• Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    “They are not going to let Trump anywhere near the White House.”

I can not say I disagree with the man on anything he said there.

Alex Jones is saying the same basic thing. While he feels Trump will be the nominee, thats as far as he goes. They will do anything it takes
    to keep him out of the White House.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The truth, at best, is that one can't be certain if Trump would have won because did not have that election. We had the one modified by some powerful people.
    Bravo. I have succinctly stated this idea as 'paths not taken' - it isn't possible to say with any certainty what would have happened. Now let's see if you can apply the same thought process to such things as 'DeSantis would win the general'

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Never said it. That's something that you and Bug invented.
    Incorrect. I never postulated you had some device that would allow you to view things in a neutral manner. I said you presented your viewpoint as carefully considered and neutral, that if it were true you wouldn't need to sell it so hard and that you should ask yourself your famous question more often

All of us think we're right in what we believe, not all of us try to portray that as some evidence of being above the pull of politics or bias. I, for one, would welcome it if you acquired a device to let you see things with a truly neutral eye - provided you could be convinced to make use of it

Unfortunately, I suspect such a device is on a par with the magic jewel necessary to read the golden pages of the Mormon holy books - probably not available

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In other words, he needs to start thinking about his future aspirations and maneuver to take over the reins post Trump by working with him.
    Except he really needed to do that before he even entered the race this year - and that is based on results, like so many in this thread pay lip service to only when it suits their personal biases

The real question for me is, is the author really worried about DeSantis staying viable or is he carrying water for CoCrublicans who hope against hope that one of their own (Haley) can unify the anti-Trump forces and deny him the nomination

I'll bet you Haley can't even win SC. Her high water mark will be states like NH where Sununu is actually considered to be a conservative. If DeSantis accepted reality instead of trying to click the ruby slippers together, Haley would get steamrollered. VERY few DeSantis voters would go to Haley

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO if he's running on a revenge platform that may hurt him with some potential voters that aren't down with it and want him to focus his energy on governing the country on the issues they most care about such as yourself. They see personal revenge as a counterproductive distraction.
    CAN you govern the country without weeding out the fifth columnists from GS-23 on down?

I thought we tried that already

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    CAN you govern the country without weeding out the fifth columnists from GS-23 on down?

I thought we tried that already
    I'll say the same thing that I said to Tombs. Let Trump openly run on a campaign of revenge, and we'll see how far that gets him toward winning the election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bravo. I have succinctly stated this idea as 'paths not taken' - it isn't possible to say with any certainty what would have happened. Now let's see if you can apply the same thought process to such things as 'DeSantis would win the general'
    Don’t know. That still has to play out.

Top Bottom