Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    No, no! I think we're supposed to believe that DeSantis - who even his own party doesn't want - will save us. I assume by somehow magically outperforming the margin of cheating within the electorate as a whole, even though he can't seem to get within 40 points of the man the people theoretically most aligned with his policies and ideas REALLY want

It is good to see INGO still believes in miracles

I don't think anyone is pushing DeSantis very hard anymore. I think the TDS people want there to be an alternative. And frankly I'd prefer an alternative. I don't think that's likely.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I disagree that the goal for people who would rather have someone other than Trump, should be to make sure he wins the general. It may be a high likelihood he's the nominee. We still have to play the game. Primary season has barely begun. It's still roughly 2 months until Iowa Caucus.

But, my point was that we can almost concede that Trump will be the nominee. And there are exactly two outcomes from that. @HKFaninCarmel needs to prepare himself for the most likely choice. We've tasted both worlds. Which world is better than the other?
    My point is always that at the point one concedes Trump is inevitable, then one should do all possible to make sure he wins the general if one truly does not want ClownWorldLeft™ - and he certainly does not have to win the entire primary process to before he becomes inevitable, so you should be planning to be able to move to Phase Two early

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think anyone is pushing DeSantis very hard anymore. I think the TDS people want there to be an alternative. And frankly I'd prefer an alternative. I don't think that's likely.
    If you write off DeSantis, then the alternatives the TDS people want have to be either
    Haley, Ramaswamy, or Christie. None of them has a prayer, nor should they - although I believe legacy media is going to push Haley because she has shown she will happily will play the game by their rules

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I disagree that the goal for people who would rather have someone other than Trump, should be to make sure he wins the general. It may be a high likelihood he's the nominee. We still have to play the game. Primary season has barely begun. It's still roughly 2 months until Iowa Caucus.

But, my point was that we can almost concede that Trump will be the nominee. And there are exactly two outcomes from that. @HKFaninCarmel needs to prepare himself for the most likely choice. We've tasted both worlds. Which world is better than the other?
    No votes have been cast and Trump is not sealing a majority (>50%) yet in the early states. I’m more inclined for this.

There’s 0 chance I ever vote Democrat. I just don’t think Trump can win. I also don’t love him.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No votes have been cast and Trump is not sealing a majority (>50%) yet in the early states. I’m more inclined for this.

There’s 0 chance I ever vote Democrat. I just don’t think Trump can win. I also don’t love him.

I question how DeSantis is going to do better in the "getting things done" and the "personnel" department when his campaign has been a dumpster fire. I don't hate the guy or anything, I just question his abilities given what he's presented to the voters.

Trump already proved his competency with how life was under him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think DeSantis is smarter and more competent than Trump. In also think he has a low probability chance of winning, even if it’s a lower risk. I’ve not changed my mind. If DeSantis is viable in May, I’ll vote for him. I suspect he’ll be done by then.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I question how DeSantis is going to do better in the "getting things done" and the "personnel" department when his campaign has been a dumpster fire. I don't hate the guy or anything, I just question his abilities given what he's presented to the voters.

Interesting take. Trumps team was in constant transition and chaos.

DeSantis- like him or not- has executed quite well as governor. Life in Florida under covid was better than anywhere else and even Trump pressured him to shut **** down.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

DeSantis- like him or not- has executed quite well as governor. Life in Florida under covid was better than anywhere else and even Trump pressured him to shut **** down.

Trump's team was always a revolving door, but food was cheap, and I wasn't hurting for money or work.

As for DeSantis, how does someone as competent as you think he is, end up manning a campaign with such disastrous people? And what is the assurance that wouldn't end up being the case for his cabinet?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-

DeSantis had a willing majority to follow him in his state. I know of no way Trump could have predicted how many back stabbers and deep state operatives there were in the establishment. Now that he knows “the lay of the land“ so to speak, he may now have the experience to choose his support staff more wisely (at least I hope so).

The waters in Washington are so muddy, I don’t see how anybody could tell who’s who.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

This is kinda what DeSantis is good at. He is absolutely ass at political instincts. His strength is policy, and implementation, at least when it doesn't involve political instincts.

