Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This!

“Pollster Richard Baris argues that with Trump's substantial 38-point average lead, according to RealClearPolitics, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) cannot catch up before the general election.“

“Baris says there is a "Trump or Bust" vote, meaning voters will not show up to the polls if the former president is not on the ballot. So hypothetically, even if DeSantis won the GOP nominee, he wouldn't attract the same voters as Trump.“

"It's not mathematically possible [for DeSantis to win the general election without the MAGA vote], AND the reason is what we've been focusing on all year. The 'Trump OR Bust' vote is bigger than the NeverTrump (all parties) vote," Baris tweeted.“

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    What assurances could they offer Trump that they could be trusted not to renege upon? The depth of their perfidy has been proven to know no bounds
    Seriously? What planet have you been vacationing upon?

Trump has eventually **** on every... single... ally he's ever had. Everyone in his orb is expendable... sooner or later they all end up under the bus.

Perfidy thy name is Trump!

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    "Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, then we win the election." - Donald Trump Jan 6th

"Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected." - the plan according to the Eastman memo

Coup attempt? Nah....

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It starts with the first Primary or Caucus. The rest is just pregame theatrics.
    That is just silliness. The actual vote is the culmination of the individual primary in the primary season. Those “pregame theatrics” are the first innings of the game. More critical work is being done right now to secure the nomination than next year.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is just silliness. The actual vote is the culmination of the individual primary in the primary season. Those “pregame theatrics” are the first innings of the game. More critical work is being done right now to secure the nomination than next year.
    Until the votes are tabulated it means nothing though. A lot can happen in the next years to change things.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Until the votes are tabulated it means nothing though. A lot can happen in the next years to change things.
    The vote is the scoring at the end of the game not the game itself. Right now everyone is playing for field position with the first score to be posted on January 15th, not years. We can clearly see where all the racers are positioned in the field.

Yep, a lot can happen in the game, but make no mistake, it is on…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What did he do? You guys are big on claiming “deep state”. Did Trump do anything or not? You’re not gonna answer that question because you’re just quarreling.
    You're one of the ones claiming he did nothing, back up the claim

I've already told you I think it's bull****, so don't expect me to somehow feel obligated to answer that question

Just back up your bull**** for once with actual data/citations

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What did he do? You guys are big on claiming “deep state”. Did Trump [not] do anything or not? You’re not gonna answer that question because you’re just quarreling.
    Fixy

I would think someone who carefully looks at all sides of an issue before making decisions would easily be able to back up his opinions. Don't you ever bookmark any of that material that you theoretically carefully examine?

Deflection from actually backing anything up to how I brought up one of the other claims you never back up incoming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Because if Mike Pence does the right thing, then we win the election." - Donald Trump Jan 6th

"Pence then gavels President Trump as re-elected." - the plan according to the Eastman memo

Coup attempt? Nah....

Nope, the coup attempt happened much earlier, Trump was just trying to find some leverage to fight against the coup without any sort of roadmap

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    This!

“Pollster Richard Baris argues that with Trump's substantial 38-point average lead, according to RealClearPolitics, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) cannot catch up before the general election.“

“Baris says there is a "Trump or Bust" vote, meaning voters will not show up to the polls if the former president is not on the ballot. So hypothetically, even if DeSantis won the GOP nominee, he wouldn't attract the same voters as Trump.“

"It's not mathematically possible [for DeSantis to win the general election without the MAGA vote], AND the reason is what we've been focusing on all year. The 'Trump OR Bust' vote is bigger than the NeverTrump (all parties) vote," Baris tweeted.“

Seems to ignore how toxic the Trump brand is to the center and several in the party who dislike Biden but won’t vote Trump. DeSantis does way better in head to heads with Biden. Someone like Burgum would win by ten.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It starts with the first Primary or Caucus. The rest is just pregame theatrics.
    I think it's fair to say that the first debate, which is clearly a campaign act leading up to Iowa, is reasonably a start. Or, one might even say it's at the point where it's too late to get on the ballot in the first caucus/primary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're one of the ones claiming he did nothing, back up the claim

I've already told you I think it's bull****, so don't expect me to somehow feel obligated to answer that question

Just back up your bull**** for once with actual data/citations

The evidence is the hopelessly loyal Trumpers crying because Trump lost, blaming the deep state the whole way. If that's not evidence of a robust deep state even more powerful than the one Trump apparently defeated in 2016, then I don't know what is.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Fixy

I would think someone who carefully looks at all sides of an issue before making decisions would easily be able to back up his opinions. Don't you ever bookmark any of that material that you theoretically carefully examine?

Deflection from actually backing anything up to how I brought up one of the other claims you never back up incoming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
    Never? I'm gonna have to ask for proof of that.

I gave you your evidence. Oh. another think you'll need to back up with evidence. You keep saying I claim I "carefully look at all sides before making decisions". Prove it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom