• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK. Sounds pretty exclusive to me. Did State legislators choose to direct Governors, SoSs and the courts to change the rules that are delegated to them by the Constitution.? Don't believe they did. Seems to me it was the other way around.

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Changed the manner in which the electors are selected and certified?

I thought they "just" extended until Friday counting ballots post-marked on election day?
    I do not remember all the details now, but we either follow the constitution as it was written or we don’t follow anything. I remember thinking that the way Alito respponded to the pre-election case hat would be a strong avenue in the aftermath but alas the court went chicken and refused to even allow trials, short circuiting everything on standing…

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I guess we'll see if your horse can beat team Trump? How is your pick polling against Trump?

:scratch:
    I have no idea if anyone can beat Trump. That doesn't change the fact that his attorney is oddly featured and proud of being unsuccessful. His record on lawyers is clearly the best.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    I do not remember all the details now, but we either follow the constitution as it was written or we don’t follow anything. I remember thinking that the way Alito respponded to the pre-election case hat would be a strong avenue in the aftermath but alas the court went chicken and refused to even allow trials, short circuiting everything on standing…
    This was the 3-day extension for counting mail-in absentee ballots post marked on election day.

The SCOTUS heard the case prior to the election and deadlocked 4-4 (RBG had passed away and was not yet replaced), so the PA Supreme Court was not over-ruled.

And the 3-day extension stayed in place prior to the election.

After the election, the SCOTUS refused to take up the case... just my opinion, they didn't because the votes in question numbered 10,000 and Biden won PA by 80,000 so there was no controversy to resolve. Thomas indicated the court should take the case to resolve the rules for the future... to avoid a controversy... apparently two others agreed as 3 justices wanted to take up the case... but not the 4 required for the court to hear it.

Had they taken the case, in what universe do you see them throwing out the election because of a number of votes, 10k, that would not have changed the outcome, 80k, of the election?

Again, just stuff Trump ****s out on social media.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This was the 3-day extension for counting mail-in absentee ballots post marked on election day.

The SCOTUS heard the case prior to the election and deadlocked 4-4 (RBG had passed away and was not yet replaced), so the PA Supreme Court was not over-ruled.

And the 3-day extension stayed in place prior to the election.

After the election, the SCOTUS refused to take up the case... just my opinion, they didn't because the votes in question numbered 10,000 and Biden won PA by 80,000 so there was no controversy to resolve. Thomas indicated the court should take the case to resolve the rules for the future... to avoid a controversy... apparently two others agreed as 3 justices wanted to take up the case... but not the 4 required for the court to hear it.

Had they taken the case, in what universe do you see them throwing out the election because of a number of votes, 10k, that would no have changed the outcome, 80k, of the election?

Again, just stuff Trump ****s out on social media.
    Puzzle pieces put together form the picture…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have no idea if anyone can beat Trump. That doesn't change the fact that his attorney is oddly featured and proud of being unsuccessful. His record on lawyers is clearly the best.
    Well, this is pretty much the pool of lawyers left for Trump to choose from. Other top attorneys won't represent Trump out of concerns that it will negatively affect their practices or that they will be prosecuted with something for representing him.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, this is pretty much the pool of lawyers left for Trump to choose from. Other top attorneys won't represent Trump out of concerns that it will negatively affect their practices or that they will be prosecuted with something for representing him.
    Yes, we have crossed the rubicon. That to defeat political opponents, their legal representation is threatened to the point it is impossible to obtain adequate counsel is un-American. But those perpetrating this are indeed un-American…

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've heard it I don't know how many times from a number of those who voted for him was because they simply wanted to be a part of history as well.
    Many otherwise sane conservatives that I know said exactly that. It doesn't explain 2012, though.

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes, we have crossed the rubicon. That to defeat political opponents, their legal representation is threatened to the point it is impossible to obtain adequate counsel is un-American. But those perpetrating this are indeed un-American…
    Very true and it's still a daunting task even with adequate counsel to overcome politically biased Judges and DAs.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No. The reason that there is a very small list of attorneys that will attach their names, reputations and careers to Trump is because he is a toxic ******* with a history of throwing former "best people" under the bus when it suits him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I think you are just jealous of Trump and crew. Sorry you can't win...

...not sorry... :)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    No. The reason that there is a very small list of attorneys that will attach their names, reputations and careers to Trump is because he is a toxic ******* with a history of throwing former "best people" under the bus when it suits him.
    It is undisputed fact that the word was out out prior to the 2020 election that law firms that represented Trump would be blackballed. There were posts and links about it back then.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've been lurking in this thread a bit over the past few days.

Many here seem to think the 2020 election was on the up and up. I'm not one of those people, but I've realized long ago (and this thread is evidence of that), you can't change everyone's minds.

So I'll ask, if not Trump, then who? Who is a viable candidate for the Rs to run?

If TPTB pull election shenanigans in 2024, what will it take for you to believe they weren't on the up and up?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Many here seem to think the 2020 election was on the up and up. I'm not one of those people, but I've realized long ago (and this thread is evidence of that), you can't change everyone's minds.

So I'll ask, if not Trump, then who? Who is a viable candidate for the Rs to run?

If TPTB pull election shenanigans in 2024, what will it take for you to believe they weren't on the up and up?
    And more on how they cheat. They use innocuous sounding names for TAX EXEMPT nonprofits to play shell games with money and data.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Really?

Do tell... which states did not follow the manner of selecting and certifying electors as established in that state's law?

Pennsylvania for one but most of the swing states…

Idunno. I think we’ve already argued those points. I don’t know how long ago that was. Or which thread even. Maybe this one.

So I forget now how you claimed that PA’s electors weren’t chosen in the manner the legislature chose. Can you state it again?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I do think shenanigans probably happened. Can’t prove anything. But I think if everything were on the up and up, Joe Biden might have lost.

Welcome to INGO.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I do think shenanigans probably happened. Can’t prove anything. But I think if everything were on the up and up, Joe Biden might have lost.

Welcome to INGO.
    I've been here almost as long as you @jamil.

To Mike's point, a lot of stuff has already come out. But, given that the MSM and most of the judicial system is in the dems' pocket, none of it matters...

Top Bottom