Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    This one made it through the season. Picture was taken last winter.....

BI8xoxP.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Another nice one!! I love seeing the mature bucks that were smart enough to avoid the hunters.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow! A hummingbird. They are hard and rare to photograph like that. That little guy must have been checking out the stealth cam.

They are like little helicopters. They can move sideways and straight up, SO FAST.

There is actually a hanging pot of red geraniums above the camera, but that is the first time I have captured one in a picture like that. It was pretty cool to see! I have that camera set to take a burst of 7 pictures when it is triggered. There were four pictures of the hummingbird so if I had just had it set to snap one, I likely would not have had any of the bird.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Not from a tail camera, I took this shot from my garage myself on my property near Broadripple & the White river.

Attachments

• main.php?cmd=image&var1=May.2009%2F00010_2162.jpg
      main.php?cmd=image&var1=May.2009%2F00010_2162.jpg
      57 KB · Views: 59
    Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Since deer season is rapidly approaching and I haven't had any good trail cam photos of decent bucks yet this year I was going through my file of some of the bucks I've gotten photos of over the years. I thought I would share a few of the more interesting ones here.

5eANQIl.jpg

HbuBr67.jpg

UlnlGP0.jpg

8coQY6K.jpg

7SALNxW.jpg

QtV0MhU.jpg

OaFpscn.jpg

2ueuQkB.jpg

kGs056L.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Here's an interesting buck that could have been an absolute giant if he hadn't come to an unfortunate end.

These velvet photos were the first indication that a buck like this was around.
    ELzOmXt.jpg

28EutDJ.jpg

I didn't realize it at the time but I became convinced after seeing the post season photos below that I saw this buck walk past my stand 5 minutes before legal shooting time on the opening day of firearms season that year.
    w8Dun09.jpg

VAsnMCW.jpg

OjZSaCG.jpg

The following year, my number 1 goal was to track down this buck to see what he looked like and hopefully pattern him. I didn't get the first photo of him until early October in the exact same location I had seen him the year before in firearms season. My hunt for him began and ended with this one photo because I didn't want to shoot him with one side broken off (suspiciously early in the season, imo)and I didn't want to be tempted to do so.
    YNnEDzk.jpg

This was the last photo I got of this buck since he was shot 15-20 minutes later by a known poacher that was busted the following year for hunting over a corn pile and a salt block in the same area.
    wgUGX1g.jpg

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    In terms of quantity if not quality, 2014 was one of my best summers for getting photos of nice bucks. This trio of bucks that I called the "The Good, the Better, and the Ugly" were the headliners.
    28Q8PkF.jpg

GhlPdp1.jpg

QiAoPb3.jpg

GrMR89f.jpg

Good simply disappeared after shedding his velvet and I never got any more photos of him. Ugly was clearly a brawler and quickly started breaking points as the rut approached. He disappeared completely sometime around the last week of early archery season so I suspect he was either killed by another hunter or another buck. Better survived the season and 2 more before finally being killed last year. I ended up getting more photos of him than any other buck over at least 5 seasons.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Those are some great photos two70! Can you post the pics of “Better” in his last year? And how did you find out he was taken that year?

Top Bottom