• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    PSE Brute LT set at 70# with a small game broadhead. It is so much fun and great way to get ready for deer season. I skewer them in my backyard and my buddys property in Ninevah. I give him what I kill because I have been blessed enough to never be so hungry that a squirrel would be tasty.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Buck... squirrel is both GOOD and TASTY; definitely don't have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to enjoy em.

I'll be using both a 1950 Marlin 39A (peep sight) & 50's Marlin 80 (4x fixed) early season and then maybe a .17m2 when the leaves are off; usually hunt a 40 acre woodlot by the house or sometimes Pigeon River FWA, they've got some pretty decent areas there with fox & gray squirrels.

Favorite recipes are brunswick stew with cornbread and buffalo-style squirrel with blue cheese & celery... especially delicious during Sunday NFL games :thumbsup:
    squire.jpg

squirrel1.jpg

IMGP3695-w960-h960.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I'll be exterminating the varmints on family property. Family has asked that I helped thin the herd of these nuisances. I'm more than happy to help out. :D

Jimbo Kern

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    I have 2 rifles set up for this season: a 10/22 sporter for most work, with a CZ453 17HMR for the long shots.

I will be hunting both Tri-county and Kingsburry FWA's

My favorite recipe is chopped squirrel, sauteed in oil with diced onions and peanuts. :)

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm building a house in a 17 acre woods. I plan on keeping them around as pets. The guy who lives across the road doesn't like them because they eat his siding from what I hear. I would like to see what a 17 Fireball does to one though.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Buck... squirrel is both GOOD and TASTY; definitely don't have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to enjoy em.

I'll be using both a 1950 Marlin 39A (peep sight) & 50's Marlin 80 (4x fixed) early season and then maybe a .17m2 when the leaves are off; usually hunt a 40 acre woodlot by the house or sometimes Pigeon River FWA, they've got some pretty decent areas there with fox & gray squirrels.

Favorite recipes are brunswick stew with cornbread and buffalo-style squirrel with blue cheese & celery... especially delicious during Sunday NFL games :thumbsup:
    squire.jpg

squirrel1.jpg

IMGP3695-w960-h960.jpg
    Thats awesome....I'm gettin' hungry!!!

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I am ready with a Savage set up for 100, maybe 125, yards. I have been shooting hundreds of rounds per week, and I have made up some special, easily expanding 38gn for the season.

One shot, one kill. A squirrel is not worth more than a few pennies ;)

Josh

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Anyone ever brown them in a skillet then bake in buttermilk? My mom made them that way a few times..
    I'm trying to get a scope on my Steven's 67-B.
    Otherwise my Savage ???? (no one has been able to tell me what it is) single bolt action.
    I'm not comfortable enough with my pistol skills to try the revolver for them. Maybe carry it if I need a finish shot.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Been there. They couldn't come to a conclusion. Been to Savageshooters also, still no definate answer. It appears to be one action on a different stock, with a different sight than anyone had seen on that action.... It's a 1919-1923 they've said. something around there is the closest answer I've gotten.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    It's going to be 92F on Sunday... is anyone heading out given the heat? I'm considering taking out the 10/22 with tech sights, but man that's hot...

Last edited:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    It's going to be 92F on Saturday... is anyone heading out given the heat? I'm considering taking out the 10/22 with tech sights, but man that's hot...

I'd suggest waiting until Sunday to go{the 15th};) if you go Saturday you may end up with a ticket.

regardless of the temp I'll be out Sunday morning bright and early. hopefully I can get a limit before it gets to hot.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've never eaten squirrel, so I think this might be the year. Recipes anyone?

And what do you do? Sit under an oak or beach and wait for movement? Or (lol) stalk them?

I'm not trying to be dumb - but when it comes to tree rats I am, I'm a bird dog, after all.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash

And what do you do? Sit under an oak or beach and wait for movement? Or (lol) stalk them?

I'm not trying to be dumb - but when it comes to tree rats I am, I'm a bird dog, after all.

Hello,

You can still hunt, or yes, stalk them. Just a hike through the woods with a gun.

My preferred method is to just sit across from a nut tree of some kind and shoot them. Or snipe them from 50 to 100 yards out. My rifle weighs over 10lbs this year, so the still hunting sounds good.

Josh

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Get a climber and act like you are deer hunting.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom