• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I don't normaly leave a gun in the car. There are those occasions when I must. As other on here have mentioned, going into a court house etc. Once in a while I will have a gun on me and one or two in the car. Stopping at the store on the way home from the range or hunting etc. I plan to put in a secure box in both vehicles. This way I can keep a firearm in each with extra ammo. Just in case I have to get out of the house rapidly. I do have a Pack ready to go.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I have a caution gun will still fire with magazine removed sticker from my mag from my old ruger. But I don't keep a gun in my car because I'm waiing on my .permit.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Keep an old shotgun locked in the cab of my hunting/fishing truck. The gun is not in plain sight. Both the truck and the gun are too ugly for anybody to steal. Yes there is an NRA sticker (came with the truck). If handguns leave the house they are typically kept on my person. No bumper stickers of any type on my other vehicle.

CVictor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Crown Point
    Only time I keep a gun in my car is when I'm in class, because the tools at IU have rules against carrying. I hate leaving a firearm in the car with a passion, I'd have an impossible time knowing some thug broke into my car and is now using my handgun to rob people.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Like most others, i usually do not keep a gun in the car unless its attached to me. There are occasions that a hunting rifle/shotgun will be in a case in the back, well out of sight for several days during deer season. But if I am going anywhere even halfway shady, I will take it out and it will go back in the safe.

P-Shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Many years go a co-worker had a .357 stolen out of his car while he was shopping downtown. After that, I made the decision never to leave a gun unattended in my vehicle unless it was absolutely necessary. I always carry on my person, and pretty much the only two places it doesn't go are the airport and gun shops(if it's posted on the door). I had always meant to buy one of those car vaults made by mossberg or the like, but both my vehicles make the mounting problematic. By problematic, I mean it would be visible. I have tinted windows, but it would still be easily noticed. Currently, if I have to take it off my person it gets locked in the glove box. Only my jeep has an NRA window cling on the inside of the rear window, and it's virtually invisible with my tint. I did just order some ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ decals, but I doubt most common thieves are Greek savvy.

Top Bottom