• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My wife and mother are wanting to join. Would it be a good idea to bring a .22 or something similar, or should they only use their carry gun?

I think whatever they feel comfortable shooting and/or want more experience with. As we are doing some defensive training per HandK, having their EDC firearm would probably garner the most benefit.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My wife and mother are wanting to join. Would it be a good idea to bring a .22 or something similar, or should they only use their carry gun?

It would be a good ideal to bring and use the gun that you plan on using for carry, the shooter needs to get use to the recoil of that gun, taking the course with a 22 or a gun you do not intend to carry would be a loss for the student! :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    It would be a good ideal to bring and use the gun that you plan on using for carry, the shooter needs to get use to the recoil of that gun, taking the course with a 22 or a gun you do not intend to carry would be a loss for the student! :D

I wanted to ad to this that if they are novice shooters a 22 is a good gun get get some time in with! and I don't want any one thinking they may not have a great time learning and shooting for self defense, But also bring the gun you plan to carry you will be amazed at what you will accomplish! Hope this helps!! Gary :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Please do not make a huge effort to change this on my account. As much as I know I need this, I don't want to mess everyone up.
    If nothing else, I'll see if I can get Gary for myself and the girls.

Top Bottom