For example, he thought he could score political points with the anti-woke crowd over the Disney ****. Which he did. But that turned into a political turd. He's kinda getting bailed out on that though because Disney is swirling around the toilet currently. And South Park: The Panderverse is a masterpiece. I highly recommend it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think Trump would be more successful with his team if could pick people for better reasons than they're the only ones he could get. The establishment has made him completely toxic to anyone thinking of serving in his administration.
    I think if he wins he'll have an even harder time with fielding an administration because people are afraid the mob will come after them. And then there's the DOJ weaponization. They've sent a clear message, serve for Trump and they'll come after you.

A state or two didn't shut down at all. So I wouldn't quite say better than anywhere. It took DeSantis awhile to switch directions so that could have been much better. But to his credit, when he did flip directions, it actually worked out better for everyone. I think the draconian covid policies would have been around way longer if FL hadn't mocked them. His handling of that was excellent.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Trump's team was always a revolving door, but food was cheap, and I wasn't hurting for money or work.

As for DeSantis, how does someone as competent as you think he is, end up manning a campaign with such disastrous people? And what is the assurance that wouldn't end up being the case for his cabinet?
    What disastrous people?
    His results in Florida are undeniable.

Which bad people did he hire? Sidney Powell? Roger Stone? Lawyers testifying against him?
    The Philly back alley press conference team?

Again- Trump was fine then, but times and Trump have changed. It’s not like he’s the only one.
    Don’t forget Trump shot himself in the foot in 2020. His debates were terrible. He lost to the basement candidate and his message was a loser.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Which bad people did he hire? Sidney Powell? Roger Stone? Lawyers testifying against him?
    Again, this is a problem but not the way you think it is, it is a problem because few, if any, were experts in election law, It was widely reported with glee that the swamp had put those that were experts on notice they would be blackballed if they represented Trump.

This is not justice as our founders believed….

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Again, this is a problem but not the way you think it is, it is a problem because few, if any, were experts in election law, It was widely reported with glee that the swamp had put those that were experts on notice they would be blackballed if they represented Trump.

This is not justice as our founders believed….
    Seems like we need someone less constrained to represent us.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What disastrous people?
    His results in Florida are undeniable.

Again- Trump was fine then, but times and Trump have changed. It’s not like he’s the only one.
    Don’t forget Trump shot himself in the foot in 2020. His debates were terrible. He lost to the basement candidate and his message was a loser.

I don't know who DeSantis had running his campaign, so it's hard for me to point out exactly who is responsible for what. He had some major edge lords running his social media stuff early on that really hurt his campaign.

If you would have seen the posts you'd be pretty upset with him given your posts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here’s an example of DeSantis’s horrible political instincts. He wanted to be the evangelical’s choice. A solid voter bloc from which he could build. So he thought putting out an ad of anonymous surrogates saying he was sent by God, would capture some of that endearment Trump has. That blew up in his face.

We can say what we want about Ramaswamy’s sincerity, but the guy knows how to play in the America-first lane without causing a collective :rolleyes: by voters.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    This is a common disconnect, if the candidate does not seem constrained by the swamp, they are a member of it…
    If your candidate isn’t dumping your donation on lawyers, your candidate isn’t edgy enough.

I don't know who DeSantis had running his campaign, so it's hard for me to point out exactly who is responsible for what. He had some major edge lords running his social media stuff early on that really hurt his campaign.

If you would have seen the posts you'd be pretty upset with him given your posts.
    Did he fire them?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If your candidate isn’t dumping your donation on lawyers, your candidate isn’t edgy enough.

Did he fire them?
    Yeah. Still ain’t working. This would be a bad time in the game to remake himself. Since his political/campaign instincts suck so bad, he really needs to hire someone who’s instincts don’t suck. It’s prolly too late.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Grassley has never had a close race. Ernst won before Trump ever announced. This is a joke. The Governor (who endorsed DeSantis) only had a close race in 2018, when Trump was in office.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom