• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Lots of them can't even speak english anymore. Lots of them are from the slavic nations that have immigrated here from their home countries.

I have been around the trucking business since 1965. If it is a Volvo tractor I give it a wide berth because that is what they are used to driving in their home country. A Pete, KW, or Freightliner is probably being operated by one of our American drivers. unless is it is piece of crap truck that was sold at the end of its life to someone down south. Or it was stolen and re-registered in Mexico.

That does not even cover the mexicans and central american drivers on our roads thanks to nafta. and bill clinton.

I had a small trucking company with 15 trucks and 25 drivers until 1999 when I saw the writing on the wall. And got out with no regrets.

I am constantly amazed by the crap I see on our highways every day from the south of the border.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Maybe I'll just leave this here:

A little dated, but valid.

http://www.aaafoundation.org/pdf/CarTruck.pdf

In this report, crashes between passenger vehicles, regardless of type, are referred to as “car-car crashes” and crashes between passenger vehicles and large trucks are referred to as “car-truck crashes.” The analysis file contained data on 35,244 fatal car-car crashes and 10,732 fatal car-truck crashes.

Most research aimed at understanding the causes of crashes between cars and trucks indicates that the actions of car drivers contribute more to car–large truck crashes than do the actions of truck drivers (e.g., Schwartz and Retting 1986; AAA Michigan 1986; Massie and Sullivan 1994; Braver et al. 1996; Blower 1998; and Stuster 1999). It has been argued that the average motorist assumes that the operation of cars and large trucks is virtually the same (Mason et al. 1992) and that motorists are poor judges of the speed, maneuverability, braking, and acceleration capabilities of large vehicles (Ogden and Wee 1988; Hanowski et al. 1998; Stuster 1999). It is probable that edu- cating motorists about the risks of driving near trucks or training motorists how to drive near trucks would help promote safer driving practices.

Say what you will, drivers of 4 wheeled vehicles cause more fatalities than truck drivers.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Part of the job. No excuse for being as inconsiderate as they are and killing people.

And truckers are part of the road you drive on. Even if they are inconsiderate and take forever to pass each other.

I drive equipment and semi's down the road every day and the amount of common courtesy shown from 4 wheelers has went from slim to none in the last 10 years. It's amazing some of the things you see while "holding up traffic"

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    there is a secret gang..... well not so secret now of course but truck drivers get a tattoo for every kill kinda like that cop gang

jake

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Are there more 4 wheeled vehicles or trucks out on the road?

More 4 wheeled vehicles, without a doubt. Fatalities involving car-car collisions were nearly 3 times as many during the study period, however...

From my original post:

Most research aimed at understanding the causes of crashes between cars and trucks indicates that the actions of car drivers contribute more to car–large truck crashes than do the actions of truck drivers

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'd like to see some per capita accident stats for driver fault between CDL drivers and operator license drivers.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Being inconsiderate. This time it got someone killed as it does thousands of times each year all across the country. Goodrich man killed after truck driver pulls in front of him - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

My wife and children were luck enough to get to see this one up close and personal as we drove past before any police officers arrived. Lovely sight for my 6 year old daughter to see. Why did it happen? Because the truck driver decided he would just pull across the northbound lanes and block them while waiting to turn southbound because he was more important than the right of way of the north bound travelers.

I logged over 4000 miles on the interstates between Ontario and Houston during my vacation the last two weeks. I can't count the number of times I was cut off so that a trucker could driver .0000025% faster than another and take 20 minutes to pass. Apparently, for the overly intelligent, going 55.1mph while the other guy is only going 55.05mph somehow makes you that much more attractive to the lot lizard at the next stop. Maybe the meth dealer was running low and the race to get their first was on.

THIS IS WHY NEGATIVE REP SHOULD BE RESTORED

I'm not a truck driver, but I find it highly offensive that you would post something like that. If the insult slinging was geared towards LEO's you would be singing a different tune. I'm sure that there are countless deaths prevented EVERY day by truck drivers looking out for stupid drivers. If we were also to compare truckers to cops in the harm that they can cause a big difference would emerge. Truckers can kill or injure you with their dumb driving, and are usually held accountable. LEO's can kill you, your family, and your dog all while ransacking your house in the middle of the night for improper reasons and get awards for their heroism.

A picture or two of police officers doing what they do best may be in order:

enhanced-buzz-16355-1316962458-4.jpg

126706967_e4256ade72.jpg

timthumb.php

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If the insult slinging was geared towards LEO's you would be singing a different tune.

Hmmm. I don't recall you piping up in any of the ten thousand broad brush, anti LEO threads to defend the good cops or point out the idiocy in accusations of the whole based on the actions of the few.

I wonder if there might have been a reason for this thread other than rude driving habits of truckers?

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Lots of them can't even speak english anymore. Lots of them are from the slavic nations that have immigrated here from their home countries.

I have been around the trucking business since 1965. If it is a Volvo tractor I give it a wide berth because that is what they are used to driving in their home country. A Pete, KW, or Freightliner is probably being operated by one of our American drivers. unless is it is piece of crap truck that was sold at the end of its life to someone down south. Or it was stolen and re-registered in Mexico.

That does not even cover the mexicans and central american drivers on our roads thanks to nafta. and bill clinton.

I had a small trucking company with 15 trucks and 25 drivers until 1999 when I saw the writing on the wall. And got out with no regrets.

I am constantly amazed by the crap I see on our highways every day from the south of the border.

But they must be professionals. I mean they hafta take a test and be certified,even if they speak a no english.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This smacks of a get even butthurt thread at the expense of truckers...I could be wrong though..:popcorn:

Top Bottom