• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This illustrates why I am so skeptical about some of your sources.
    INGO is not a book report. It is a discussion. Folks that nit pic points made from one’s head take all the fun out of the discussion and likely one of the reasons why so many folks don’t participate.

Take my point for example, I know over 330 million people are in the US so rather than look up a precise number, as one would for a book report, I threw out a number, a number that has no bearing on the point that there are hundreds of millions more than two choices, it is only by narrowly looking at the end of the process does one see only two choices. Alas, every election since I have been on INGO it has proven very rare that anyone says anything about candidates until the actual election, almost never during the candidate selection process before the primary elections.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    Well, if they think that a Trump loss coupled with huge down ballot defeats will shock someone like me to vote for a mamby- pamby republican next time around I have news for them it ain't gonna happen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    100% not true.
    You're not good at math.

There are well over 300 million candidates to choose from.
    You're not good at counting. Or words. I mean I think you're using "candidates" a bit too loosely. Also you don't seem to grasp scale and how that works against your uh, interesting theory.

Please show me where the limits are to just two candidates to choose from. You can legally write in ANY candidate you wish and any candidate with serious support can get on the named ballot. Over 10,000 did a write in vote in 2016 in Indiana.
    So. Which one of those candidates won? Hmm?

The imaginary two are after a multi-year elimination process of deadlines, filings and signatures. The people can choose who they want to choose. The facile argument is that they don’t have that right just because they do not exercise it.
    You have exactly two choices for President. And of course we're talking about practical choices. There's no law that they're must be exactly two choices.

Only one of those two candidates will be elected President, unless for some reason someone is forced out. Like Biden was. You may not understand this--you probably don't--that you're not actually making an is argument. You're making a ought argument. I'm saying how it is in practice. And you're wishing that it would be the way you think it ought to be in theory. You think people ought to be as engaged as you pretend to be, and that it's their fault if they're not. But, scale and human nature bitch slap your ought.

It is hard to accept that the only reason in this country you must choose between the lessor candidates is because YOU failed to recruit, support, fund, get out the votes, and convince enough of your fellow Americans your way is the right way. So it is your fault.
    Oh really? Which presidential candidate did you recruit that won? Hmmm?

Who are you voting for this time? One of the two? Or are you writing someone in? We have a two party system. It's not written in law. It did not start this way. It evolved naturally because of the voting system that's been implemented makes it inevitable, given human nature.

This can be explained with game theory. Voting for one of the top two parties is the safest vote when scaled to the level of society. People consider who other people will vote for. No one is gonna vote for your one of 300 million candidates, unless he/she is backed by one of the major parties. You can't fix that with wishing. If you don't have a major party's backing, you're not gonna be President. That's a fact. It's not going to change unless something else changes. It is not as simple as just back your one in 300 million candidates. That's nonsense.

Side point. The above is why TPTB are going after the first amendment so vociferously…

No. You even got that wrong. TPTB are going after the first amendment because the internet has made it possible for ordinary people to spread information counter to the established narrative on a given topic of concern. The legacy media is losing control of information, so they're quite happy to play their part to help end free speech.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    you sound like an a******. The point stands whether it is 100 million or 300 million, it ain’t two.

A contribution on the discussion would be welcome…
    Wow.

And.

It's two.

If you're not backed by R's or D's, you're not going to be president. And parties come and go. Whatever the top two parties are, if you're not backed by one of them, you're not gonna be President. Them's the raw cold facts of American politics.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

American citizens do not need a government efficiency commission.

American citizens need a Constitutional compliance commission, which assesses the United States Code against each provision of the Constitution and invalidates all contrary to the 9th & 10th amendments. (And all of the relevant restrictions placed upon the federal government)

Regulations under the purview of the executive branch need to have their enforcement immediately stopped.

The output of the Constitutional compliance commission should be a single proposed law provided to the Congress for a straight up or down vote. The executive has found these laws, I'm sure a quite long list, violate the constitutions 9th and 10th amendments and are therefore requested to be rescinded to restore constitutional government. It would only take a Thomas Massie, and a Rand Paul to get these before their respective legislative bodies.

Back the uniparty into a corner where they either need to defend continued unconstitutional laws, or vote to repeal them.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    $crew the Trump Skeptical Republicans. :tantrum:
    Go ahead and vote for that POS Harris and Walz and watch the whole country burn down both economically and as a superpower in the world.
    The whole country will go down like this - :toilet2: !

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    $crew the Trump Skeptical Republicans. :tantrum:
    Go ahead and vote for that POS Harris and Walz and watch the whole country burn down both economically and as a superpower in the world.
    The whole country will go down like this - :toilet2: !
    While I can sympathize with the sentiment, I been told that too many times to believe it this time. Can never find anyone willing to wager on it.

I did however, know a guy who made a few thousand betting a guy who was convinced Trump would come back after Jan 6th and be installed as president.

Top Bottom