• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What the heck is up with you and others here? The constitution says paraphrased, the electors are chosen as the legislature directs. Not the governor, secretary of state, election officials, not even a judge can direct how electors are chosen. That simple. Most of the swing states had the procedures for selecting electors altered by an entity other than the legislature. That one is the no brainer…
    :dunno:

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    What the heck is up with you and others here? The constitution says paraphrased, the electors are chosen as the legislature directs. Not the governor, secretary of state, election officials, not even a judge can direct how electors are chosen. That simple. Most of the swing states had the procedures for selecting electors altered by an entity other than the legislature. That one is the no brainer…
    I just so happen to have a very comprehensive copy of the U.S. constitution sitting right here beside me, along with all of the writings of our founding fathers. If you can tell me exactly where those words are stated in print in the original constitution, you may change my point of view. Not paraphrased but in plain print.

Again, prove it. This is my last attempt.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I just so happen to have a very comprehensive copy of the U.S. constitution sitting right here beside me, along with all of the writings of our founding fathers. If you can tell me exactly where those words are stated in print in the original constitution, you may change my point of view. Not paraphrased but in plain print.

Again, prove it. This is my last attempt.

Article II​

• Clause 2 Electors

“Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors”

Maybe you should study the constitution instead of having it “sitting right here beside you.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Article II​

• Clause 2 Electors

“Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors”

Maybe you should study the constitution instead of having it “sitting right here beside you.
    Read it every other day or so, but I also have some reading comprehension.

Unless I’m mistaken (I am a lot) they don’t say anything about choosing multiple slates of Electors until you find a slate that agrees with you.

Now please let me look for that Article and get back to you.

And if I’m not mistaken, the Electors we’re already selected, that is until they were interfered with by a higher government office.

So in my mind, the original Electors were the legitimate and only Electors.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken. Of course you will have to show that in the Constitution Wording also.
    If not you are the one that’s blind.

I say all of this with the utmost respect and mean no disrespect, just a friendly discussion. I truly hope we can maintain a mutual agreement on the second amendment.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Read it every other day or so, but I also have some reading comprehension.

Unless I’m mistaken (I am a lot) they don’t say anything about choosing multiple slates of Electors until you find a slate that agrees with you.

Now please let me look for that Article and get back to you.

And if I’m not mistaken, the Electors we’re already selected, that is until they were interfered with by a higher government office.

So in my mind, the original Electors were the legitimate and only Electors.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken. Of course you will have to show that in the Constitution Wording also.
    If not you are the one that’s blind.

I say all of this with the utmost respect and mean no disrespect, just a friendly discussion. I truly hope we can maintain a mutual agreement on the second amendment.
    The way the electors were selected was not “in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct” because the state executive branch changed the “manner” but the Pennsylvania courts allowed it, contrary to what is explicitly written in the constitution, it went to SCOTUS where Alito said that the damage had not yet occurred and to bring it back after the actual damage occurred but when they did the courts said no one had standing.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

Article II​

• Clause 2 Electors

Well it appears you and I have different versions of the Constitution, mine has no mention of clauses. It does have.

1702877534688.jpeg
    1702877734728.jpeg

1702877534688.jpeg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nope. Same. Look at your first picture, the first paragraph is clause 1 the second paragraph is clause 2. The second paragraph is exactly what I posted. It is easier to study and discuss this way.

Reactions: Mij

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Just what I suspected, another individual cherry picking text to justify their point of view.

Apperently you just stopped at the comma. Well keep reading and use a bit of reading comprehension.

Tyrants have been doing this for decades.

“These people are infecting our blood lines” one of many totalitarian lines used by the proposed Autocratic government that will be a second trump term.

The former president or his family have never defended this country, If you look, he and his father have leached off of the U.S. tit for generations. Never giving anything back. Never doing anything to defend the country that has given him a private jet, secret service protection.

How long do you think you will “keep” the right to bear arms when he becomes Putin?

What do you think you and yours will become “if” he becomes Putin?

There are none so blind as those that will not see.

But that’s just what I think. Not an opinion, what I think.

I may have just lost a lot of e-friends but I’m secure in the knowledge that I’m here. And those e-friends are still there or they’re not.

That’s it for me.

Last edited:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    You think 08 was a winnable election?
    I absolutely do. Up until the moment that McCain garbled into the microphone, "No, Ma'am. Heesh a good man, we jusht differ shlighty....," to the old woman laying into Obama for being a "Muzz-lim." The election was lost on that soundbite. If they are only different slightly, then the undecided will overwhelmingly vote for history so they can tell their friends.

In my mid 20's, that was the first time, in my political life, when there was no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties.

GWB was wildly unpopular and the Republicans had done themselves no favors, but John McCain (with his tinge of libertarianism), the Maverick, Mr Straight Talk Express, himself, calling Hope and Change the Marxist BS that it was, have run the 2008 campaign the way he ran the 2000 Primary he would have won.

