• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Definitely make sure you know all the local rules. Lebanon has one that you must put the fence at least 3' off the property line. I suppose they did this because if you put it on the property line, then you technically would need to go on your neighbors property to weed eat the fence line.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I am not sure how I would have responded to the foul mouth antics of the daughter. My daughter would most likely stomp the snot out of her.

It was unnerving for sure. I expect hostile behavior like that at work but not from a teenager in my backyard.

Thanks for the link sgt.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'm in security.
    I am the site supervisor for the corporate headquarters for a number of utility companies. People are constantly trying to do things like pay their bills, get service turned on, etc. Some folks are more vocal than others, surprisingly I get verbally abused at quite a bit.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Couple of these
    Bear_Trap_Blacksmith_1_.JPG

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sad to hear that Hobart has come to this. There was a time not long ago that the Brickies would run trash right outta town. I know a lot of people that would not even venture near there 30 years ago due to the shade of their tans.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sad to hear that Hobart has come to this. There was a time not long ago that the Brickies would run trash right outta town. I know a lot of people that would not even venture near there 30 years ago due to the shade of their tans.

There was a day that your town was not so different but it was so close to indy they overwhelmed you guy's.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Those bastards!

Well when I inform them that we don't take walk-in customers and they have to go to another building (something that is clearly marked on their bill), people sometimes decide to argue with me. Or when they demand to see the CEO because they want their power turned back on and I simply give them the facts of life and tell them where they can get their power turned back on but again they get bent out of shape. Shouting, spitting and flipping over furniture is not an appropriate response to "I'm sorry but you have to go here to pay your bill."

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Open carry a lot and leave the dog on a VERY long chain outside.... Worked for me. Kids kept walking though our yard and at the time we had a large dog that got out and chased them. That was the end of that.

If you have him on a long chain then the law is happy because he is secured and if they call the cops and the come out and see that the dog can't get past the property line then they will be asking them why they are trespassing I bet.

For when you are not home I'd get a descent home security camera with a DVR.... Something that can be useful if small claims or the police are needed..... Can't argue with video proof.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Well if you are short on funds, use wire to make an obstacle there. However since I like to get even with people I would use electric fence wire couple strands - their reaction would be priceless.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ah, city life..... I'm late to the thread, and not reading all 10 pages, BUT.....

When we lived in town, I dropped a privacy fence on the property line, and planted 4x4 posts (about 2' tall) along the edge of the driveway. All for pretty much the same problems the OP has: folks using the yard as a thoroughfare, cutting though my driveway to get into their yard, letting their dogs run my yard for "potty time", and generally being a nuisance.

I didn't pull any permits with the city, or ask anyone's permission (other than my landlord, who happened to be my in-laws). Heck, since I already new exactly where the utilities were, I didn't "call before you dig", either. Just spent a day planting posts, and another hanging pre-fab panels. No fence on Friday, and a complete fence on Monday. If anyone showed up later to ask, that fence was there when we moved in <evil grin>.

Call up some friends, order a few pizzas, get a cooler of the appropriate beverage, and you could have a fence up in a day.

As for the mouthy teenager - give it right back to 'em.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom