• ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Those prepared to donate time and/or money to his re-election effort

You know that ground game you all are always on about? Do you think that is delivered by all - or even mostly - paid staffers? Or is it maybe reliant on volunteers
    Those are the ones like you that are true believers. You really think that others are going to suddenly become so enamored of him that they will become volunteers in his reelection campaign?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe you should have taken your own advice 6 months or so ago

The DeSantis cavalry isn't coming

Are you prepared for the fact that given current circumstances if not Trump it might be Haley?

Hell. It could be the fat ass pussbag. Not all that likely. But it could be. Doesn’t mean I’m gonna start sucking Trump’s ****. You do your thing. I’ll do mine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The leading candidate of each party shouldn't be hiding from debates. His ideas should be good enough to present.
    You think that’s what they do at presidential debates? When the first debate happened, Tucker Carlson dropped his interview with Trump. He laid out his ideas. In a Trumpian way of course. Inarticulate, sophomoric speech. But, he got to speak about what he wanted to do. What did the “debaters” do? They preened. Debates are stupid. We should probably stop having them except for the entertainment value.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    You think that’s what they do at presidential debates? When the first debate happened, Tucker Carlson dropped his interview with Trump. He laid out his ideas. In a Trumpian way of course. Inarticulate, sophomoric speech. But, he got to speak about what he wanted to do. What did the “debaters” do? They preened. Debates are stupid. We should probably stop having them except for the entertainment value.
    Debates are tenet of democracy. We need people to explain the vision in front of each other, not to retreat to their ideological corners and dump talking points on prepared questions. What DeSantis did with Newsom was great as well. I don’t think it is too much to ask.

If Biden and Trump didn’t debate, that would be a sad moment for the country.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Debates are tenet of democracy. We need people to explain the vision in front of each other, not to retreat to their ideological corners and dump talking points on prepared questions. What DeSantis did with Newsom was great as well. I don’t think it is too much to ask.

If Biden and Trump didn’t debate, that would be a sad moment for the country.
    Then have debates. What the presidential candidates have done so far is preening. Requiring anyone to be a part of that is just beating off.

I don’t see either Biden or Trump debating, assuming those will be the ones facing off.

It’s being rumored at least that Biden may be withdrawing. So I think that would invite a number of ClownWorld™ candidates into the race on the D side. Probably Newsom would be chief clown. He’d probably wipe the floor with Trump. Unfortunately.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    George and the gang were losing their mind on GMA this morning. Trump said that he would not be a dictator in his Town Hall with Hannity except on Day 1 when he would do what he had to, to close the border and open up drilling. George felt that meant he was going to be a dictator and go after his opponents. Even though he never said that during his response.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Which one did Trump do in his first four years?

bam.gif

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    "Debates" have devolved into long version sound bites and talking points.
    They have become more of a sport, rather than a tool of democracy.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Take the recent forensic food fight on Fox News, charitably described by some as a debate, between Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis and California’s Gavin Newsom. Please. The usual political outlets parsed this non-event to the third decimal place, viewing it from all angles, testing it with focus groups, consulting their mood rings. All this madcap measurement of the effect on the cosmos and the American electorate of an event Nielsen Media Research found that only 4.7 million viewers watched. Also, according to Nielsen, only 742,000 of the 25-to-54 demographic that advertisers drool over were on hand.
    To put this in perspective, 4.7 million viewers out of 335 million Americans means about 98.5 percent of Americans did not tune in.
    If DeSantis were counting on this event to help him head off Hurricane Donald before the caucuses and primaries, he must be sorely disappointed. And if Newsom hoped this would improve his chances of replacing President Magoo on the 2024 ballot, he too will have to regroup.
    None of this is to suggest that politics is not important. Thanks to our ever-metastasizing administrative state, spurred on by left-wing crazies at the top whose goal is to micro-manage every moment of our lives, politics is more important than it’s ever been in my long life. But most Americanos know where they fit on the spectrum and which politicians they fancy, which they loathe. This being the case, the appetite for watching politicians lob predictable talking points and insults at each other is severely limited.
    The anemic viewership numbers for televised political “debates,” regardless of the lineup, may also reflect the unconscionable length of American campaigns that are wearing on both candidates and voters

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I'll gladly be that guy.

We are a republic, and the Founders, and eventually the Framers, knew a republic was the best way to preserve natural born rights. Democracies become mob rule. Madison warned against the passions and impulses of the mob in Federalist 10. In a mob, the right of the individual is never considered.

You may think I'm arguing semantics but words have meaning.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I’m just going to leave this here… she is a “republican” right?

Sounds more and more like shameless book promotion.

Always follow the money

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    "Debates" have devolved into long version sound bites and talking points.
    They have become more of a sport, rather than a tool of democracy.
    It's not like they can say much more in a minute or so. I'm not so sure their handlers want them spouting off more than that though. A lot of them tend to wander off and say stupid :poop:

Top Bottom