• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's almost like he donated to the Clintons and failed to deliver on his promises.

Might be why his 40s poll numbers are now 30s.

Or once he received the power to do these things he got cold feet. He was never much of one to actually apply power.

That's one of my big hang ups with him, he's too soft. And being too soft is why we're in this mess now. If he leveraged the power, all of these people currently trying to put him behind bars would be behind bars and no longer a threat.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know in politics spin happens. One politician tries to paint the opposition in a light that makes the opponent look less favorable while glossing over his own warts. It’s important for us voters to know what happened and not be gaslit.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Or once he received the power to do these things he got cold feet. He was never much of one to actually apply power.

That's one of my big hang ups with him, he's too soft. And being too soft is why we're in this mess now. If he leveraged the power, all of these people currently trying to put him behind bars would be behind bars and no longer a threat.
    OR ... if he had ruthlessly exercised power outside of accepted (at that time) norms without first demonstrating just how evil the deep state actually is, he might have given greater credibility to the 'Orange Hitler' narrative and had an even harder time accomplishing anything worthwhile and we would be worse off than we are now - assuming that is even possible

Power is a double edged sword with no hilt, I can't blame him for grasping it cautiously

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

OR he didn't really care and just wanted the power. He's not driven by issues right now, just revenge.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Doug in Exhile saying black support for Biden dropping like a rock and more blacks now backing Trump by as much as 20%. If my math is right and it seldom is, that would give Trump over 5 million more black votes than he got last election.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Doug in Exhile saying black support for Biden dropping like a rock and more blacks now backing Trump by as much as 20%. If my math is right and it seldom is, that would give Trump over 5 million more black votes than he got last election.

Well, there's people, black or white, that could either...
    1) don't vote in the past, won't vote in the future, just whine about it, therefore no effect.
    2) voted for the Left in the past, can't stand what has happened, but can't vote for the Right, therefore will just sit it out, which gives one less vote to the left
    3) voted for the left in the past..... and will vote for the right, therefore one less vote for the left AND one more vote for the right.

Of course, that also applies to the right.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well, there's people, black or white, that could either...
    1) don't vote in the past, won't vote in the future, just whine about it, therefore no effect.
    2) voted for the Left in the past, can't stand what has happened, but can't vote for the Right, therefore will just sit it out, which gives one less vote to the left
    3) voted for the left in the past..... and will vote for the right, therefore one less vote for the left AND one more vote for the right.

Of course, that also applies to the right.
    Those after midnight ballot box drops will fix all that and instantly give the democrat candidate the advantage just like it did in the last several elections for president, governor, and senate seats.
    I highly doubt election integrity has improved for this next election in a majority of states.
    Will probably see more box drops, and a record amount of votes again for Biden if he's still alive to be voted for.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Those after midnight ballot box drops will fix all that and instantly give the democrat candidate the advantage just like it did in the last several elections for president, governor, and senate seats.
    I highly doubt election integrity has improved for this next election in a majority of states.
    Will probably see more box drops, and a record amount of votes again for Biden if he's still alive to be voted for.

I bet the FBI already knows which one if its cyber-geeks will be pulling a double on November 5 2024.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I saw a headline yesterday where, apparently, that smug SOB Newsome was lamenting covid lockdowns, etc. (I didn’t listen/watch to any of them because I loathe that man). Will the eventual democrat nominee get to the right of the apparent republican nominee on covid?

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It does not call them fake, which they are, which also means that the controversy is fake.

Willis’ indictment alleges that Shafer and others “unlawfully falsely held themselves out” as Georgia’s “duly elected and qualified” presidential electors. It further alleges that these persons, assisted by Trump campaign lawyer Ray Smith, deliberately sought to “mislead” officials such as Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger and Vice President Mike Pence “into believing that they actually were such officers.”
    as with so much else in Willis’ fanciful indictment, it turns out that the “fake electors” claim is complete nonsense. And even worse, it has come to light that, when Willis and her team of creative writers drafted the indictment, they were in possession of a transcript of a December 14, 2020 meeting of the Georgia Republican electors that thoroughly undermines the prosecution’s “fake electors” fantasy. The transcript spells out in detail that the Republican’s designation of alternate electors was not part of a scam. To the contrary, the clearly stated purpose was to legally preserve Trump’s ongoing legal challenge to Georgia’s election results.

That transcript begins with Chairman (and now Defendant) Shafer calling to order “this meeting of the Republican nominees for the Electoral College from the State of Georgia.”
    “what happened in 1960 in Hawaii” pertained to a dispute over that state’s electoral votes in the presidential election between Richard Nixon and John Kennedy. In that contest, although Hawaii’s Republican governor initially certified the election for Nixon, the Republican and Democrat electors proceeded to vote for their respective candidates.

This preserved Kennedy’s challenge to the outcome pending a recount which later awarded the state’s electoral votes to the Democrat.

Similarly, Trump’s legal challenge was pending in court when the Republican slate of electors met. Consequently, if the court had later found in Trump’s favor, the votes cast by the so-called “fake electors” would have been certified and counted by the Electoral College.

In short, the actions of the Republican “nominees for the Electoral College from the State of Georgia” were legally indistinguishable from those of Kennedy’s electors in 1960.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That was my understanding all along as I have posted several times…

In the Smith indictment they allegedly have communications between Trump’s lawyers where one of them referred to Trump’s electors as “fake”. It’s why I used that term. Did you read the indictment?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the Smith indictment they allegedly have communications between Trump’s lawyers where one of them referred to Trump’s electors as “fake”. It’s why I used that term. Did you read the indictment?
    I do not see the big deal about this; do you think they didn’t run this by a lot of legal minds?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom