• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'll postpone commenting until I see the new, "moderate" position on abortion. For now, at least I know that it's fully Trump's idea, and not a smoke-filled room compromise. I don't give a **** about gay marriage.
    Leave it to the States like the USSC said.
    4. Republicans Will Protect and Defend a Vote of the People, from within the States, on the Issue of Life We proudly stand for families and Life. We believe that the 14th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States guarantees that no person can be denied Life or Liberty without Due Process, and that the States are, therefore, free to pass Laws protecting those Rights. After 51 years, because of us, that power has been given to the States and to a vote of the People. We will oppose Late Term Abortion, while supporting mothers and policies that advance Prenatal Care, access to Birth Control, and IVF (fertility treatments)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Were you watching an old biden speech? The one I saw the teleprompter couldn’t keep up because he would follow the prepared remarks then share from his heart…
    At least Trump has proven that he can speak coherently sans teleprompter. Biden screws up speaking even when he reads off the teleprompter.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The RNC had a 30 mile radius Temporary Flight Restriction centered on Milwaukee. No drones, parachutes, hang gliders, flight training, at all. Some manned aircraft allowed in the 10-30 mile range with proper coordination with ATC. As I understand it, a complete ban on any aircraft within 3 miles and 3000’AGL around the convention.

FAA announcement here, and individual NOTAMs for each type of aerial conveyance were also published.

Three different general aviation aircraft on their way to the Experimental Aircraft Association AirVenture in Oshkosh WI didn’t get the word and transgressed.

They were intercepted and shooed away by F-35As on patrol, and got to chat with USSS representatives upon landing in Oshkosh. I expect they will get to have conversations with the FAA as well. The TFR and NOTAMs have been out for weeks, if not months.

Below is a video news report, and I was amused to see the F-35A toodooling by at 4000 feet with his gear down. I suspect he had to put his gear down to be able to fly slow enough to shepherd whatever light aircraft he was following.

I also suspect the F-35s were from the WIsconsin ANG 115th Fighter Wing at Madison, which was the second for a national guard waiting to receive brand new F-35s.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    At least Trump has proven that he can speak coherently sans teleprompter. Biden screws up speaking even when he reads off the teleprompter.
    He's better off the teleprompter.
    Were you watching an old biden speech? The one I saw the teleprompter couldn’t keep up because he would follow the prepared remarks then share from his heart…
    He looked tired and slow

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lots of criticism of that speech last night. First 15 minutes was good, then I felt like we were reminded how old he is.

He looked like an 80 year old man struggling with a teleprompter. Also didn’t wrap up until after midnight. Hope it doesn’t matter.

Here is an interesting take on the party platform. Moving moderate on abortion and gay marriage apparently upset some of the convention goers.

I don’t think most of the speech was even scripted. I didn’t watch maybe a half of it and listened to the rest while working outside. So maybe you saw some things I didn’t. For Trump, it was a pretty good speech. But lots of what sounded like going off script, which is his custom.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let’s hope that the low bar remains in place. A solid young alternative would make him look like Joe at this point.

I suspect the Dems are about to be unburdened by what has been.
    I don’t see how they get past Kamala. I don’t think she’s gonna go along with a plan tat doesn’t put her at the top of the ticket. Let’s say debating is not her strong point.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don’t see how they get past Kamala. I don’t think she’s gonna go along with a plan tat doesn’t put her at the top of the ticket. Let’s say debating is not her strong point.

Somebody who she respects, and is scared of, will privately explain it to her and she will go along. Either way she is on a ballistic trajectory into obscurity. She can go there wealthy or poor.

The conversation will end with something like "Ya falla?"

robert-shaw.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Other than having her name on the war chest, she has nothing going for her.
    Looks like most Democrats think she does.

Don't sell "diversity" short. My in-laws think highly of her. But I don't think they're really looking too far past her "diversity".

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Here is an interesting take on the party platform. Moving moderate on abortion and gay marriage apparently upset some of the convention goers.

Abortion is where it was from the signing of the Constitution until January 22, 1973, and that's where it belongs.

As far as marriage, the government has no business being in marriage. And while I believe marriage is between a man a woman for the purposes of creating a family, with a 42% national divorce rate, I'd say straight people have been adequate in marring the covenant.

Nothing matters if the traditional side of the country doesn't win. It's that simple. There are other disagreements that will take place because the party has grown. Those disagreements will be figured out as we get to them.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Abortion is where it was from the signing of the Constitution until January 22, 1973, and that's where it belongs.

As far as marriage, the government has no business being in marriage. And while I believe marriage is between a man a woman for the purposes of creating a family, with a 42% national divorce rate, I'd say straight people have been adequate in marring the covenant.

Nothing matters if the traditional side of the country doesn't win. It's that simple. There are other disagreements that will take place because the party has grown. Those disagreements will be figured out as we get to them.
    There are some, who have fundamental views on these sorts of things. The old republicans who were called out for compromising didn’t waiver on this. The new ones who are not “chamber of commerce” do.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    There are some, who have fundamental views on these sorts of things. The old republicans who were called out for compromising didn’t waiver on this. The new ones who are not “chamber of commerce” do.
    I grew up in the Religious Right. You are correct, my grandparents views haven't wavered.

My Grandpa would rather win that be right. My Grandma would rather be right than win. It's a case by case basis.

I respect the old Republicans that haven't wavered. I don't respect the CoC Republicans that have gone along to get along so they can continue the grift and benefit of UniParty.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I grew up in the Religious Right. You are correct, my grandparents views haven't wavered.

My Grandpa would rather win that be right. My Grandma would rather be right than win. It's a case by case basis.

I respect the old Republicans that haven't wavered. I don't respect the CoC Republicans that have gone along to get along so they can continue the grift and benefit of UniParty.
    The problem with absolute positions when presented with limited alternatives is that it limits the number of absolutes that can be respected and still be an active voter in a landscape dominated by 2 parties.

Top Bottom