Instead, he tucked his junk between his legs, became a lapdog for the GOPe and got giddy about being welcomed into the club.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well it appears you and I have different versions of the Constitution, mine has no mention of clauses. It does have.

View attachment 319462
    View attachment 319464

View attachment 319462
    You said original constitution. Are you talking about the Articles of Confederation which went into effect in 1778? That constitution was scrapped and the one the US has now was ratified in 1789.

Edit. Nevermind. Once again I should have read the subsequent posts before replying. When you said that your version reads differently, along with saying “Original” constitution, made me think maybe you’re looking at the AoC.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just what I suspected, another individual cherry picking text to justify their point of view.

Apperently you just stopped at the comma. Well keep reading and use a bit of reading comprehension.

“These people are infecting our blood lines” one of many totalitarian lines used by the proposed Autocratic government that will be a second trump term.

The former president or his family have never defended this country, If you look, he and his father have leached off of the U.S. tit for generations. Never giving anything back. Never doing anything to defend the country that has given him a private jet, secret service protection.

How long do you think you will “keep” the right to bear arms when he becomes Putin?

I may have just lost a lot of e-friends but I’m secure in the knowledge that I’m here. And those e-friends are still there or they’re not.

That’s it for me.
    Whoa, hold on there. There is zero evidence that Trump will turn into Putin, for **** sake. That’s just beyond defendable.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I absolutely do. Up until the moment that McCain garbled into the microphone, "No, Ma'am. Heesh a good man, we jusht differ shlighty....," to the old woman laying into Obama for being a "Muzz-lim." The election was lost on that soundbite. If they are only different slightly, then the undecided will overwhelmingly vote for history so they can tell their friends.

In my mid 20's, that was the first time, in my political life, when there was no difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties.

GWB was wildly unpopular and the Republicans had done themselves no favors, but John McCain (with his tinge of libertarianism), the Maverick, Mr Straight Talk Express, himself, calling Hope and Change the Marxist BS that it was, have run the 2008 campaign the way he ran the 2000 Primary he would have won.

Instead, he tucked his junk between his legs, became a lapdog for the GOPe and got giddy about being welcomed into the club.
    Hold on there. John McCain had a tinge of libertarianism? If only that were true, McCain might have some redeeming qualities. John McCain's problem is that he was basically a Democrat. That's why there wasn't much difference between him and Obama on the issues, other than McCain wasn't hell bent on fundamentally changing America. John McCain was hell bent on perpetuating the gravy train like all the other CoC Republicans.

I don't think 2008 was winnable with the candidate chosen. Obama had too much going for him. His personality was way bigger than McCain's. And the white guilt practically guaranteed him a victory. White voters wanted to prove once and for all they're not racists by voting for the first black president. Even Republicans voted for Obama. Indiana voted for Obama, for **** sake.

The only way 2008 would have been winnable, was to have had a stronger personality, articulate, charismatic, charming, in the race against Obama. Instead Republican's ran milquetoast. Just like they did in 2012.

Republicans run milquetoast because the goal isn't to win, although they'd like to win. It's to maintain the gravy train.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hold on there. John McCain had a tinge of libertarianism? If only that were true, McCain might have some redeeming qualities. John McCain's problem is that he was basically a Democrat. That's why there wasn't much difference between him and Obama on the issues, other than McCain wasn't hell bent on fundamentally changing America. John McCain was hell bent on perpetuating the gravy train like all the other CoC Republicans.

I don't think 2008 was winnable with the candidate chosen. Obama had too much going for him. His personality was way bigger than McCain's. And the white guilt practically guaranteed him a victory. White voters wanted to prove once and for all they're not racists by voting for the first black president. Even Republicans voted for Obama. Indiana voted for Obama, for **** sake.

The only way 2008 would have been winnable, was to have had a stronger personality, articulate, charismatic, charming, in the race against Obama. Instead Republican's ran milquetoast. Just like they did in 2012.

Republicans run milquetoast because the goal isn't to win, although they'd like to win. It's to maintain the gravy train.
    The paragraph I highlighted in red pretty much sums up the reason why Obama won. I've heard it I don't know how many times from a number of those who voted for him was because they simply wanted to be a part of history as well.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

Given where the economy was, markets, housing, etc., and the war. plus the fascination with the smooth talker, plus the introduction of Palin... zero chance.

Meanwhile, in Georgia...

1702905314266.png
    As long as we have MTGs and 2020 lies on the ticket, this will be the discussion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

That’s it for me.
    I cherry picked NOTHING. I gave you the text straight from the constitution that applies. Here is the complete text.

Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress; but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Now what does it mean?

“Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct,”

How electors are chosen.

“a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress”

How many are to be chosen.

“but no Senator or Representative, or person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States shall be appointed an Elector.”

Who cannot be an elector.

”The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.”

Who determines the time and, this is important, DAY. Not weeks or month, DAY.

So check your own reading comprehension and get your TDS checked.

And no, it will not be the last for you. You say that but always come back with BS…

Top Bottom