• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Its time to outlaw truckers, because truckers are too dangerous to society.

I'll say it one more time, When you outlaw truckers, only outlaws will have truckers....

Wait... that one doesn't seem to work very well.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Trucker Values:
    The protection and preservation of life is our fundamental objective. We will only use deadly force when absolutely necessary to protect the life of a citizen or trucker when no other options are available.
    We are committed to developing a partnership with the community, employing creativity, patience, persistence, and an appreciation of diversity both in the truck and in the community.
    We shall perform our duties with an unwavering commitment to integrity and professionalism.
    We will be accountable to those we serve for our decisions and actions.
    We will accomplish our mission with empathy, compassion, and sensitivity at all times, with the highest regard for individual and constitutional rights.
    We recognize that each member of this trucking company is valuable, and we accept our obligation to each other and to the community to provide the maximum opportunity for each person to achieve his or her professional potential.

Last edited:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Trucker Values:
    The protection and preservation of life is our fundamental objective. We will only use deadly force when absolutely necessary to protect the life of a citizen or officer when no other options are available.
    We are committed to developing a partnership with the community, employing creativity, patience, persistence, and an appreciation of diversity both in the police department and in the community.
    We shall perform our duties with an unwavering commitment to integrity and professionalism.
    We will be accountable to those we serve for our decisions and actions.
    We will accomplish our mission with empathy, compassion, and sensitivity at all times, with the highest regard for individual and constitutional rights.
    We recognize that each member of this department is valuable, and we accept our obligation to each other and to the community to provide the maximum opportunity for each person to achieve his or her professional potential.

What you did there:

I see it.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'll say it one more time, When you outlaw truckers, only outlaws will have truckers....

Wait... that one doesn't seem to work very well.

I knew when I set that one up, someone would shoot it down. Thanks. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy fellas....no thread jacking please.
    I have to say my encounters with big rigs of late have been a lot more scary than anything LEO has done to me. I realize also that a lot of you folks are drivers. I would hate to think that some of the incidents I have experienced in the last year (I'm not perfect either) could have been from ingo folks.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Truckers are definitely a different breed than they were in the distant past.

I remember a time long ago when they were among the FASTEST, BEST, PROFESSIONAL and most RESPECTED drivers on the Interstate, and if you wanted to really cover some miles you ran with them.

When I was a kid we looked up to them like we would firemen, policemen, etc., and thought how cool it would be to grow up and be one.

Now they're among the SLOWEST, RUDEST, WORST, most DANGEROUS drivers on the road.

WHAT HAPPENED??

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Get in the seat of a C.M.V. and see the stuff they see. I am not defending any of the truckers or stories posted in this thread but like all the other threads if you saw some of what they saw and had to deal with it may change your opinion a little.

Not easy stopping 40-80,000 lbs going 50-70mph and then having people cutting you off while your already trying to stop.

Again not defending the listed truckers, just speaking from a little seat time from behind a bus and cars cutting you off and doing other unsafe actions in front of my bus.

Top Bottom