• when would be the best time?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

kamum76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Well if you want to go, we can just see if another weekend will work. What weekend you dont have a show?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm not married to the date (and would actually prefer it moved, but not enough not to attend). So I'm flexible...as long as I have enough notice.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    If we could get some ya's or na's to move the date this would help. If you have already moved around ur schedule for work or whatever plz let me know. Thanks

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I'm ok to move the date. just need plenty of notice of when it's going to be. trying to get a friend to make the trip with me..or several friends, as it's not too far away.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    So that new date would be June 25th......... I might come then as well. I am not doing a show that weekend so far. But I cant handle the heat too well so I am a maybe.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    ok I'm going to wait to update everything for a few more days. Like I said I want to make sure this is ok with as many ppl as possible.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    works for me.. I'd like to see if I can get a friend or two to come. How many do you think there is room for?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm trying to get a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW SHOOTER to join us. And I will need to purchase some extra mags for the firearm I'm going to let her use. How many total are recommended?

And just to make sure, there's no problem with using a .22 for this training, is there?

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I'm trying to get a BRAND SPANKIN' NEW SHOOTER to join us.
    That makes me feel better. I'm pretty darn new myself, only a few weeks.
    I'm planning on it, and I've got a couple of friends who want to come, too.
    What all should we bring?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    That makes me feel better. I'm pretty darn new myself, only a few weeks.
    I'm planning on it, and I've got a couple of friends who want to come, too.
    What all should we bring?

There was a post awhile by HandK with a list of items. Basically, the firearm, a holster, extra mags, mag pouch for the extra mags, 500 rounds of ammo, a good belt to support the firearm, eye and ear protection. I think that covers most of it, but I'd double check his post and be sure.

Wear comfortable clothing you can move around in. And I'm going to throw in a hat for sun shade if you're sensitive to it.

Does anybody have a pop-up canopy-style tent we can use? For those not actively shooting, a shaded location to rest would be nice. I'm assuming it's an open area with little tree cover.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Wear comfortable clothing you can move around in. And I'm going to throw in a hat for sun shade if you're sensitive to it.

Does anybody have a pop-up canopy-style tent we can use? For those not actively shooting, a shaded location to rest would be nice. I'm assuming it's an open area with little tree cover.

I'm a little concerned about how hot it might be the end of June, I'm glad you mentioned something about a canopy. Also I know I will be mieserable in jeans that time of year, is it appropriate to have on shorts or capris at this type of training? I realize you need to be carefuly of hot brass with the semi-automatics, but are there other reasons not to wear short?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Shorts and Capri's are fine for the training, I also have an EZ up 10 x10 that I will bring and set up, 22 are fine but I don't want any one thinking that is all they can shoot, you will be amazed at what you will accomplish in a short time! I will also bring a couple of 22 and three or four .380's and a couple of 9mm guns that anyone may use as long as they pay for the ammo or pick up some ammo for them!! You want to have comfortable cloths on as you will be doing some moving so tennis shoes would be better than sandals!! Hope this helps, Gary

Top Bottom