• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    dispatchers when you dont answer your qualcomm?

Thankfully, I don't have to deal with stupid dispatchers. I work for a company in which the only 3 people who are concerned about my wherabouts or activity are the two owners and the salesman/service/coordinator/office jack of all trades, none of which expect me to do things like work 24/7, break laws of physics in terms of movement or managing to be more than one place at the same time, or hold me responsible for circumstances beyond my control.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This thread took precisely the path I'd hoped it would and I think most who have gotten upset have realized the intent behind it.

I was going to ask why are you talking negatively about truck driver's on a GUN forum. Seems like a waste of time. I would think your energy would be better spent on a forum dedicated to the hatred of truckers where you could chat with other simple minded individuals and together make wild and unsubstantiated claims of meth use and lot lizard diseases to explain driving behavior, all while referring to that behavior as typical.

I wish i were a moderator. I would put you in time out for your ignorance. I know that you, more than most, understand that to take blatantly biased articles that only tell the "victims" side is just stupid. To get those articles from "truckersuck.com" and tout is as true is ridiculous.

....Like i said, i was going to ask why you'd post this on a GUN forum, but i looked at most of your posts. Most of them are about the joys of gun ownership, maintenance, some nice parts for sale, and pictures with helpful "how tos". I'm hoping all this ignorance is a fluke. I was worried you may have a one track mind and only post about NOT GUNS. I'm glad to see you don't have an agenda, but still....unacceptable, you're an educated man, you should know better.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I was going to ask why are you talking negatively about truck driver's on a GUN forum. Seems like a waste of time. I would think your energy would be better spent on a forum dedicated to the hatred of truckers where you could chat with other simple minded individuals and together make wild and unsubstantiated claims of meth use and lot lizard diseases to explain driving behavior, all while referring to that behavior as typical.

I wish i were a moderator. I would put you in time out for your ignorance. I know that you, more than most, understand that to take blatantly biased articles that only tell the "victims" side is just stupid. To get those articles from "truckersuck.com" and tout is as true is ridiculous.

....Like i said, i was going to ask why you'd post this on a GUN forum, but i looked at most of your posts. Most of them are about the joys of gun ownership, maintenance, some nice parts for sale, and pictures with helpful "how tos". I'm hoping all this ignorance is a fluke. I was worried you may have a one track mind and only post about NOT GUNS. I'm glad to see you don't have an agenda, but still....unacceptable, you're an educated man, you should know better.

naw he just gets salty about the perceived LEO bashing threads and was trolling for a reaction to "prove" a point........

he seems like a good guy, but he might need a hug

jake

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    This thread took precisely the path I'd hoped it would and I think most who have gotten upset have realized the intent behind it.

I'm :lmfao:
    I spotted the intent with the first post and had to sit on my hands to keep from joining in the foray.
    Some were :hooked: nicely into doing exactly what LEO's have to do EVERY day here.
    Having to defend your chosen profession from the "people" who haven't a clue as to what it takes to perform that job gets to be old :poop: real fast.
    And I've been doing that for over forty years now.

Oh yeah.
    Just to add my :twocents: to the discussion....
    Before he passed away my Dad came up with a way to make all truck drivers polite and considerate.
    Use "Drive by wire" technology to operate the essential controls of the truck like accelerator, brake, steering, and gear shifting.
    Then mount the drivers compartment on the cab at the very front of the drive unit and place it at the same height as a passenger car.
    You'd be amazed how polite truckers would be if they knew for a fact that they could be killed as easily as a four wheel driver. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm :lmfao:
    I spotted the intent with the first post and had to sit on my hands to keep from joining in the foray.
    Some were :hooked: nicely into doing exactly what LEO's have to do EVERY day here.
    Having to defend your chosen profession from the "people" who haven't a clue as to what it takes to perform that job gets to be old :poop: real fast.
    And I've been doing that for over forty years now.

Oh yeah.
    Just to add my :twocents: to the discussion....
    Before he passed away my Dad came up with a way to make all truck drivers polite and considerate.
    Use "Drive by wire" technology to operate the essential controls of the truck like accelerator, brake, steering, and gear shifting.
    Then mount the drivers compartment on the cab at the very front of the drive unit and place it at the same height as a passenger car.
    You'd be amazed how polite truckers would be if they knew for a fact that they could be killed as easily as a four wheel driver. :D

I know several "Drivers" who are great people but are ready to pack it in. They are fed up with the road and very much "over" the way it is out there now.

I do like the idea stated above.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Apparently truckers are to dumb to realize when they are being used as a pawn in someones little game of internet oneupsmanship.

Now before anyone gets all butthurt I have a class A CDL and used to drive a truck in the quad state area.(IL. IN. WI. MI.)

