• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You mean you are not a member of the Democratic or Republican national committee who decide who is on the ballot?
    Less we forget the Republican national party took total control from us back in 2012.

For democrats it was the creation of super delegates(they actually have much less power after 2020...when few voted for Biden and could do little to sway who the party chooses now,they changed power by applying similar rules to the Republican party after super delegates nearly cost Biden the nomination).
    Kinda funny that back then, anti-MAGA Trump hating Amash is described as a conservative…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you have to decide you hate Trump first, then that makes it easier to come up with reasons for it

Kind of the reverse of the process where you decide you want DeSantis and then discover the 'reasons' why he's [not]YourGuy
    I think that is true, and to prove the logic, the opposite should also be true. You have to decide you like Trump first which helps you come up with reasons that support that position. You’re merely describing bias.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems more like pointing out hypocrisy to me…
    That’s not hypocrisy per se. It’s literally how bias works. I don’t get too hung up on people claiming hypocrisy anymore. What good does it do? Has anyone you’ve accused of hypocrisy, whether true or not, ever said, you knownwhat? You’re right. I’m gonna amend my position right now. It’s a human trait. Everyone is a hypocrite about something, at least a little. It’s more useful to speak in terms of logical consistency. Don’t you think?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think that is true, and to prove the logic, the opposite should also be true. You have to decide you like Trump first which helps you come up with reasons that support that position. You’re merely describing bias.
    Merely!? Nothing I do can be adequately described by so lowly an adverb! Hrumpf :drama:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is years old and irrelevant. It never ceases to amaze me that conservatives cannot let their representatives do politics. In politics, especially in round table meetings, it is often a ploy to say what adversaries want to hear to diffuse a tense situation. What bills did he support or ask for related to this? None.

Dem candidates in purple districts often say what they have no intention of voting for and no one says a thing to them. Why? They understand what the they must say to win. Winning back then for those who forgot was diffusing congress, including republicans, from passing gun control.

How many gun control bills were passed when Trump was president? Yep, None…

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is years old and irrelevant. It never ceases to amaze me that conservatives cannot let their representatives do politics. In politics, especially in round table meetings, it is often a ploy to say what adversaries want to hear to diffuse a tense situation. What bills did he support or ask for related to this? None.

Dem candidates in purple districts often say what they have no intention of voting for and no one says a thing to them. Why? They understand what the they must say to win. Winning back then for those who forgot was diffusing congress, including republicans, from passing gun control.

How many gun control bills were passed when Trump was president? Yep, None…
    LOL.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I mean at some point one must accept that one’s hero isn’t perfect. Especially when it becomes obvious he’s not. Why cling to the image of perfection?
    It's ok to admit when your guy ****s the bed. Even people as perfect as me and you do it on occasion ;) .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom