• In US dollars:

• Total voters

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Training being too expensive.. Seems a s there are several folks that have more than one gun. Most of the guns I see are not cheap, anywhere from $300-$900, depending on what you are getting. Although, cheap is in the person talking. What is cheap to one is not to another.. I for one would like to gain more knowledge on how to handle myself and a firearm if a situation ever happens. Find a training course of interest, save some money and plan on going..

I would like to take a few training classes to futher what little I think I know. The wife and I did do a Basic Pistol class and came away with more than we went in.

Next training class??? Any suggestions?

Turf Doctor

Again, depends on your interest and focus. There are several great training opportunities just within the INGO community. Search through some of the older threads and the subforums for each training organization, send them some questions via pm or email, and make your choice.

I know who I want you to choose, but I'm a bit prejudiced on the subject. :):

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Again, depends on your interest and focus. There are several great training opportunities just within the INGO community. Search through some of the older threads and the subforums for each training organization, send them some questions via pm or email, and make your choice.

I know who I want you to choose, but I'm a bit prejudiced on the subject. :):

Ok to be prejudiced..

I did take a class on Sunday with MIndset Lab regarding Combative Handgun & Retention. I liked Shay's approach and passion of training to be safe and stay alive to live another day. I found that shooting is good, but waht do you do when the gun doesn't work? Sure as heck can't sell it buy another and come back to the altercation. Class was very good and plan to do another soon.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Personality doesn't always come across over typed words, but I would say it's more of a passion with Shay than arrogance.

I agree with everything Que wrote above and will add one thing. Audience. You have to remember that Shay is preaching (because he's a "training evangelist";)) to folks on a regional gun board in the Tactics & Training section. I believe his remarks are directed toward those that have taken the initiative to surf this section on the web, but that perhaps haven't yet made real live training a priority.

I know this because he [STRIKE]annoyed [/STRIKE]encouraged me for years before I trained with him. :laugh:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Thread ress......

I will tell you....nowadays, it's not the price of the training that's killing me, but rather the ammo (for those classes with live fire) It's difficult when you reload everything you shoot, but then you can't use reloads for most classes and factory ammo is scarce.......and overpriced. It's really cramping my style. I'm starting to look in to more classes without live fire until this all cools down.

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    I think the folks should get paid for their time to train you. That being said, i think their cost should be reasonable as well. Not 5k for a three day session, IMO, no one is worth that.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    More than one instructor has told me that medical and driving instruction are THE most likely to actually be used training received.

Absolutely. You're chances of saving a life with medical, are far more likely than combative. It's something that should be taught in schools as standard curriculum.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Being an EMT-B isn't nearly as cool as being a super-tactical ninja operator though.

Mouth to mouth/CPR to some dude, or running around looking bad-freakin-ass with a cool beard, a shemagh, and a sweet carbine with all the goodies yelling BUST EM.....

Top Bottom