I'm not claiming to be the smartest one in the group but even I was able to figure out the intent of this thread from the get go.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    naw he just gets salty about the perceived LEO bashing threads and was trolling for a reaction to "prove" a point........

he seems like a good guy, but he might need a hug

jake
    The OP just wanted to get into someone else head the way serpicostraight has gotten into his. ;)

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    The OP just wanted to get into someone else head the way serpicostraight has gotten into his. ;)
    he didnt get in my head. i knew what he was doing from the get go. and i have no problem with it. the last i heard at least as of now we still have a first amendment. people are free to discuss what they want and voice thier opinion. more power to him carry on phylodog.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    he didnt get in my head. i knew what he was doing from the get go. and i have no problem with it. the last i heard at least as of now we still have a first amendment. people are free to discuss what they want and voice thier opinion. more power to him carry on phylodog.
    I was'nt referring to your head in particular and as far as the first amendment goes i'm all for it.

As a matter of fact if you go back and look at one of my posts earlier on in the thread I posted that I did'nt care if he wanted to post as many stories as he could muster about d-bag truckers doing bad things.

I was just merely pointing out that some of us were wise as to the reason why the thread was posted in the first place. Carry on indeed. :patriot:

medic92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    According to the NTSB, in 76% of accidents involving big trucks and automobiles, the driver of the car was at fault.

The computer you're typing on, the chair you're sitting in, the materials that built your house, the clothes you're wearing, the servers that house the database for this software, the food you eat, the appliances you use to cook your food, the car you drive, the firearms you use, the targets you shoot at. Everything around you got to you because of trucks. Take trucks away and this country stops.

There are plenty of bad truck drivers out there, no doubt about it. Unfortunately they are the ones that get all the attention. If you do a search for "good truck drivers" there isn't much out there because it's not newsworthy in today's "if it bleeds it leads" news cycle.

For some stellar examples of automobiles behaving badly around big trucks (and a few big trucks behaving badly as well) check out http://www.youtube.com/groceryhauler07

Hopefully we can learn to come to a consensus on this subject. All facets of society have their good and bad types. Focusing only on the bad while ignore the good and the good they do will only cause more trouble.

Consider how you feel when you, as a law-abiding gun owner, are lumped in with the guy who was busted for having illegal unregistered firearms he used to embark on a three-state killing spree. Is that fair? That's exactly what you're doing to me as a truck driver.

Have a great day guys, and if you ever have any questions, especially related to trucking, I'll be happy to answer them. You might even consider starting an "ask the trucker" thread where I'll answer any question you have.

Remember, just as in debating responsible gun ownership, respectful dialogue is the most important step.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    According to the NTSB, in 76% of accidents involving big trucks and automobiles, the driver of the car was at fault.

The computer you're typing on, the chair you're sitting in, the materials that built your house, the clothes you're wearing, the servers that house the database for this software, the food you eat, the appliances you use to cook your food, the car you drive, the firearms you use, the targets you shoot at. Everything around you got to you because of trucks. Take trucks away and this country stops.

There are plenty of bad truck drivers out there, no doubt about it. Unfortunately they are the ones that get all the attention. If you do a search for "good truck drivers" there isn't much out there because it's not newsworthy in today's "if it bleeds it leads" news cycle.

For some stellar examples of automobiles behaving badly around big trucks (and a few big trucks behaving badly as well) check out http://www.youtube.com/groceryhauler07

Hopefully we can learn to come to a consensus on this subject. All facets of society have their good and bad types. Focusing only on the bad while ignore the good and the good they do will only cause more trouble.

Consider how you feel when you, as a law-abiding gun owner, are lumped in with the guy who was busted for having illegal unregistered firearms he used to embark on a three-state killing spree. Is that fair? That's exactly what you're doing to me as a truck driver.

Have a great day guys, and if you ever have any questions, especially related to trucking, I'll be happy to answer them. You might even consider starting an "ask the trucker" thread where I'll answer any question you have.

Remember, just as in debating responsible gun ownership, respectful dialogue is the most important step.
    We know that you speak the truth, but it is so much more fun to just pile on:rockwoot:

medic92

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    When the only witnesses still alive are 18 wheeler drivers, it isn't surprising that they come to that conclusion.

Cute.

I'm really looking forward to people here asking me questions about why we do some of the crap we do. Honestly, you're not going to offend me (pretending you care), and I think you'll be surprised at some of the answers.

I'm not someone who thinks truckers are always right and never do anything wrong, and I know there are truckers who do certain things intentionally just because there's a serious "us against them" mentality on both sides.

I'll be standing by. :D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When the only witnesses still alive are 18 wheeler drivers, it isn't surprising that they come to that conclusion.

You try a job in which you are expected to be more perfect than God and be able to violate the laws of physics to compensate for other people's stupidity, and still be left holding the bag regardless of circumstances because you are a 'professional' and then tell me how that works out for you.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    You try a job in which you are expected to be more perfect than God and be able to violate the laws of physics to compensate for other people's stupidity, and still be left holding the bag regardless of circumstances because you are a 'professional' and then tell me how that works out for you.
    ive about had enough. i think im gonna hang out with paul blart for a few years to get my feet wet. maybe get some lessons from gecko 45 then its upward and onwards. i cant wait for my first crew cut.

Top Bottom