Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    No problem. I think I actually posted this photo of him last year and it was taken in early August like the one in 2014. I found out he was killed last year when my father happened to talk to a neighbor who showed him pictures of a huge 8 that a different neighbor had killed last year. The tall brow tines located abnormally high on the beam make him pretty easy to recognize even at a glance.

vYOEjXu.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That guy is awesome!

I saw a spike buck on my camera about a week ago that has one antler completely hanging down by his face...busted off. I think he took on someone bigger than he should have.

Unicorns do exist!! At least, at my house. :rockwoot:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Nice bucks, Marc

I'm starting to see more coyotes than deer again. Their days are numbered.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think the deer I have been watching have gone into hiding. I'm just not seeing as many. Great looking bucks, Jay!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I think I need to move my cameras. I'm getting mostly turkeys. The deer seem to have found our orchard and there are no cameras out there right now.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Lots of cool ones over the years, but this one will always be special to me. This was probably 8 years or so ago when my youngest and I were walking back to a hunting spot for an evening sit.

kPtdia3.jpg

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Got this photo off of one our cameras. A nice deer but not a great deer. The problem is if I let him pass one of the neighbors will surely take him during gun season. . Can’t seem to grow any REALLY big ones because too much pressure from surrounding landowners. I’m past shooting the 125-130 class 8 pointers. My minimum goal is 150”. Pretty tough to do in my very populated area.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Got this photo off of one our cameras. A nice deer but not a great deer. The problem is if I let him pass one of the neighbors will surely take him during gun season. 廊. Can’t seem to grow any REALLY big ones because too much pressure from surrounding landowners. I’m past shooting the 125-130 class 8 pointers. My minimum goal is 150”. Pretty tough to do in my very populated area.

Looks like a pretty good one to me! I'm fortunate enough to hunt an area where the bucks have a pretty good chance to survive into old age and I wouldn't hesitate to take that buck provided he was old enough. Of the six shooters I have found so far only 2 would out score that buck and none of them by much. Relatively few bucks will ever reach 150 even if the live long enough to reach their full potential. If that buck is 4.5 or older, he is a heck of a deer no matter what he scores, IMO.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    He is a nice one. We have the same thing here. I had two nice bucks I was seeing on the cameras all year last year. Opening day of shotgun both were shot by neighbors. Hubby was in his stand and watched them walk together only to hear both shots within minutes of each other as they passed thru the two neighboring properties.

I have a couple here now that are pretty nice...I keep telling them they are safe here and can grow bigger if they stay, but they never seem to listen.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Pic from Oct 30th - 9:00 am. It would seem the bucks are starting to cruise. The neck on this guy is HUGE ! If he gets within 30 yards of my blind when I’m in it he’ll be in trouble. I’m guessing 4.5 yrs old (?)

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yes, I would guess 4.5 as well. I don't see any sign of the belly sag typical of 5.5+ year old bucks and he definitely looks older than 3.5.

Top Bottom