• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It would be a waste to put up a standard chain link fence. Go with a privacy stockade and do the posts first. Save some money and then buy the panels.
    Oh, that dog is not scary.

We put up the stockade fence. Previous neighbors worked on cars in the drive and his buddy's would throw their Corona bottles (yes, Coronas) over the fence and think it was funny. We gathered all of them up over a few weekends and left them on his front porch in front of his door.
    He was a bit upset until he got a full explanation and what was going to happen next, and it did.....problem solved.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do NOT install the fence on the property line. Make sure you install it on YOUR side of the line (at least 6 inches, but however far you need to make it absolutely clear that it's YOUR fence). If it's on the property line, ownership of the fence becomes an issue later on.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    funny-pictures-lion-secures-your-ho.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm certain the city would love my 11 strand C-wire obstacle marked with landmines.

just landmines. dude you need to electricfy the fence and put towers with thos automatic guns as well every few yards. im sure nwi ingo would be happy to man them.

i put I'm cattle panels in my back yard. Only need a post every 16 feet. A t-post in the middle would help but not necessary.

IMG_20130526_175109_028_zpsa7cbee77.jpg

but u live in hillbilly redneck country (anywhere that is NOT nwi) and us corrupt, vote often, vote ealry type live in the civilied world we cant have that type of fence. ;) :rofl:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you were more west-central Indiana and less north-west Indiana, I'd be up there the second you said you were ready to do the install to help make it go fast, fast, fast.

The one thing you do NOT want to do is to leave this situation to fester. Living next to trashy neighbors with no sense of propriety and an undeserved sense of entitlement is one of the contributing factors to the legal travails I find myself in now. A lot, not a little, bud nipping needs to be going on. Installing a fence and security video cameras being just a first step.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Make sure the fence is high enough. I feel like if your neighbors are as disrespectful as you make them sound, they will just climb the fence.

:+1: A chain link fence would keep an honest person out. However, dishonest people would just climb it. I would go high (if the city allows it) and sturdy.

Very pretty dog OP, not very scary looking though. I wouldn't cross a yard with any dog in it. Most are territorial and I wouldn't want to test them.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look into 6' tall 8' long stockade fence segments and screw them to 6x6 x 10' fence posts buried 4' into the earth and encased in concrete in 12" diameter holes. If you can get those fence posts set in concrete in a day, the fence panels would go up licky-split the next day and the neighborhood vermin will have nothing to do... except start throwing more trash over your fence into your yard.

Look into those video cameras and maybe even something like an extension that can raise the bar, literally, on the amount of effort the vermin would have to exert to throw trash in your yard.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    thanks larry i recall we could not get a machine into the back yard due to the small size of the fence/gate that was originally on the house. besides when u r younger its easy to make holes :faint:

The machine he is talking about is basically a chainsaw motor on handles that stick out like those on a stretcher for two men to hold while digging.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    --purple--
    ah u white folks and your toys. we brown people just use a shovel and a mean old grandpa yelling at the grandkids to work harder and faster!
    --end purple--

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    --purple--
    ah u white folks and your toys. we brown people just use a shovel and a mean old grandpa yelling at the grandkids to work harder and faster!
    --end purple--

That also works for us white folk. I never saw one of these till maybe 10 years ago. And I've dug hundreds of postholes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That also works for us white folk. I never saw one of these till maybe 10 years ago. And I've dug hundreds of postholes.

Truth of the matter is that I have lost count of the posts I have set using manual tools and have never used one of these powered augers.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    One of these days I'll break down and buy one for my tractor. So far, I've only needed to do 1 or 2 posts at a time so I haven't been able to justify it yet.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Here's some pics, I know my lawn isn't in the best shape I was trimming in front and it started raining so I took the pics anyway.

This one is to the south nice people they are actually in the process of selling so anyone wanna be my neighbor? Lol.
    It's a 6 footer.
    97FF33FC-659D-4E50-9D2F-62DD3D2151D2-24342-00001014C6C80463.jpg

Here's the ones to the north the "Jerkson's" if you will.
    It's a 6 footer and poorly maintained, next big wind and I expect it to fall down.
    EE98A92E-9717-44F9-85C6-751E8FD21ADC-24342-00001014DFF4CD26.jpg

Here's the space that I need to seal off at the very least. Eight feet that I need to be able to move a 42in riding mower through on the far end of the shed and a gate between the shed and the house that is 41 inch.
    E9D780F8-AD1C-4946-BE29-086202ED9457-24342-00001014E74EF464.jpg

Top Bottom