it is somehow bad.

The truth is, the card/fundraising deal accomplished a couple of things it raised money and it raised awareness of his policy speech.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Serious question, why are you fixated on them? There are probably over 12 posts from you bringing them up.

I'm not disputing your right to talk about whatever you want. Curious about why this seems to be an issue that overrides everything else (trade, defense, jobs, etc.).

Again, no offense is intended.
    I posted that again as a response to the second previous post above mine otherwise I would not have thought to revisit it.. Make no mistake I'm coming from a position that I want Trump to succeed on his policies and IMO not do things to distract the focus away from that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How can anyone say this other than the most superficial of opinions? Today it costs a billion to run for President win or lose. Where is this money going to come from? I do not think that folks realize that Trump does not have that much cash, his money is in real estate holdings. That and he is not that rich, for perspective, he cannot buy an NFL team outright because his entire wealth is likely not enough.

Would it be better if Trump were fundraising from fat-cat donors or giving his supporters a little something for donations? Trump raised $4.5 million in a couple of days from supporters and good folk on INGO are buying the elite narrative that it is somehow bad.

The truth is, the card/fundraising deal accomplished a couple of things it raised money and it raised awareness of his policy speech.
    You are not answering my question. Would your opinion be that same as if DeSantis were to have done something like that? I'm betting it wouldn't. That was my point.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You are not answering my question. Would your opinion be that same as if DeSantis were to have done something like that? I'm betting it wouldn't. That was my point.
    So you accuse me of being a hypocrite? Why would I care if any candidate sold cards? There is nothing wrong with selling promotional products to fund a campaign. Far better than being beholden to big money donors. But you are a pro at spouting the narratives of the enemies of Trump list…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Isn't wizzo Air Force? I think the Navy uses RIO.
    Started out Air Force, from WSO (weapon systems officer), but that could be a non-flying crew member. Came to be a much more generic term for a back seater from any service - like Kleenex or skidoo became a generic catch-all term

The guy doing that job in 52s is in a deadman seat and is an EWOk. I don't know what they're being called in B1s, B2s or later. Beyond the time any family members were active duty

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    Not only that, though very sound marketing, the whole shebang raised awareness of his policy speech. And I believe that the motive for the cards.

He can troll with the best…
    I really wanna buy one.

Bought and sold well over $2M in NFTs in the last 15 months.

One thing I know for sure, eventually the price will crash.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I supported him. He lost. He let us down. But he lost. So I never liked him much after that, because I don't like losers.

That sound familiar? Isn't that what we 're supposed [always] to say?
    Why, yes - yes, it does sound familiar

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'd like a president that does'nt have to continuously stroke their enormous egos with things like their own Super Ego trading cards that makes them look needlessly foolish and egotistical and opens the door for ridicule. They don't do things like that if they want people to take them and their policies seriously. [acts in a way that I consider to be presidential, even if they have no proven desire or capability to get things done in a hostile venue]
    A Republican Obama, then. Got it

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's a version of 'show me the man I'll show you the crime'

It's what comes from beginning from the premise that you can't back Trump and then finding the evidence to support the foregone conclusion

IMO there is a bit of 'great white hope' syndrome mixed in, too

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Stand that on its head. What would YOUR opinion be of it if Competence Man had done something like that? Or if Rand Paul was for returning to the gold standard because he and his dad own a lot of gold which potentially could vastly increase in value - oh, wait ...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So you accuse me of being a hypocrite? Why would I care if any candidate sold cards? There is nothing wrong with selling promotional products to fund a campaign. Far better than being beholden to big money donors. But you are a pro at spouting the narratives of the enemies of Trump list…
    Maybe he wanted a T-shirt

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm just saying that I don't believe for one minute that you or Bug honestly would have had the same reaction if DeSantis were hawking promotional products depicting himself as a Superhero. You can deny it all you want; I'm not buying it.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    In the interest of being fair I did a search and found DeSantis had put out promotional cards seven months ago, which I was not aware of, while he was campaigning again for Governor of himself in his college days as a baseball player at Yale, which he actually was, with the campaign slogan of "AMERICA'S GOVERNOR x AMERICA'S PASTIME".

Maybe that's where Trump got the idea and perhaps it could be used by Trump supporters to say that he did it intentionally that way as a mockery of DeSantis. I can see how It could certainly be spun that way. My answer to that would be that it ended up being a mockery of himself.

I'll man up and admit that they both did it for the same reason to raise campaign funds. I could've swept this under the rug and tried not to bring attention to it but I'm sure someone else would have eventually come across it, so I decided to level the field somewhat in the interest of fairness and posted the search results myself as soon as I became aware of it.

1671473652837.png

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd like a president that does'nt have to continuously stroke their enormous egos with things like their own Super Ego trading cards that makes them look needlessly foolish and egotistical and opens the door for ridicule. They don't do things like that if they want people to take them and their policies seriously.

I would like to know from any Trump supporters who possibly try to spin that as a positive if their opinion would be the same as if DeSantis were to have done something like that. My opinion would be the same as it was for Trump.
    Affirmative. When DeSantis made that add suggesting he was sent from God they were able to spot that as horse****. I think Trump called him DeSanctimonious. And If DeSantis meant that add as being serious, it's a fair call. If Trump claimed such, they'd all just consider that part of the Trump Train.

Reactions: KG1

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

:rofl:

wait. you're serious.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So your claim is Trumps sales $ went to his campaign chest not his personal fortune?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Is Kari Lake jockeying for a VP slot on the 2024 Ticket? Trump/Lake 2024.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom