• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    At the minimum your car was produced by equipment that was in part funded by government subsidies, Do you not acknowledge that the entire EV industry from components to assembly has been subsidized in various ways by government?

That you challenge this is downright funny, you have this false notion that since your car didn’t have the tax credits no taxpayer money was involved. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    We are subsidizing factories in Korea? That's your play?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We are subsidizing factories in Korea? That's your play?
    It really is not that difficult if one follows the money. Did the KIA/Hyundai cars ever get tax credits for EV? Then their production of EV’s was subsidized. The funny part is how loud they screamed when they got left off the list. So it wasn’t eschewance of government largess, it was that they got screwed by bidet, the expectation was built into their EV production plans.

Is your play to deny they have received tax money?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    @KLB did you not get the $7,500 federal EV rebate when you bought that EV?

I didn't get one when I bought my ICE pickup....so yes, my tax dollars helped pay for your car.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    @KLB did you not get the $7,500 federal EV rebate when you bought that EV?

I didn't get one when I bought my ICE pickup....so yes, my tax dollars helped pay for your car.
    People really shouldn't say things they know nothing about. Nope. They made it so foreign cars didn't qualify for the incentive, plus my car cost over the limit to qualify even if it had been made in the US.

So, NO. Your tax dollars had no part in paying for my car.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    People really shouldn't say things they know nothing about. Nope. They made it so foreign cars didn't qualify for the incentive, plus my car cost over the limit to qualify even if it had been made in the US.

Good to know not all EVs qualify. I have ZERO interest in an EV, which would be why I didn't know...

That said, not sure why someone would buy an EV that doesn't qualify for a $7,500 rebate...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    She‘s definitely easy to look at but physical attractiveness isn’t very high on my list for the qualifications I look for when considering which attorney to hire. I hope, since Trump only hires the best, this hire works out for him.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Good to know not all EVs qualify. I have ZERO interest in an EV, which would be why I didn't know...

That said, not sure why someone would buy an EV that doesn't qualify for a $7,500 rebate...
    Because I have a crossover SUV that goes 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. Comparable ICE SUVs cost quite a bit more.

Throttle response. Electric cars don't have transmissions. No cruising in a high gear and then having to downshift when you hit the accelerator. I punch it and the car takes off.

It is a lot cheaper to charge this car than put gas into one of those others. I drive it and when I get a bit low, I plug it in and charge it at home.

Isn't freedom great? I get to buy my electric supercar and you get to choose not to. 'merica

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    She‘s definitely easy to look at but physical attractiveness isn’t very high on my list for the qualifications I look for when considering which attorney to hire. I hope, since Trump only hires the best, this hire works out for him.

He better get a new lawyer, or he is going to jail. She is all looks and not much else.

Also, totally not a cult.

1704483694399.png

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Only ONE SIDE butting in. Buy and pay for your own car. Leave me and my tax dollars out of it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

At one time foreign cars did

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The auto manufacturers are bailout compromised to build and their paid mouthpieces the auto rags push it. How is that not political.
    So to fabricate a political relationship you have to bring in the bailouts, which really have nothing to do with the relationship between manufacturers and the automobile media. It’s simple. Manufacturers buy ads from the automotive media. The media doesn’t want to **** off their advertisers. Crony relationships ensue.

The very topics you guys bring up mean you have no clue, those are years old. Sage Steele, Jemel Hill, look at what us going on now.
    Uh. Both of those are ESPN. Which I mentioned as an example sports and politics together. Listen to any local sports newscast. Not talking about politics other than sports politics. Like stealing opponents signs and ****.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

So is she faking being smart?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Name them. I'll wait.

Some other cars previously getting rebates in no way means I got anything from them.

Isn’t there a federal tax credit for EV’s? Isn’t that effectively tax payer money?

ETA: even if you did not get the credit, the point remains that tax dollars should not be used to prop up an industry, and they are.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At the minimum your car was produced by equipment that was in part funded by government subsidies, Do you not acknowledge that the entire EV industry from components to assembly has been subsidized in various ways by government?

That you challenge this is downright funny, you have this false notion that since your car didn’t have the tax credits no taxpayer money was involved. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
    Why spend time nailing the tax credits on him? It doesn’t matter. What matters is there is a program for giving tax credits because many people would not buy the cars Without.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Because I have a crossover SUV that goes 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. Comparable ICE SUVs cost quite a bit more.

Throttle response. Electric cars don't have transmissions. No cruising in a high gear and then having to downshift when you hit the accelerator. I punch it and the car takes off.

It is a lot cheaper to charge this car than put gas into one of those others. I drive it and when I get a bit low, I plug it in and charge it at home.

Isn't freedom great? I get to buy my electric supercar and you get to choose not to. 'merica
    Good on you. I'm sure you've said it before, but which model?

I'm against the tax rebates, which are manipulating the market. I'm happy to see them going away.

Top Bottom